“Nice AND Clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Evergreen Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jefferson
Evergreen Motel
You added Evergreen Motel to your Saves list
537 Presidential Hwy, Jefferson, NH 03583   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Jefferson
Curryville, NB
“Nice AND Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed here last weekend (the 8th) on our way through Jefferson. The couple that own the place are SO nice and friendly :) The pool is really nice but that night it was freezing! I did get in with my son until the lightening lol. The room was comfortable, quiet, and VERY clean. I can't wait to stay here again next year when we bring our son to Santa's Village!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
familyfun37, Owner at Evergreen Motel, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
We keep saying it over and over, but we sincerely really do appreciate and thank you for taking the time to post a review of our motel. The swimming pool is my favorite job. I never had a swimming pool so I took the course at the board of health to be certified and it really helped me keep it crystal clear. After labor day, the sun sets earlier, and the temps at night can cool down, We look forward to seeing you and your family again, come up earlier in the season and enjoy our pool.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We decided to go to Santa's Village at last minute and was going to stay at another place but it was all booked up, and luckily this place had vacancy. On the phone, the owner was very nice.
The place is literally right across the Santa's Village where it is easier to just walk there. We bought the ticket there and even though it is notation discounted price, the owner was nice to let us know that we can go there until closing then return the next day with the same ticket which I did not know about. The room is simple, but clean. There were four of us, me And my husband, my 3 year old daughter, and 2 month old baby. Still enough room after setting up pack and play that we brought. We stayed in a queen bedroom. I liked the small refrigerator that they had. Had flat screen tv with DVD player and vcr player. My daughter went to the office about 10 times to get different movies that they let you barrow for free. We swam oneday, but it is not heated, and it is just too cold to swim after getting back at 5 pm when you are up in the mountains. There is a free miniature golf that my husband and daughter played, small playground also. The breakfast in the morning is exactly what they described on their website, coffee, and muffins, and bagels, nothing fancy.
We enjoyed our stay with our kids. Definitely would stay there again when we take our kids to Santa'Village again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We're glad you liked your stay at our motel. We were lucky that you stood with us, because you took the time to review us. When we bought the motel it only had 6 satilite stations and when it rained there was none, so we bought lots of movies, 700+ . Now we've go 70 plus cable stations to watch and if there's nothing that you like your welcome to just pick out a movie or two or three. Again thank you for taking the time and we look forward to seeing your family again.
Fairlee, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed here in August with My daughter and her 4 children. I was told when I made the reservation that I would have to have 2 rooms because of the number of people. We were given adjoining rooms close to the pool and it worked out great. We girls had one room and the boys the other. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was great, we played mini-golf, the kids loved the pool. We walked to Santa's Village, came back to the room for lunch and to get our bathing suits, and returned to Santa's village for the rest of the day. Talk about convenient! I have to say this was one of the best vacations I have taken, and would reccomend it to anyone with kids. (Or grandkids)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review of our motel. We can't say enough how much we appreciate it. We've had thousands of families that have stayed with us and only a very small percentage will take the time to review our efforts. Sorry for the delay on our response, been playing catch up cutting and splitting our wood for the winter. That was quite a compliment on best vacations ever. We realy try hard to accomplish that goal ever day for all of our guests that stay with us. Lot's of families do the same thing that you do. They will take a break and walk back to their room for lunch and go back to the park afterwards. So again thank you for taking the time, it is very much appreciated.
troy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Rude, obnoxious owners. Asked to refund our money before we even stayed. Don't deserve anyone's business! Owner asked us to come out for a head count. Is this the military or a motel.If you have three children, you are not allowed to stay in a double room with your six month old in a pack and play. And they advertise as being "family oriented."

