My boyfriend and I stayed at the Eagle Mountain House over July 4th weekend. We were looking for a place close to Mt. Washington. I was a little concerned when I drove up and saw the pealing paint on the side of the hotel, but room was clean, furniture well kept up and beds comfortable. The staff was also very accommodating.
Of note the walls are paper thin. There wasn't much noise on our floor, but we were up early one morning and as we were coming down the floor we could hear a young child fusing from one of the rooms down the hall. I am sure the people in the adjoining rooms could hear it if we could hear it out in the hall.
Also the golf course left a lot to be desired. My boyfriend is an avid golfer so we went out upon our arrival on Friday and he was very disappointed. In his words "it was a dog track." Even I could see it was in pour condition and I have only been out on a few courses. However there were a bunch of people out playing on Saturday when we came back from our hike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional New England lodging in the heart of the White Mountains since 1879. This Historic Hotel of America, listed on the National Trust for Historic Preservation, was restored as a historic country inn in 1986. Affordable, family friendly and uncrowded. An all-season destination surrounded by the nearly 800,000 acre White Mountain National Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eagle Mountain House And Golf Club
- Eagle Mountain House & Golf Club Hotel Jackson
- Eagle Mountain Hotel
- Eagle Mountain Resort
- Eagle Mountain Jackson