“Awesome Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Snowflake Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jackson
Snowflake Inn
You added Snowflake Inn to your Saves list
95 Main Street, Jackson, NH 03846   |
Ranked #6 of 17 Jackson B&B and Inns
“Awesome Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2005

We spent our 25th Anniversary at Snowflake Inn and we just WOWED! We love the White Mountains and the hospitalty and service we received at SnowFlake made this a trip that will never be forgotten.

We are now working on bringing some friends up for some skiing this winter.

You will find no finer accomodations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

I just finished reading "Hugely Disappointed" and wondered did I stay at the same Inn over Memorial Day Weekend? The Snowflake Inn in Jackson NH where my husband and I stayed was a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!
We were greeted by friendly staff and were given a personal tour of the Inn which I found to be a warm touch to a sometimes grueling formality at other Inns/Hotels that we have stayed at. When we walked into our beautiful suite I was thrilled that it looked just like the room on the Snowflake's web site. Yes, there was a one page sheet by our bedside welcoming us to the Inn and reminding us of the hours for coffee and the continental breakfast as well as the spa pool and billard hours. It also explained how to operate the in room jacuzzi and where to pick up and sign out the complimentary DVDs. The long weekend was fabulous. Everyday we were treated to a little something special including a yellow plastic duck for the Wildquack duck race that Jackson was celebrating that weekend. I travel extensively for business throughout the U.S. and Europe and can honestly say that our stay at the Snowflake Inn was exactly what my husband and I needed. It was relaxing, quiet, romantic and the friendly staff tended to our every need. Our package which included a romantic dinner one evening and massages in our suite only added to our wonderful experience. The Snowflake Inn has captured the elegance of a small luxury hotel as well as the intimacy of a romantic friendly Inn. We will make this Inn a frequent getaway.

• Stayed May 2005
Southlake, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2005

I cannot recall being more disappointed with any establishment as I was with the Snowflake Inn. My wife and I spent a three-night stay over a holiday weekend in one of the king "suites" at the "inn", booking a package that supposedly came with various add-on's like dinner, breakfast, wine and cheese, massages, etc. At $700 for the three nights, I had high, yet reasonable, expectations.

First of all, the Snowflake is not an inn, in the traditional sense. It is a large, modern and somewhat overbearing building in the middle of Jackson. It is undoubted well equipped and it's obvious that a lot of money was spent on the facility, but a warm, cozy, traditional inn, it is not. The building itself is very open and airy, lots of light in the common area with typical country-themed decorations. There is a shocking absence of artwork, which makes many of the walls look sparse and cold, especially when some of these walls scale two stories. But I digress....

On arrival, we were greeted by the "Inn"keeper. Undoubtedly, this was the most overbearing innkeeper I have ever met. I have never been made to feel so uncomfortable and 'small' by any hotelier, innkeeper or host, anytime, anywhere. The lady in question spent some 20 minutes guiding us around the "inn" and detailing to us (with stern looks over the rim of her glasses) the rules of the house. No pool before noon. No pool after ten. No smoking in or around the property. Park your car in the unpaved, back lot. Don't take your glasses here, there, wherever. Use this door, not that.... And so it went on. For 20 minutes.

I entirely understand and appreciate the need for rules and appreciate that they are there for the general comfort of the guests. All hostelries have rules, be they $40 B&B's, or $600 a night boutique hotels. And that's just fine by me. What bothers me is when I am lectured about the rules for an extended period of time, for no apparent reason, and then escorted to my room where - guess what! - the rules are left out for me on the bedside table in printed form! Enough!!!! My wife and I are two of the quietest people you will ever meet. We are both courteous, friendly and well-mannered. We are both in our thirties, so we're not party-hardy kiddies. We are both experienced world travelers and are fortunate to have stayed at some of the best hotels and inns in the world. We arrived well dressed, relaxed and in good spirits. We do not know what we may have done to raise that hackles of this lady, or even if we did raise her hackles! She may simply be of this unfriendly disposition.

Unfortunately for me, that introduction set the tone for the weekend. I never fully relaxed, knowing that the "Inn"keeper was around, watching every move by every guest. It just wasn't the relaxing experience my wife and I had hoped for. Coupled with that, only some of the included elements of the package materialized. Not a big deal, but disappointing nonetheless. The highpoints of the stay were definitely the in-room massage and dinner at the Wildcat Tavern. The rooms were okay (not what one would typically call suites, as the sitting area is essentially dead space right inside the door). The website makes this place look a lot more homey and warm than it truly is.

All-in-all, I have no intention of ever setting foot in this establishment again. A warmer, kinder New England welcome can be had in many other Jackson establishments (and usually for less money!)

• Stayed May 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2005

Just returned from a wet weekend in Jackson at the Snowflake Inn. Although the weather did not cooperate the accomodations were right on ther money. Very nice spot in the center of Jackson. As promised by the website the Snowflake is built for romance withthe fireplaces and the jacuzzi tubs in each room an especially nice touch. The common area of the Inn were very nicely done. Breakfast was acceptable but certainly not memorable, but for those wanting more than a coffe and a muffin, Yesterday's across the street serves the best breakfast in the Mt Washington Valley. I would recommmend the Snowflake to any couple looking to spend some quality time away from the kids.

• Stayed April 2005
warwick, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2005

This place is non smoking. Smoking is not allowed which I loved. The staff is wonderful and the rooms were done beautifully. Inn keepers were very attentive to any needs. Cross between hotel/inn, central air, fireplaces, every room kingsize bed and hot tub. CLEAN and NEAT. No children allowed. Upscale for adults and non smoking a plus! THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE TO STAY FOR ADULTS-MEALS, COZY, MASSAGE, VIEW, FRIENDLY PLACE.

• Stayed January 2005
RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2004

I would have to say our stay was very good. We spent two nights for our anniversary in Deceber. I do feel sad to see ANY new building go up in Jackson. I do hope this will be the last. I have been coming up to NH all my life and hate to see the growth in comercialism that has happened in North Conway area. Even Bellini's has gone toward the corprate theme!! Anyhow...back to the Snowflake Inn. We thought the Inn was very nice. It was more like a Hotel than an Inn though. It is like both really. The family running it is was very nice. It was a slow time of year and they seeemed a bit slow to get the fire started and the breakfast goods out but, we were okay with it. I do feel that guests should be treated as just that...guests...and that what we pay for is what we should get just as is advertised and is promised. It all ended up working out very nicely and we enjoyed the tantum massage and the dinner at Wildcat Inn and Tavern. The goodies were great and so was the fruit and coffee!! The spa pool was fantastic!! Like a huge jaccuzzi!!! Loved it. We hope to return again for more peacful relaxation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2004

I just returned from an incredible pre-Christmas getaway at the Snowflake Inn. We have stayed in many New England inns and this is by far our favorite. The snow, the magnificent Christmas tree in the great room, the roaring fire in the fireplace, Splash playing ball in the back yard by the river - it was a winter wonderland. We had massages and another incredible dinner at the Wildcat Tavern. We met several other guests in the game room and my boyfriend played pool while I chatted and sampled the wine and cheese with others. For anyone who is thinking about staying at the Snowflake Inn - it is fantastic. The staff give you a tour of the inn when you arrive and show you how to work the jacuzzi and other amenities in your room. The massages are in your room with a fire in your fireplace and music from the hundreds of digital music stations on the tv. We feel pampered and relaxed and can't wait to schedule our next weekend.

Been to Snowflake Inn? Share your experiences!