“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Newton, New Hampshire
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I happened upon the restaurant during last year's fall foliage trip and remembered the meal as being very good so we decided to have dinner there again while in the mountains leaf peeping.The "veal dream" was the best veal that I ever had. The tenderness and flavor were exceptional and I was pleasantly surprised with the 2 large pieces. My wife had the eggplant entree and loved it. For dessert we shared the 'warm chocolate espresso' - wow!!!

Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
“Need a child friendly menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Went here for lunch and wasn't happy that my picky 7 yr old had no childrens menu to choose from. The server was very nice and pointed out the $5 grilled cheese sandwich w/chips was a usual choice for kids--could have used some fries though! We were all sick of chips at this point(camping) I had scallops $17 that came with a great salad with a snappy cranberry dressing(toppings served in a muffin tin consisted of coconut, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, chinese noodles etc..) My boyfriend had the best meatloaf of his life(i agreed) served openfaced on bread(with chips again---ehhh!)$14. Not very family friendly, pricey, great service.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rhode Island
“Outstanding local food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Seriously fresh local food. Salads are outstanding. Had the duck breast and mushroom ravioli. We brought our well behaved 3 year old and the waitress was fantastic with her:) Loved it. Would go back tomorrow if I could!

London
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

A busy restaurant popular with the locals
The main restaurant is warm and inviting. The tarpaulin covered porch was cold despite the space heaters.
My food choice of pork rack was delicious but my wife's hake fish dish was unappetisingly bland and small in portion. Its not cheap and thus not exceptional value. Two entrees, two glasses of wine and two desserts came to $100 icluding the 15% gratuity

“Superb cuisine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We went on the recommendation of Bill Petrone, of the Buttonwood Inn, and it was a great choice. The lobster bisque was excellent, as was the shrimp starter. The T.H.E. aubergine dream was heavenly, as was the pork chop special. Everything was fresh, flavorful, and artfully presented. The only disappointment was that the dessert special had vanished even before we arrived! Highly recommended.