“Landmark, How about Landfill” 1 of 5 stars

The Landmark Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   480 Main Street, Laconia, NH 03246   |
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Laconia
Mass
“Landmark, How about Landfill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2006

The lobby was lovely, the artwork was quaint, the dingy elevator should have been our clue to turn right back around and head to another hotel. We are forgiving travellers who understand that it is difficult to keep up with appearances in a smoking room but this place went beyond yellowing wall paper. All we really needed was a clean place to lay our heads but the debris in the bed in the first room and the disgusting sheets in the second room were so over the top that there is no need to give details on the view of the run down apartment building that greeted us in the parking lot.

Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2006

the hotel was perfect for on the go travlers, there was four of us and the hotel accomadated all of our needs, and you could not beat the price!

• Stayed July 2006
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2006

I don't know what these other reviewers were smoking when they stayed at the Landmark Inn. It wasn't even half as bad as they all claim it was.

I stayed there on May 9th - I was doing a speaking engagement at the Laconia Public Library who put me up at the Landmark.

The lobby was tastefully furnished, the front desk clerk was nice and friendly. Yes, the hotel is not the newest, but honeslty, for $49.95/night, what do you expect? The Ritz?

My room was on the top floor, the 7th, two double beds. The only quibbles I had with the room was that one of the bedspreads had a dubious stain on it, so I slept in the other bed. (I did check the sheets on the bed I didn't sleep in and they were clean and fine.)

The other quibble was that the bathtub could have been cleaner. I don't know if it was hard water stains or just a poor cleaning job.

Other than those two minor things, the room was clean, the bed was comfy (and did have a mattress pad on it and the other one), the AC and heat worked fine (I tried both).

The continental breakfast was as advertised: Muffins, doughnuts, etc and coffee and juice.

If you want a fancy hotel, then don't stay here. If you want someting inexpensive and decent, the Landmark Inn is a good place to stay.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2005

We stayed at the Landmark over Christmas. We checked in and discovered no mattress pad (pad between mattress and sheet) on our bed. The woman at the front desk gave us keys to 2 other rooms on the same floor. Neither of those rooms had mattress pads either. There wasn't any housekeeping personel. We ended up re-making our bed with a mattress pad. This was the first hotel (out of many) that didn't have a mattress pad, and the first time I've had to make up the bed myself.

• Stayed December 2005
Carmel, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2005

at 49.99 you really cant go wrong. However, they have one person on staff at night. I moved rooms once becuase my first room was in a stairwell. Once i moved, i was happier with my 2nd room. In both rooms the TV remote did not work. I called down and asked what could be done...the young man said "come down and he'll swap it out. For one night, on business, it was fine. Longer than that, i wouldn't recomend. Breakfast was a joke, but again for 49.99...................

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2005

After traveling 14 hours by car to Laconia, NH, my family and I couldn't wait to get to our hotel. Once to our room, we discovered a dirty kleenex under the bathroom counter, peeling wallpaper, torn lampshades, holey curtains, a dirty floor, and a horrible musty smell. We complained, and were given a new room. Same problems as the prior room, it was a dirty mess. Our other family members had the same problems, and we all complained to the front desk and filled out complaint forms. We stayed for 2 nights, and it cost us $270. We expected some form of discount or even an apology from the manager, but got nothing. Oh, and the breakfast was horrible too.

Basically, this is an overpriced, filthy, mess of a hotel, and I would never recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2005
New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2005

I read the review from June regarding the Landmark and decided to give them a chance. WHAT A MISTAKE!

The Landmark is a VERY OUTDATED facility, I was suprised that I didnt have cockroaches in my room. The room was so filthy and dilapidated, Im surprised the state allows them to continue opening their doors each morning.

The carpet & bedding is so stained and worn, the furniture looks second hand, and the breakfast was weak, (not to mention the mold on the muffins).

The staff was young, rude and inexperienced, very unprofessional.
I wouldnt stay there on business if you paid me.
TO ALL, dont waste a penny on this dump, spend the extra $20 on a decent place!

• Stayed July 2005

Been to The Landmark Inn? Share your experiences!