“Pure bliss!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa

You added The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa to your Saves list
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   40 Thorn Hill Road, P.O. Box 800, Jackson, NH 03846   |
Announcement
# 1 Couple retreat in NH
Ranked #2 of 17 Jackson B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Portland, Maine
“Pure bliss!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This Thanksgiving my sisters and their husbands and my husband and I decided to go away for Thanksgiving. We chose The Inn at Thorn Hill because my husband and I had gone once before and loved it. After We made reservations we learned there were new owners. I have to admit, we were a bit nervous, realizing the new owners had big shoes to fill! The moment we walked in we knew we were in for a wonderful holiday. The rooms and decor are all stunning, the food spectacular and the staff phenomenal! Klaus, the new owner has filled these shoes completely! The six of us will definitely be back again - highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jacksoninnkeeper, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear jadsielou

Reading your comments makes an Owner proud. It truly is Klaus and all of our Team members who deserve all the Credit for your experience and all the improvements we implemnted as new Owners.
We all come from a Luxury service driven background and our Goal is that we bring all this experience to the Inn and keep upgrading not only the product but also the services.
Thank you very much for recognizing the new Ownership our Hotel manager Klaus and the entire team.
We are looking forward to meet you next time in person.

Happy Holidays
The Inn at Thorn Hill and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

After getting married, my wife and I got out of Boston for a couple of days and came to The Inn at Thorn Hill. We stayed at the Forest View cottage, which was very nice. The food was good in the restaurant. We had one dinner and two breakfasts. We also had a very nice spa treatment. My only complaint was that apart from breakfast and dinner, it was very hard to have snacks or get lunch at the Inn. Highly recommended!

Dear benjaminjaques

Congratulations on just getting married and choosing our Inn as a get away.
We are happy you enjoyed the Restaurant and our Spa. We definitly will take your recommendation under consideration in regards to making some snacks and food available between the hours of Breakfast and Dinner.
It is comments like yours that make us take a good look to improve our services for our guests needs.
Lincoln, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We have been coming to the Inn for the past ten years and this was our first stay under the new management . I can't say enough great things about the new management, especially Klaus. He was always available.

We only had dinner one night at the Inn. While my dinner was a fish special, it wasn't all that good but my fiancées meal was great. Staff were very responsive to replacing my my meal and while I declined another meal, Klaus offered us a bottle of wine, which we took a "rain check" on because we ended up leaving a day early due to bad weather. Which was hard to do because we love the Presidential Suite.

The new mattresses are great!

Wishing the new owners and staff many years of continued success! We are looking forward to another stay soon.

Dear cam67

Thank you very much for your honest review in regards to the new management. Klaus our Hotel Manager and his team are committed to make every guest experience a memorable one.
My apologies about the Fish special I am happy to hear that we offered you a replacement and I truly hope to see you soon for us to make good, and for you to claim the " rain check".
I am also very happy to hear that you like our new mattresses and we also just installed for all of our guest rooms free wifi as we are trying to constantly upgrade to give couples like yourself all the Luxury in a Country setting.
Elmsford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My wife and I traveled with another couple for a weekend stay. The drive was over six hours for us but we all agreed it was well worth it. The Inn is beautiful and modern which was rebuilt after a fire in 2004. It has all the charm and quaintness that you would expect from a Bed and Breakfast and then some. The rooms rival a luxury hotel. They are very spacious with a King size bed, large bathroom, fireplace and a jacuzzi for two. The restaurant had a great menu and the food was delicious. The adjoining lounge is very large and has comfortable sofas and over sized chairs. Our first night we relaxed and ate in the lounge which allowed us to get rejuvenated after the drive up. You can order either from the lounge or the restaurant menu while in the lounge so you have a multitude of choices. The wine selection is extensive and they have a few local brews on draft which were excellent for the beer drinkers.
A special note should be made to recognize the staff. They were all so friendly and made you feel so welcome which made our stay that much better. Special recognition goes to Klaus the hotel manager for his warmth and daily greetings complete with weather and road condition reports. No wonder they have won many AAA four Diamond Awards.
The Town of Jackson and surrounding area has all the quaint New England style that you would expect with beautiful mountains and skiing for those who enjoy that winter sport. There seems to be a lot of activities that are available in the warmer weather as well. Sightseeing is my activity and we went on the Mount Washington Cog Railway. It was about a 40 minute drive from the Inn and was a nice little side trip during our stay.

