“Comfortable, Clean, Quiet, Great choice in Keene!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Keene
Boston
“Comfortable, Clean, Quiet, Great choice in Keene!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

After experiencing one of the worst hotel stays in my LIFE at The Lane Hotel in Keene two years ago, I breathed a sigh relief after discovering this new Marriot when we had to return to Keene for another wedding. This brand-new Marriot could not have been anymore convenient to Keene's downtown area, a quick walk to everything! Pleasant staff, large sparkling rooms and quite possibly one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in! I had to force myself out of the wonderful bedding. Free parking, a small cafe, snacks and drinks sold in the lobby. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Keene.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Good:
Hotel was nice and clean, plenty of parking and quiet. The rooms were clean, and kept nice, and the beds albeit soft were comfy to sleep on. Close to downtown and walking distance to many restaurants and bars if you wish. Seemed a safe neighborhood.
Bartender was super nice as we arrived at "last call" on Sunday night, she was more than happy to give us a back up drink before she cashed out and told us that we were more than welcome to stay in the bar as long as we wanted. Very nice gesture and we certainly appreciated this after a long day.

Not so great:
AC was super loud....too loud to sleep to.
When calling for the reservation I specifically asked for a back sided room (based on another tripadvisor review about noise) and I didn't get it. Didn't complain about it because, it seemed quiet enough. Also requested that the two rooms be apart from one another for personal reasons and this be confidential.... which was accomodated and spoken to about personally upon check in quietly as the other family members were parking...but...my stepdaughter decided she wanted her own room that evening instead of bunking with her brother, and when she went to the desk to inquire about another room (after we spoke about the seperate rooms) the receptionist told her that I specifically didn't want the rooms to be close to mine...which made my stepdaughter question me and get angry...Why would the receptionist speak that to her? I was mortified when my stepdaughter approached me asking why that was my preference...I am only left with why the receptionist needed to tell that to her?
Overall a decent stay...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011 via mobile

My new wife and I stayed here for the July 4th weekend. We booked the suite with the jacuzzi tub. This place is immaculate and brand new. King size bed was very comfortable. We got married at the Keene country club just minutes away. You can walk into downtown Keene in about 2 minutes. The staff knew we were getting married and provided great service. The bar staff stayed open until 11:00 instead of ten just for us and our guests on the night of our wedding. The staff at the cafe helped me prepare a lovely breakfast in bed for my wife the day after our wedding. We had a great weekend at the Courtyard we stayed for three nights...... We saved our honeymoon however and will be going to Jamaica for a week. If I return to keene and need a hotel we would absolutely stay at our now very memorable suite in Keene. Thank you to the staff at the Courtyard in Keene.

• Stayed July 2011
GeneralManagerAB, General Manager at Courtyard Keene Downtown, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Dear VERMONTCOUPLE,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review. I am so glad we were able to be part of such a special and memorable occasion. I have said before, but I am very happy of the team here at the hotel and how they go above and beyond for our guests. I was delighted to hear that they helped make a special breakfast for your new wife, which was very thoughtful of you also!!

We at the hotel wish you and your wife all the happiness and a great future together. Please feel free to let me know personally when you will be back and we will do our best to get you the same suite; and this time we will make breakfast for both of you!

South Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

I travel frequently for business and wish there were more hotels likes this around. However, this trip was with family on our way for a college visit. The room (with 2 queen beds) was large with plenty of room. Good soundproofing between the bathroom and bedroom - I couldn't even hear the toilet flush or the shower running when the bathroom door was closed.

The bed. bedding and pillows were delicious! Four nice pillows per bed - so nice.

The room and hotel in general were very clean and well maintained.

The only things I would have liked are free internet in the rooms (there was free wireless in the lobby but I didn't use it) and breakfast included in rate. We wanted to get on the road quickly in the morning so we bought a light breakfast in the "restaurant" (more like a snack bar).

I would definitly stay here again if I were in the area.

Oh yes, and the downtown area is neat - somewhat quaint with interesting-looking shops.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
GeneralManagerAB, General Manager at Courtyard Keene Downtown, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
Dear Picara,

Thanks so much for the great review, we certainly appreciate the feedback! I also wanted to apologize for any confusion regarding the Internet, but we do offer complimentary wireless high-speed in the guestrooms.

Good luck with the search for a College and please keep us in mind if you are ever back in the Keene area!

