“LOVE this place!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lantern Resort Motel and Campground

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jefferson
The Lantern Resort Motel and Campground
You added The Lantern Resort Motel and Campground to your Saves list
Route 2, Jefferson, NH   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Jefferson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
massachusetts
“LOVE this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been staying at the Lantern Resort Motel and Campground for the past 6 years. My husband and his family have returned every Labor Day weekend for close to if not more than 20 years!!! There is no doubt that this campground is the best one out there, especially in the Jefferson, NH area. I could go on and on about all of the wonderful things that make this campground the best. But for time sake, simply the cleanliness, comfort, and friendliness of the staff make it what it is. We will be returning again next year and hopefully many more to come! It has been a family tradition since my husband was young and we look forward to continuing it with our own kids.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
LanternResort, Owner at The Lantern Resort Motel and Campground, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you so much fo your kind words. For the past 26 years it has been our goal to provide an envirorment where families create memorable experiences that they may share for generations.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Winchester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed the Lantern Resort Motel and Campground as part of our visit to Santa's Village. We booked the room in June and we asked if we could block off some rooms for friends who might be booking there as well. They were very accommodating and held a block of rooms despite the fact that it was for a busy time and it was unclear at the time how many of friends could actually make it. Three of the families ended up booking and they were all impressed with the cleanliness of the grounds and the pools. It was also Halloween weekend and the kids had a blast with the costume contest (our daughter won the most creative costume, which was a hoot) and trick or treating. The haunted forest is no joke and was quite scary for one of our 8 year-olds. Those zombies are convincing!

Prior to and during our stay, the front desk attendants were very friendly and accommodating with all of our questions about the motel and area attractions.

And we would have given five stars, but our bathroom had a bit of a smell and we couldn't quite pinpoint what it was since it was very clean as was the rest of the room.

We would definitely recommend The Lantern Resort Motel and Campground to families. Next time, we'll have to bring an RV!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We rented their RV Trailer Rental four years in a row, August 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012. We didn't this year as a change, but I would definitely recommend this place. It's resort camping, and the children enjoyed it. Two years we did the Halloween weekend, and the third year we 'took a break' and rented in the week. The experience is much different on the weekdays vs the weekend.

The trailer rental was clean and well maintained, like their hotel rooms. Enough space for four children and two adults.

They drop off towels each morning!!!! Remember to tip housekeeping when you rent a trailer. They don't clean during your stay, but they clean VERY WELL before you check-in.

The weekends are very very busy with almost every site being camped in, but it never felt crazy. Everyone followed camp rules, i.e. driving slowly. I felt safe that my children would NOT be hit by a car. And noise was no more then people having a regular conversation over a camp fire, even on a busy Saturday evening.

We also had Ms. Sleepytime read each year as well (she deserves a tip too!), and participated in the evening programs which maybe something like a water balloon fight or hula hoop competitions on the weekdays.

Weekdays are significantly calmer, and my children just loved playing in their playground and the open green space.

Great campground for star gazing into the late night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Westford, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We just returned from a three night stay at the Lantern Campground and experienced first hand the customer service that goes above and beyond expectations. We were traveling in a 45' Motorhome towing a Jeep Commander. I had my wife, my daughter and my grandchild as well as my daughters friend and her child. When we approached the Lantern from the east the first entrance, the one closest to the campground, was blocked with a RV that was checking in so I decided to go to the next entrance. When I turned into the second entrance the incline was steeper than I realized ... I made a decision to continue going forward rather than stop with my tow vehicle sticking out in the road and unhooking the tow vehicle. Bad Mistake! ... I hung up and could not move. A gentleman from the motel came out and proceeded to help me by getting planks to try to get traction under the drive axle .... no luck. Meanwhile, my wife is out directing traffic and we sent the rest of the clan to Santa's Village. After about 1/2 hour the man from the motel suggested I raise the Coach with the hydrolic levelers and get the planks under the tires which would raise the rear end. At this point we were more of an attraction than Santa's Village ... local people were stopping to help. We followed through with the plan and ... success!

The man from the motel turned out to be John Ahearn, the owner. We can't thank him enough for his assistance.

We checked in and went to the site (64) and it was beautiful. When driving a big rig you need to be careful and plan your way in and way out ... the planning was worth it. Great large site with plenty of lawn and a great view. After being stuck in the driveway for over an hour, because of my own stupidity, you can't believe how good that first beer tasted.

The staff was great from checking in, to the store staff to the grounds team. The facilities were very clean and plenty of activities for the kids.

Hi five to John, Norma and the team! We'll be back .... and we'll use the east entrance :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LanternResort, Owner at The Lantern Resort Motel and Campground, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Mike & Ellen:
So glad I had the opportunity to meet both of you. It was good to see that your little "mishap" did not spoil your stay with us. My wife and I get so much enjoyment out of families like yours having a great time at our resort. Hope to see you in the future. John
Sudbury, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at this Motel/camp ground. Flowers are everywhere and you find the cleanest bath room/shower.
Thanks to the property maintenance manager, Neil, he keeps this camp ground spic 'n span. There are 2 pools with hot tubs which are also very clean. Camp ground is not dirt, it is well maintained grass !
Young children can enjoy nice, spacey playground and petting zoo with 3 goats in it. $45 with 2 adults and 2 teenagers with water and electric in this prim location was worth spending.

• Stayed August 2013
I will send this around to all my employees. They do work very hard all summer long and really appreciate when they are recognized by our guests for doing such a great job. It is a "Team Effort" of the whole staff to keep the property in tip top condition. Thanks again and hope to see you real soon. John
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The only thing that i was disappointed with was they never turned on the heater for the pools on so the water was cold, so we didnt swim which was a disappointment and the hot tub is very small and the kids were always in it so i couldnt use it. But everything else was perfect!! Clean, plenty of towels, little general store was nice. I stayed in the hotel part rooms are spacious and clean. I would come back again!

• Stayed August 2013
Hi CIndy:
Sorry about the pool temperature. We have been manually regulating the temperature this season as we have had issues with the heaters being tampered with. The weather has been unusually colder the past couple of days and even colder at night. It is our goal to keep the pool temperatures in the area of 80 degrees. On your next visit please let us know if there is anything that we might be able to improve on. We are always open to constructive suggestions. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you in the future. John
Millbury, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our family loves the Lantern! It has nice, clean rooms, friendly staff and a great location. There are 2 pools, family activities and a playground for the kids. We especially like the grills available to motel guests. It makes dinner easier for traveling families. My children appreciated the creativity of the housekeeping staff with their stuffed animals!

Room Tip: We like being on the second floor!