“Good food. lousy service and atmosphere” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Jackson
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Good food. lousy service and atmosphere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Herd it was great for kids, not. Food was good. Serving size was great. And that was it. I felt like the waiter was in a rush, it's was a dark
and cold atmosphere. Like driving down a long dark road at three in the am. I was very disappointed.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Holliston, Massachusetts
“Great spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

You may have to wait but it's worth it. The food was very good and our server was very attentive. The food came out quickly. It's a fun, upbeat, lively atmosphere. Glad I went.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Presque Isle, Maine
“Very Good Food, but service could have been better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

My family of four went with another couple through the week. We were seated right next to the fireplace with other families that had kids. Lovely atmosphere and good food. We had the muscles for our appetizer and I had the steak tips for dinner. Everyone in our party enjoyed their food and no one left unsatisfied.
Only problem was the drinks, neither of our friends got what they ordered, and even though they told the waitress she was not willing to return them or get them something else. I was quite surprised.
After that, the waitress avoided our table except to ask about dessert and give us the check. I would probably return here for a meal if I was staying close to Jackson. If not, I would probably pick somewhere else, as there are so many good restaurants to choose from in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

My friend and I are in the Jackson, NH area for a week to ski, and went to the Red Fox the first night we were here. Loved the food, and a very pleasant atmosphere for a lively sports bar. The wood grilled meats are wonderful, and they have some of the best vegetable side dishes. Loved the Brussels sprouts with bacon, the roasted beets, the spinach....all of them.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Farmington, Connecticut
“Crazy, Rowdy, Fun with Fab Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Ok, it is popular, crowded and busy. Call it lively, hopping and thriving! What a fun place to stop apres ski or even later for dinner. I think it is busy at all times! We went there expecting to wait for a table; the little buzzers they give you ensure that you know when your table is available. I ordered grilled salmon, a favorite, and this was among the best salmon I have ever enjoyed. Lots of choices, something for everyone, including kids, great atmosphere, a sports bar with taste. Good selections of beers. We left way too full but smiling.

Visited February 2014