The hotel was easy to get to, it was about 20 minutes off of route 91 and very easy to get to. The only thing is you pass a really nice, convienantly located motel on the way.
The rooms were a very nice size and very smartly arranged. The sink was located out of the bathtub/commode area. In our room, there were two double beds, a desk and a table with two chairs.
Unfortunately, we were unable to get a non-smoking room and the room smelled like there was a cigar convention in there. But, it was very clean.
The weekend we stayed in late May hosted our family as well as a young girls basketball team and men's baseball team. The girls were great, but the men were in the rooms right across from ours. They had several rooms and were very loud. Slamming doors as they went from one room to another, laughing talking, drinking beer. And then, they woke up at seven in the morning, talking loud, moving back and forthh between rooms. I do not blame them. The soundproofing was terrible at this hotel.
The free breakfast was very nice. It included juice, coffee, several breads, muffins and rolls, fruit, yogurt, applesauce and hard boiled eggs. There were even low carb muffins.
The pool was perfect for young children. It was small and the depth was 3 feet to 5 feet. There was an awesome whirlpool. It was absolutley delightful. I think older children with the size of the pool. It is very small.
Overall, it was very nice, It was in a strange location, but it was a good location. If I had a choice i would probably stay at the Best Western around the corner.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Keene Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Keene Hotel Keene
- Holiday Inn Keene
- Keene Holiday Inn
- Keene Holiday Inn Express
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new guest rooms in 2011! There are many reasons why the Holiday Inn Express Keene, NH is the favorite place for business travelers and vacationers in Keene, NH. Area businesses include National Grange Mutual, C&S Wholesale Grocers, Smith Medical, Markem, Timken, Corning Net Optix, Liberty Mutual, and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Clinic. We are located close to Keene State College, Antioch New England Graduate School, and Franklin Pierce College.Area attractions include the annual Pumpkin Festival, Mt. Monadnock, covered bridges, Colonial Theatre, Colony Mill Marketplace, and many award-winning local restaurants. Activities include skiing and tubing at Granite Gorge, hiking, biking, golfing and shopping. The Holiday Inn Express Keene, NH features 80 spacious guest rooms with everything you desire in your travel accommodations, from pet-friendly rooms to free WIFI. From the moment you enter, friendly and knowledgeable staff will remind you why you chose to Stay Smart. So whether you are in town for business or pleasure, the Holiday Inn Express Keene, NH is the place to be. We are Keene's finest hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Keene reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.