If you ever want to visit a great New England Inn I would highly recommend that you consider The Inn at Thorn Hill. You will be happy you did.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksoninnkeeper, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Kpuccia
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed our luxurious guest rooms and our Lounge and dining room.
As you pointed out our Hotel Manager Klaus is totally committed to give the most memorable experience to all of our guests.
We are very proud of our team members as they are the ones who create the experience for our guests.
The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa
Valhalla, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

What a wonderful experience! We had a lovely time for our weekend getaway at The Inn at Thorn Hill. The room as well as bathroom was quite large and equipped with a fireplace and hot tub. Klaus the hotel manager and all the staff were just so nice and accomadating.Our meals were absolutely delicious! The town of Jackson was very quaint and all the people we dealt with were so genuinely friendly! I give The Inn at Thorn Hill an A++++.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mt. Jefferson room which had a lovely mountian view,however I do believe that most...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksoninnkeeper, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Susan D

Thank you for your kind comments about the Inn and especially about our Staff. We are very proud of our team and the leadership Klaus provides to ensure all of our guests have a great experience.
We hope to see you again in the near future.
Kindest Regards
The Inn at Thorn HIll and Spa
Saugerties, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Everything about our two day "getaway" was made perfect by this establishment. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the hotel manager Klaus, was the best. Taking the time to personally get to know us made our trip pleasant and memorable. The views and the food were incredible as well. We will definately return without a shadow of a doubt. Top notch!!!

Room Tip: The cottages are adorable. Would of liked a coffee pot in the room but that is my ONLY suggestion.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksoninnkeeper, Owner at The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Ann Y

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the Inn and our Staff. In regards to Klaus our Hotel Manager we couldn't agree with you more. Klaus and his team are comitted to get to know everyone of our customers and to give the personal touch to make it a memorable experience.
Kindest Regards

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had heard of this wonderful gem of an Inn and finally booked my stay on Travelzoo. I was beyond thrilled. Everyone I encountered was pleasant and attentive! From the moment I arrived and was welcomed by Klaus and his staff, I felt as if I were a special guest. The Inn was so comfortable and welcoming throughout. My room was fantastic with a remote control fireplace and spacious bathroom with huge Jacuzzi tub. It is rare to find an Country Inn with such a modern, luxurious bathroom. I did learn that the Inn had recently been taken over by new owners and met other guests who had stayed there previously. They said the Inn had been updated with new beds and flat screen TV's which was a pleasant surprise. They also mentioned that the food was even better than before, and my experience at both breakfast and dinner was perfect. The menu is quite large and sophisticated. Everything I ate was delicious. Ask to see the wine cellar....it is tucked away for special events and was an unexpected little find, I plan on returning with friends and recommend Thorn Hill to travelers seeking a high end experience with genuine warmth, great service and comfortable surroundings. I stayed in the Main House this trip but may treat myself to a Cottage next time.

Room Tip: The Gray Manor Room was at the end of hall and quiet with fantastic views from two sides.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Barbara M

Thank you very much for your review and your kind comments about our Inn. We are also happy that you enjoyed our new TV's and the new Bedding. We also just finishing today the installation of high speed internet to all of our buildings from the Main Inn to the Cottages and our Carriage house.
We also would like to mention that we value our Travelzoo Customers very much and comments like yours are very rewarding to our team members.

The Inn at Thorn HIll and Spa

Been to The Inn at Thorn Hill & Spa? Share your experiences!