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
familyfun37, Owner at Evergreen Motel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
As always, we appreciate the time people take to post a review. This however is not a review but a comment from someone who never stood here. Read the post...Asked to leave before we stood there. Why would we ask someone to leave before they stood here and give them their money back. Were in the business of renting rooms not leaving them empty. You see what this person is not telling you is they had read a previous review that we adhear to the state fire code on the amount of people we can rent a room too. So they had 1 person register their room and 2 car loads of people showed up once they got their key. We didn't make them leave. If the information was correct at the time this person registered they could have stayed here. They still could have stayed here if the extra people stood somewhere else, but they didn't want too.
You see they were going to have the adults sleep in the two beds and the kids on the floor, we call that camping. We gave them the fire chief of our town's number, but they didn't care. They just didn't want to pay. We get many families that have 3 children that stay in our motel. If they are little kids that can fit in a bed ,have a pack n play or use a cot, then we comply with the law. We had guests that stood in our motel this past weekend that read this comment without our response and were very appreciative of the fact that we follow our state law and wouldn't put a large amount of people in an adjacent room to theirs. Read all of our reviews from people that actually stayed here. Every morning when people check out they tell us on how much they enjoyed their stay and that we will see them next year. This comment only verifies that we would rather have an empty room then break our state firecode and subject an adjacent room.
Bayport, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I booked this motel at the last minute (after reading reviews on Trip Advisor) and was lucky to get in (because of a last minute cancellation). What a nice surprise. The owner was very friendly from the moment I made the reservation to when we were leaving. The rooms were very clean - even the bathroom! The only issue we had were the black flies which we were told are common in August. A fly swatter is provided in each room. (Trust me it is a minimal problem that was quickly taken care of) There were lots of movies for the kids to rent, a clean pool, a small swingset and even mini golf. Best part though it was right across from Santa's Village. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
familyfun37, Owner at Evergreen Motel, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
It is very nice of you to let us know how you liked your stay. You were not lucky to stay here, we were. We get a few thousand families every year that stay at our motel and you took the time to post a review. That makes us the lucky ones. :0) We look forward to seeing you again, and thank you for taking the time, it was very much appreciated !!!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

First off, I must say, that the value of this property is out of this world. I was shocked at the quality of the room for under $100. We stayed in July, it was my parents in one room and my wife and I and our 2 kids in the adjoining room.

First impression: Very clean, basic but spacious rooms. I do mean clean. It's very apparent that there is some serious pride in ownership here.

Location: It is directly across the street from Santas Village, 100% walkable, it is the only property that is, everywhere else you will need a car.

Beds: Comfortable, mattress cover a little plasticky. Linens and authentic New England quilts were excellent.

In room amenities: Air conditioner worked good, our bathroom and vanity area were separate. The hot water was dicey from time to time, however it should be noted that we never fully ran out of hot water, but it did get a bit lukewarm. The property was full during our stay, so I'm sure this impacted the availability of hot water. Great new TV's with endless channels with DVD/VCR and what seemed to be about 300-400 movies available for sign out (a real plus for the kids). In room had a small fridge, table, 3 chairs, luggage stand and desk combo. A binder is provided with area eateries and information. Wi-fi was strong and reliable. Upgraded windows and excellent door seals completely blocked out the highway noise.

Breakfast. Good coffee,juices, bagels, pastries, muffins, bread and various spreads. More than adequate to keep your family going through the morning at Santas Village.

Pool: Extremely clean, area is fenced, pool towels are available from the front desk. Pool was on the colder side.

Mini-golf: What a blast and a fun surprise. Our kids are early risers... breakfast was done, and kids were dressed and ready to go by 8:00am. What to do? Go ask for some clubs and off you go. Now I get that 8:00 am mini-golf is not for everyone, but we did it and what a great way to start off the day while distracting kids from the elapsing minutes till the part opened. We all found it funny to be playing golf while it was 30 above at 8:00am while Christmas music played!

Play structure: A little worn, typical swing/slide/playhouse structure. Covered picnic table area adjacent.

Owners: ALWAYS there for recommendations, asking how your day is going and if you're comfortable.

Overall: What a great stay. Families will appreciate this property and all that it offers, especially the great price. Multi-generation travelers will enjoy the proximity to the park (Grampa was able to walk back to the room for a mid-day nap). Your kids will love the many amenities. Trust me when I tell you that you need to stay at this property. You will not be disappointed. Also, you're gonna feel good knowing that you're supporting a local New Hampshire family rather than putting your money in the pockets of a hotel chain. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Evergreen Motel as your place to stay when visiting Santa's Village. Your first impression was absolutely correct. We take tremendous pride at doing our best every day to make everyone's stay as pleasureable as possible. We clean our rooms as if our parents were going to be staying in them. The pool is our favorite job. Took the course at the board of health to be certified. You can see a penny on the bottom of the deep end. We double protect our beds. We get a lot of little kids that sleep in them. We put the mini golf directly across from the main entrance to the park so the children could hear the music while they played. So again, thank you for such a lenthy review and we do look forward to seeing your family again.
Lincoln, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My 5 year old son and I stayed here during a recent trip to Santa's Village and Six Gun City. Our room (19) was spotless and very comfortable. The owners are friendly, helpful and were always available. The motel has a mini golf course that my son loved to the point of asking if we could leave a theme park to go play golf! They offer a continental breakfast and there is a mini fridge in the room which was very convenient since we made our own lunches to bring to the parks. This is definitely a motel I would visit again and recommend to family and friends!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Were glad you liked our motel and enjoyed your stay. You had a great view of the HoHo H20 right across from your room. That mini golf course we put in 2 1/2 years ago was designed by a company that is 3 generations. We picked holes that were both fun for the children and challenging for the adults. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to seeing you's again.

Been to Evergreen Motel? Share your experiences!