Stratford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

we arrived late, around 930 pm, needed a bite to eat so we stopped in the hotel bar...ordered a double hamburger and a french dip....well two bites into the burger and the cook did not remove the paper between the burgers !!!! quite a surprise i must say....on a previous stay, it was perfect ! this time however the hotel was VERY noisy all night...people running around and doors slamming....despite the noise, we would stay here in the future, however i might eat elsewhere, and would certainly notify the staff of any noise instead of being tolerant ....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Artbon,
Thank you for your recent comments and also for your continued patronage. I am sorry to hear that this past stay did not live up to your previous experience with us. Please, on your next visit do not hesitate to contact me personally if you run into any issues, if there is anything else we can do for you, or even just to say hello. I will personally make sure your stay is as enjoyable as possible and I will even cook your next burger for you! Again, thank you so much for the repeat business and I hope to see you soon here in Keene.

Sharon, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We just stayed at the Courtyard Keene and generally liked it -- our room was very spacious, the bed was great, the bathroom was nicely updated, and there was plenty of storage available.

That said, we had three quibbles with the hotel: the front desk service was not the most welcoming or knowledgeable; parking is not the most convenient (it's located in several lots nearby, the closest of which fills up fairly quickly); and noise traveled much too easily from neighboring rooms (either upstairs -- we could often hear people walking on the floor above us -- or next next door).

Although our room rate did not include breakfast, we easily made use of nearby options on Main Street, where there are several good bakery/cafes.

All in all, this was a good place to stay in downtown Keene, within easy walking distance of many restaurants and funky shops.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room (we did) and insist on it on arrival (we got shut out).
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear DGandSAG,
Thank you for your recent review, I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as downtown Keene. However I was disappointed to hear that the front desk was not the most knowledgeable or welcoming; we strive to have an excellent team that goes above and beyond, with each guest associate going through a rigorous training program. That said, I am very sorry that you did not experience this first hand, and I hope that if you are ever in the area again you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and deliver the level of service you should have received.
I do acknowledge your concerns over parking, as you mentioned the lot closest to the hotel can fill up quickly and while there is amble parking, I understand that this sometimes involves a short walk. We have looked at various options, including charging for parking, but I would personally rather not do this and feel that we are lucky to be able to offer free parking while still being downtown. The good news is that we are working on a plan for additional parking, closer to the hotel which should be in place sometime next year. I understand that this does little for your past stay, but wanted you to know that these concerns have been heard and are being addressed.

Again I hope that if your travels ever bring you to the Keene area again, you will give us the opportunity to host you.

Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Nice new hotel right off the main street in Keene...we checked in last night for a business meeting this morning. Other reviews mention parking issues, there are two large lots next door to the hotel with plenty of parking so I don't know what that was about. Upon entering our room we had a service issue, which was dealt with immediately and to our satisfaction and we were given a complimentary breakfast as an apology. Breakfast was sufficient and the coffee was Starbucks and plentiful. It is a pleasant walk around the downtown area, where there were some good choices for dinner.

This hotel was built with green technology and has LEED certification which is important to us as we are in the sustainability consulting industry.

Free Wireless in lobby only....no excuse for that these days when wireless is virtually everywhere. There is an ethernet connection, but only one of us could use it at a time obviously.

Room Tip: Free wireless is in the lobby only...that was a drawback but there is an ethernet connection in the...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear jtreby,
Thank you for the wonderful review; and also for addressing others' parking concerns. As I have mentioned there is amble parking, but for some people, especially when we are busy they may feel that it is a little remote. I am happy that we are able to offer free parking, while still being this close to downtown. I also recommend that guests stop at the front of the hotel upon their initial arrival, where there are several ‘unloading’ zones; the front desk can then advise where the best parking is.
Thank you also for recognizing our green efforts. I am personally very proud to work at a “green” property; while it costs more to build a hotel like this, the satisfaction of knowing that we are minimizing our impact on the environment is a real plus, and, as I’m sure you know from your business, there are real financial paybacks in the long run.
I was surprised by your statement regarding the Internet, as we do offer complimentary wireless high-speed throughout the entire hotel; I apologize for any confusion.
I hope that when you are next back in Keene you will give us the opportunity y to host you again.

Area General Manager

Been to Courtyard Keene Downtown? Share your experiences!