“A good family place” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 69 Restaurants in Laconia
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Seafood, Vegetarian
Dining options: Takeout, Late Night
Description: Following the success of T-BONES, the first Cactus Jack's opened in 1995 in Manchester. In 2007, the Laconia location became New Hampshire's first dual casual dining concept - with both Cactus Jack's and T-BONES - on Lake Winnipesaukee. While it keeps up the tradition of "homemade" dishes, the look and menu at CJ's has its own style. Attentive servers are always ready to serve guests authentic Southwestern, Tex-Mex, Cajun, and barbecue dishes that are unmatched in New Hampshire.
Lincoln, Rhode Island
“A good family place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

The atmosphere is nice and the view from the dining room is nice. The menu has a lot of choice. I had the prime rib and I liked it very much. The au jus was good and I liked the choice of portion sizes. The prices were fair and there is complimentary valet parking which was a lifesaver. The waitress was very nice and I had a mudslide which I thought was wonderful. I gave it an average rating because there was not much unusual about the menu and I thought it could use a little more pizzazz, but it was good food and a good price.

Visited August 2014

Coventry, Connecticut
“Delicious with Healthy Options”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My husband and I came here for a late lunch today. This is a Tex Mex style restaurant with healthy options. The free home made chips with seasoning were delicious, as was the salsa. My husband ordered the house beer which was a darker, Sam Adams brew and he said it was good. I ordered the Chicken Caesar Salad "In the Pink" (which is their healthy options menu) and it was very good. My husband ordered the Buffalo Chicken Fajita Wrap which came with fries and he said that was all very good as well. They have happy hour from 3-5 and 10-close (which is at 12:30) Sundays - Thursdays. We were there during happy hour, my husband and I each got one beer and the total came to about $35 without tip. We both liked this much better than when we went upstairs to TBones earlier in the week. I would absolutely suggest stopping here if you are in the area.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Love It, Spicy or Not”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

There’s no need to be put off if you don’t care for spicy food. Just tell your preference to your wait staff, and they’ll take care of you.

Our group started with the homemade Espinachos, where the ultra-thin fresh tortilla chips come served with a yummy bowl of warm cheesy spinach dip, although you don’t taste spinach. (Good news for those leery of such greens.)

We also had a couple of orders of guacamole, which our dining partners adore AND call the best guacamole anywhere.

If you DO like spice, watch for (and order) their Uno Dos Tres special. Oh, yeah! The One Two Three includes 1 grilled chicken breast, 2 spicy grilled sausage, and 3 grilled jumbo shrimp, all served on Cactus Jack’s yummy rice. This dish is not for the faint-hearted nor the petite appetite.

CJ’s offers lots of options, large and small, mild and spicy.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Wonderful Experiences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We loved the service and food--enchiladas and all American hamburger. The entire staff were friendly and helpful with a gluten-free suggestion.

Visited June 2014
Laconia, New Hampshire
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My daughter went here last weekend.. The food wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. For the price why don't you just grill some burgers at home.

• Visited May 2014