“Love this Place” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Medford, MA
“Love this Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Frequent here often in the summer when we take our boat on Lake W. Great service, food is always perfect, amazing $5 Margaritas. Sign up via email and you will get constant coupons.

Visited July 2013

New London, Connecticut
“Good seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I ordered the platter with a mix of everything on it, I forget what it was called, but it was great. There was definitely enough for both of us. The shrimp was the only thing I wish was better, it tasted old and not as fresh as everything else. The clam strips were very good, and neither of us like sea scallops but these were delicious. The server did take a little while to give us refills, but they were all very friendly.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rutland, Massachusetts
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

This place has great food with reasonable prices. The place is very clean and the staff of the restaurant is excellent.

Visited August 2013
“One Star is Generous”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This may have been the worst meal I have had in years. I understand that you can't expect top cuisine when you are in a touristy area, but this place was so very bad. First of all, the service was extremely slow as mentioned by others who have reviewed this restaurant. The one bright spot were some fried onion chunks which were a special. Whether they were decent or just tasted good because we were so hungry I can't say but looking back after having to eat the main meal, they were the highlight. Me did my girlfriend both ordered the special which was grilled haddock. Maybe it was our fault for ordering haddock grilled which wold seem to obviously make it dry, but honestly, the menu was very limited and none of the meals being delivered to any of the other patrons looked very good.

The haddock was dry and tough, the Steamed broccoli was bland and the rice pilaf was tasteless. It truly was a very bad meal. Not sure where I can recommend t go elsewhere at Weirs Beach but avoid this place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, excellent service, excellent value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had an amazing lobster dinner here! We had reserved a table for the Lobster Pound for that evening, booking online from England and I had even had an email reminding me but without any warning they had closed for a few days when we turned up and the Manager was extremely rude and off-hand when I phoned to complain the next day. She said there were plenty of other places to eat. THERE CERTAINLY ARE and we were very lucky to choose the Lobster in the Rough that evening at such short notice. The staff were very helpful in explaining the Menu and we decided to go for it. Luckily we weren't put off by the smell of frying as we came in or the take-away area & we were shown upstairs to the large dining-room which was much more atmospheric than downstairs with at least two screens to watch matches etc. The waitresses were very friendly and we didn't have too long to wait till our lobsters arrived. WOW ! They were SUPERB !!!! The corn on the cob was very sweet and tender, though the broccoli was just a little too al dente but that was all. My friend was having difficulty cracking one of the claws so the waitress had a go, couldn't do it either, so took it away to crack it with something stronger! She also gave us tips on how to get the lobster out and gave us a couple more sticks as I had broken mine. I would definitely go back there again and we were so happy we happened to choose it. It was extremely good value for money. In England we would have had to pay double what we paid that night !

• Visited June 2013