“Pretty and Quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Colony House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keene
Colony House Bed & Breakfast
You added Colony House Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
104 West Street, Keene, NH 03431   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Keene B&B and Inns
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Pretty and Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Colony House while I had a business meeting in Keene.

I never met the owner. Was sort of left alone to fend for myself.

The place was clean and nice furnishings. As someone else said there is a stocked fridge so that was nice.

I would stay again if the need arose.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

As others had mentioned, this is how B&B's should be. Very clean, excellent attention to the details. Nice rooms without tons of lace (cannot figure out why B&B's are addicted to lace). Nice breakfast. Friendly folks. Etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

There was a bit of 'Upstairs, Downstairs' to this lovely and lovingly restored home; a well-polished formality. A quiet that had weight to it. It is both elegant and absolutely comfortable. On the days that we stayed, we were the only guests, and the owner was away, so the house truly was ours to enjoy, and we did. There was a pretty living room with cushy sofas and lots of good magazines that I don't usually see, but really enjoy reading on occason, a sitting room with television, and a fine butler's pantry...beautifully restored, where there were drinks in the fridge. We were in good hands each morning for a buffet light breakfast in a beautiful kitchen bright with morning light. Upstairs, around the corner from the stair, I noticed a laundry room unlike any I have ever seen. There was an old fashioned linen press, and the sumptuous vintage linens that made the beds so lovely to sleep in, hung on pegs on the wall. Our room was very nice, well lit, with carefully restored windows that easily opened, and had a wonderful bathroom. The inn is located just two blocks from Main Street, but the nights were quiet. I wish that we had had the chance to meet the owner and creater of this exceptional place; I am sure she is as fascinating as the home she has created.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Eaton Center, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My son was graduating from Keene state college, and our plans were to stay in Keene for the weekend. Being a flight attendant for 40 years I knew I did not want to stay in a motel/hotel! So I located this b&b in downtown Keene. Wow were we pleasantly surprised when we walked in. The lovely owner was pleasant and the beds and pillows were VERY comfortable!!!! She has a beautiful home and we felt at home. She serves a perfect breakfast. I could go on but this a 10!!!

Room Tip: Choose a good room? All four are delightful!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Branford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Joslin has developed a beautiful and inviting guesthouse in this historic property, and she takes great delight in sharing it with her guests. Colony House is a wonderful place to stay while visiting the area - I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a truly first class experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I stopped there on my way to Boston by bike. My bedroom was great, the living room is perfect and the breakfast was delightful. Keene's beautiful central square is a couple of blocks away. And the host is very friendly.

Perfect spot if you bike around the region!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Willemstad, Curacao
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Our first time in Keene and in the Colony house, it almost brought us back in time. Everthing was excellent so we extended our stay from 2 nights in to 6.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Colony House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!