“Relaxing and Cozy Inn for adults ONLY !!!!!! Peace and Quiet !!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Snowflake Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jackson
Snowflake Inn
You added Snowflake Inn to your Saves list
95 Main Street, Jackson, NH 03846   |
Announcement
Spring is here...
Ranked #6 of 17 Jackson B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
maine
“Relaxing and Cozy Inn for adults ONLY !!!!!! Peace and Quiet !!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2005

We just stayed at the Snowflake Inn and it was fantastic ! The innkeeper/owners plus the other attendant were all very nice, helpful and friendly. Yes, there was a brief "introduction" to the rooms and how to use the tubs etc., but how many other places offer to help you out with this? We found the spa to be the best we have even been in and the temp. just right. The owner even asked us if it was ok ! The massive lobby and gorgeous fireplace /sitting area was so open, airy and yet cozy with the warm fire. The rooms are clean and well-kept.Wonderful 2 head Kohler showers. Not cluttered with commercial art etc. Just a bit of countryish touches here and there. Great bath products and chocolates await you when you arrive. Pretty "swan" shaped, fluffy, absorbent towels and robes.Fresh fruit, delicious coffee and pastries in the a.m. Splash is adorable and EXTREMELY well trained. Quiet, peaceful, relaxing stay. Will be back !

• Stayed October 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Marblehead
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2005

Stayed here for 2 nights last week - great inn - although the rooms are a little on the tacky side - w/ the jacuzzi righ in the bedroom - great continental breakfast - nice hosts -would stay here again

• Stayed August 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2005

We spent our 25th Anniversary at Snowflake Inn and we just WOWED! We love the White Mountains and the hospitalty and service we received at SnowFlake made this a trip that will never be forgotten.

We are now working on bringing some friends up for some skiing this winter.

You will find no finer accomodations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

I just finished reading "Hugely Disappointed" and wondered did I stay at the same Inn over Memorial Day Weekend? The Snowflake Inn in Jackson NH where my husband and I stayed was a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!
We were greeted by friendly staff and were given a personal tour of the Inn which I found to be a warm touch to a sometimes grueling formality at other Inns/Hotels that we have stayed at. When we walked into our beautiful suite I was thrilled that it looked just like the room on the Snowflake's web site. Yes, there was a one page sheet by our bedside welcoming us to the Inn and reminding us of the hours for coffee and the continental breakfast as well as the spa pool and billard hours. It also explained how to operate the in room jacuzzi and where to pick up and sign out the complimentary DVDs. The long weekend was fabulous. Everyday we were treated to a little something special including a yellow plastic duck for the Wildquack duck race that Jackson was celebrating that weekend. I travel extensively for business throughout the U.S. and Europe and can honestly say that our stay at the Snowflake Inn was exactly what my husband and I needed. It was relaxing, quiet, romantic and the friendly staff tended to our every need. Our package which included a romantic dinner one evening and massages in our suite only added to our wonderful experience. The Snowflake Inn has captured the elegance of a small luxury hotel as well as the intimacy of a romantic friendly Inn. We will make this Inn a frequent getaway.

• Stayed May 2005
Southlake, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2005

I cannot recall being more disappointed with any establishment as I was with the Snowflake Inn. My wife and I spent a three-night stay over a holiday weekend in one of the king "suites" at the "inn", booking a package that supposedly came with various add-on's like dinner, breakfast, wine and cheese, massages, etc. At $700 for the three nights, I had high, yet reasonable, expectations.

First of all, the Snowflake is not an inn, in the traditional sense. It is a large, modern and somewhat overbearing building in the middle of Jackson. It is undoubted well equipped and it's obvious that a lot of money was spent on the facility, but a warm, cozy, traditional inn, it is not. The building itself is very open and airy, lots of light in the common area with typical country-themed decorations. There is a shocking absence of artwork, which makes many of the walls look sparse and cold, especially when some of these walls scale two stories. But I digress....

On arrival, we were greeted by the "Inn"keeper. Undoubtedly, this was the most overbearing innkeeper I have ever met. I have never been made to feel so uncomfortable and 'small' by any hotelier, innkeeper or host, anytime, anywhere. The lady in question spent some 20 minutes guiding us around the "inn" and detailing to us (with stern looks over the rim of her glasses) the rules of the house. No pool before noon. No pool after ten. No smoking in or around the property. Park your car in the unpaved, back lot. Don't take your glasses here, there, wherever. Use this door, not that.... And so it went on. For 20 minutes.

I entirely understand and appreciate the need for rules and appreciate that they are there for the general comfort of the guests. All hostelries have rules, be they $40 B&B's, or $600 a night boutique hotels. And that's just fine by me. What bothers me is when I am lectured about the rules for an extended period of time, for no apparent reason, and then escorted to my room where - guess what! - the rules are left out for me on the bedside table in printed form! Enough!!!! My wife and I are two of the quietest people you will ever meet. We are both courteous, friendly and well-mannered. We are both in our thirties, so we're not party-hardy kiddies. We are both experienced world travelers and are fortunate to have stayed at some of the best hotels and inns in the world. We arrived well dressed, relaxed and in good spirits. We do not know what we may have done to raise that hackles of this lady, or even if we did raise her hackles! She may simply be of this unfriendly disposition.

Unfortunately for me, that introduction set the tone for the weekend. I never fully relaxed, knowing that the "Inn"keeper was around, watching every move by every guest. It just wasn't the relaxing experience my wife and I had hoped for. Coupled with that, only some of the included elements of the package materialized. Not a big deal, but disappointing nonetheless. The highpoints of the stay were definitely the in-room massage and dinner at the Wildcat Tavern. The rooms were okay (not what one would typically call suites, as the sitting area is essentially dead space right inside the door). The website makes this place look a lot more homey and warm than it truly is.

All-in-all, I have no intention of ever setting foot in this establishment again. A warmer, kinder New England welcome can be had in many other Jackson establishments (and usually for less money!)

• Stayed May 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2005

Just returned from a wet weekend in Jackson at the Snowflake Inn. Although the weather did not cooperate the accomodations were right on ther money. Very nice spot in the center of Jackson. As promised by the website the Snowflake is built for romance withthe fireplaces and the jacuzzi tubs in each room an especially nice touch. The common area of the Inn were very nicely done. Breakfast was acceptable but certainly not memorable, but for those wanting more than a coffe and a muffin, Yesterday's across the street serves the best breakfast in the Mt Washington Valley. I would recommmend the Snowflake to any couple looking to spend some quality time away from the kids.

• Stayed April 2005
warwick, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2005

This place is non smoking. Smoking is not allowed which I loved. The staff is wonderful and the rooms were done beautifully. Inn keepers were very attentive to any needs. Cross between hotel/inn, central air, fireplaces, every room kingsize bed and hot tub. CLEAN and NEAT. No children allowed. Upscale for adults and non smoking a plus! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO STAY FOR ADULTS-MEALS, COZY, MASSAGE, VIEW, FRIENDLY PLACE.

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Snowflake Inn? Share your experiences!