After reading all the reviews on this site, I was prepared to splurge on the Lodge. Now, I'm sorry we did. $200 per night is way overpriced. (maybe they're gouging for Fall Foliage?) Rooms are spacious, but decor is old, mattresses are sorely in need of replacement and whole building seems musty.
Breakfast consisted of a few homemade desserts and a small tub of yogurt with some toppings. The coffee is a unit that makes one cup at a time. It was the same fare each day we were there. Would have welcomed real oatmeal instead of little instant packets. Nothing was hot and very little was healthy or traditional for breakfast and one reviewer got it right when they said there's no place to sit. One very small room with a fireplace that seats about 6 comfortably and everywhere else one must stand and be in the way.
My biggest complaint however, was the little signs all over the lodge. Although stated nicely enough, one had to believe there were rules about everything!! No personal garbage in this trash can, no more hot chocolate due to spills, don't touch the fireplace or start the fire yourself, please recycle all plastic eating utensils, snacks for breakfast only, don't use white towels for makeup, and my all time favorite, please tip the housekeeping staff in this room-numbered envelope and turn in with your room keys. The sign goes on to explain their staff is largely made up of college kids and single moms who need additional support. My suggestion to the owners is to cut some of the unnecessary costs (custom imprinted shampoo bottles, disposable utensils,etc) and pay them more. At $200 per night, I believe they should be well-compensated by the owners. Besides, how does one know if that money ever gets to them since we are asked to give it to the front desk staff? Clearly, the owners are cutting costs in many ways and thinly veiling it with an excuse to "save the planet".
Nope. We won't be going back to the Lodge at Jackson Village.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge At Jackson Village Hotel
- Lodge At Jackson Village Hotel Jackson
- Hotel Jackson Village
- Village Hotel Jackson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The premiere Jackson lodging establishment for both couples and families! Complimentary continental breakfast, hot tub, pool, tennis, WiFi, stone fireplace, afternoon refreshments, and 2-person Jacuzzis. Walk to fine restaurants, shops, Golf. Minutes from Storyland, 5 downhill/X-C ski centers and White Mt. Attractions. Special Packages Available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Lodge at Jackson Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.