“The Gringo is a little crazy” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 69 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: Mexican
Gilford, New Hampshire
“The Gringo is a little crazy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is a restaurant that I have been frequenting for 20 years, through it's name changes and management. I was excited when The Crazy Gringo opened up. The food was consistent and you get it hot and just the way you order it with enough for lunch the next day. The margarita's NEVER disappoint.

However, the prices have increased . . . $79. including tip for a dinner for two and 4 margaritas, oh and that includes the $1.00 for the lousy chips and bland salsa. What Mexican restaurant charges for poorly made chips and flavorless salsa. Just last year I could order the same thing for $20 less. Harsh yes, and I should have taken my own advice the last time where I stated, "this is the last time". I think I mean it now. Though I'll probably pop in via boat for a margarita now and again during bike week.

Sorry and unfortunately, but I believe the owner is not investing in his business as he should as the decor is still drab, though improved over the years I think he is focusing on his bar business and less on the restaurant portion.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“Mexican food in New hampshire”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stopped in for lunch and I had the Mexican Tortilla salad with chicken and this thing was a meal for $9.95.This is the second time dining there and they didn't disappoint

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Berwick, ME
“Great drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I went here for a quick drink with friends when we traveled to Laconia off season. The margaritas were delish. We had chips and salsa which were average. Based on that experience I'm not sure that I would go back for food but would certainly go back for a drink.

Visited November 2013
Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts
“Great day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great ill watering hole with free pizza at half time and cold beers . Friendly crew in there and very friendly staff and we even got another PATRIOTS WIN !

Visited November 2013
Windham, New Hampshire
“We tried it and we liked it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We went the day after Thanksgiving at 6pm, nothing much else was open. We stopped in and there was already a good crowd. We were seated right away and had Hornitos Margaritas within minutes, these were the best margaritas we ever had in a restaurant. We had chicken and steak fajitas, huge portions. The quality of the food was excellent. When we're up this way again we'll definitely go back.

• Visited November 2013