“Need to work on their customer service skills” 1 of 5 stars

603-366-2300
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 71 Restaurants in Laconia
New Hampshire
“Need to work on their customer service skills”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I've been meaning to write this review for a while but am just now getting to it. I wish I could say how the place was but unfortunately I wasn't given the chance. My wife and I had taken some of our employees out one night back in late summer or early fall, I don't remember the exact date. We decided to give the Looney Bin a try. As 3 of us walked up into the restaurant the bartender (who I found out later from someone else is the owner) looked at us and said to my wife and our employee, I can serve you both but I can't serve him. When I said excuse me she said "you are side-stepping, you are obviously intoxicated." That was news to me as I hadn't had a drink that night to that point. I do have an old hip injury however that causes me some time to favor it and walk with a little bit of a limp. I can only assume this is what she meant. However this is not very good business on her point. Why not ask me some questions? Start a conversation? See how my speech is? To simply call me out in front of the rest of the bar and declare that I am drunk and can't be served was uncalled for and it was embarrassing. I own a very successful business in this community, I employ over 80 employees, I have never been intoxicated to the point that I should be "cut off." Obviously I found this inappropriate and embarrassing, not wanting to have a confrontation with the bartender we simply turned around and left. We called the other members of our party who were on the way to meet us and we went to another local establishment and had a great night.

Advice to the owner: before you just judge someone as being to drunk to serve try talking to them a little bit and not just assuming the worst and being rude about it, at the very least you could have been more discrete about it you, it was uncalled for to announce it for every other patron in the vicinity to hear.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Quincy, Massachusetts
“Let's Get Looney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Wasn't too sure what to think about this hole in the wall but thought hey let's give it a whirl!! Great service, good menu, amazing drinks and amazing food. I would recommend giving this one a try!!

Visited September 2013
Belmont, New Hampshire
“great burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

its what it says fun fun fun very small but a great chef its cozy 1 BATHROOM best burgers other than the ellokoya bar and grill

Visited June 2013
Laconia, New Hampshire
“Awesome food in an unassuming place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Don't let this cool, small watering hole for locals, bikers and visitors fool you into thinking its just for cocktails and beer. They may have a hundred different shots on the wall and an eclectic mix of signs and curiosities on the wall, but that's only half the story.
Michelle and her staff serve up some of the best, freshest casual food around!
I recently visited with my wife and son, and we were stuffed with a great meal.
The burgers are better than most and the specials are always different and great.
Cool place to grab some cocktails, but don't miss the food!!!

• Visited November 2012