“Most Romantic Weekend EVER!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Snowflake Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jackson
Snowflake Inn
You added Snowflake Inn to your Saves list
95 Main Street, Jackson, NH 03846   |
Offers & Announcements
3rd Night FREE All Summer
Ranked #6 of 17 Jackson B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Hampshire
“Most Romantic Weekend EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2009

From the moment we called to make our reservation, to the rose petals, champaign & candles, the couples massage in the room, the owners & staff at The Snowflake Inn were terrific!! They were always accessable and happy to make local recomendations (which were always better than expected!) My boyfriend proposed Friday night when we arrived and everyone there made us feel like family as the rejoiced in the happy news with us all weekend long! The website offers great specials and gift certificates. The folks at The Snowflake Inn made what would already have been a romantic weekend PERFECT! My Fiance' and I will go back again and again!

• Liked — The romantic comfortable feel.
  • Disliked — Cant think of a single thing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at this Inn. While, overall, we enjoyed our stay we did find some peculiarities with it.

Our room was on the second floor (which was fortuitious having read about some rooms on the ground floor with noise issues) and although comfortable we thought the layout was strange. Termed as a suite, the suite element was immediately inside the door in a windowless alcove and consisted of a couch, a chair, a lamp and a couple of small tables. It was completely without atmosphere, dark and not somewhere either of us would want to sit and read. The actual bedroom was overtaken by the tub and jacuzzi (rather tacky I thought). So, we ended up moving the chair next to the fireplace and my husband put some cushions onto the window seat to make a reading area. Otherwise, the only place to either read or watch the TV, and have some light and a view, was the bed. The closet was small without a door. The other oddity was the arrangement for breakfast. This was held in the Great room on the ground floor but there were no tables and chairs on which to eat. Having chosen your breakfast items you sat on one of the couches and put your food onto the low coffee table. The food items were set out on several tables around the room, and consisted of fruit, some very odd granola (to which you added yoghurt) a few pastries and coffee. It seemed very thrown together. After eating you were expected to put the dishes in the kitchen area. My overall impression was that this establishment was originally going to be timeshare apartments but not having gained planning permission for that they converted to hotel accommodation. It just failed on the details. My husband did enjoy the firepit and the marshmallows they put out in the evening. Although we were there for two nights we did not get appetizers in the evening. Maybe this was because we were there in the week. I did not find the staff very friendly either - on several occasions we walked passed the registration and the staff continued to either talk to one another or carried on their personal phonecalls. There was no acknowledgment of guests. It IS a pretty building though and it is in the centre of the village.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2008

One of the best stays I've had anywhere. Cannot wait to go back. This Inn is very nice. It's fairly new and the decor is tastefully decorated. The fresh homemade continental breakfast was wonderful. Just enough to fill you up before you head out for a day of shopping or other activities etc...The blueberry scones are to die for and I don't usually like scones. The amenities are fantastic. There is a little kitchenette were you can borrow a corkscrew, wine glasses, etc. There was Saturday afternoon wine & cheese for all the guests to hang out and chat. The service is so friendly and make you feel like you're at home. I'd recommend a room on the 2nd floor though. You can hear people above you on first floor and it was pretty loud footsteps or tub running. We liked the indoor giant spa with the jets. No one was using it when we were there so we had it to ourselves. We brought a couple plastic cups of wine in with us and relaxed amid the bubbles.
The outdoor fireplace is great and they even put out a basket of marshmellows. Although adding some graham crackers and chocolate would be nice for smores! I think we'll bring next time with us. We did one of their packages so it included dinner at a restaurant of our choice (our tab would have been almost $100 but it was alread paid for) and you also get a 30 minute couples massage in your suite. We upgraded for an extra $80 to the 1 hour massage. Well worth it, amazing how fast an hour goes by.
Oh and the best thing about this Inn, no kids under 14 are allowed! So if you want a weekend away from the kids and don't want to have to deal with other people's noisy kids, this place is for you!
The area around the Inn is spectacular too. Mount Washington is about 15 minutes away. Very scenic ride up to the auto road.
I highly recommend this Inn!

• Liked — decor and the breakfast! lovely rooms and inn.
  • Disliked — noise from 2nd floor but it was tolerable for us, others may not like it at night
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Warwick, RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

A wonderful place with great accommodations. Jacuzzi tubs in the rooms are really nice. Continental breakfast is very nicely done. Our hosts Gary & Sue were warm, friendly and VERY hospitable. This was our second visit and we're looking forward to going again next year!

• Liked — Quiet and relaxing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Abington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2008

Excellent location...Jackson is a gourgeous town with lots to offer. There is plenty to do. We especially enjoyed Nestlenook which is within walking distance. Great for a romantic weekend...offers outdoor skating, snowshoing and sleigh ride. The Ellis River is right next to the property and is absolutely breathtaking during the winter. The restaurants in the area are fabulous....great food, great service.

The Inn is clean and has a lot to offer. The bed was extremely comfortable, the gas fireplace a nice touch and a hot tub next to your bed was awesome. We thoroughly enjoy this when we go away. You can actually relax in the hot tub, have a glass of wine, see the fireplace and put on music (.romantic...romantic...romantic!).

The room we stayed at was not in the best location. The sitting room is a waste. It was situated right when you walk in the door and has a couch and a few tables. The only reason you would sit there is if you are mad at your better half (lol)...otherwise it has no use at all...not sure why they built the rooms like that.

The really bad feature that I get annoyed at when I stay at hotels is the noise level. Generally, the hotel is quiet...no kids...no slamming of doors, etc. But we stayed on the first floor. You could actually hear the people above us walking around and turning on their hot tub, etc. I kept waking up at night when the furnace turned on. I guess we were right above the furnace. We could also hear people entering the back door and walking up the stairs (ugh!). Make sure you ask for a room on the second floor and not near any of the entyways.

The Innkeepers try really hard to make your stay comfortable. They are friendly and go out of their way to make reservations for you and make sure you have your massage set up, etc.

The cost of the Inn is a little expensive for what you get but you do expect that when you stay at an Inn near North Conway, NH.

I travel a lot and have stayed at numerous hotels. I really thought the Inn could have offered a better selection for breakfast in the morning. A few pastries, some instant oatmeal and assorted juices. They should add some other things that even the bigger hotel chains have to offer (like a toaster with bagels, toast, and the real oatmeal, assorted cereals, etc.). I do not like big breakfast out but I do enjoy a good breakfast bar with a large selection. I missed by real Oatmeal with assorted toppings!

We did use the Spa. It was fabulous! However, they should get rid of that annoying window that is in the lobby and across from the reception desk. We made sure we used the spa late so that no one could look at us when they were checking in.

I was dissappointed there was no exercise room. This does not have to be big. But I really enjoy using the treadmill and other equipment in the morning when we go away, especially where we are not skiiers and the like. It helps us keep up with our excercise program.

Overall, our stay was lovely and I would recommend it to a friend...and I would return. I just thought it is helpful to put in a few suggestions to the Innkeepers...if they wish to hear it.

Remember...ask for that room on the second floor and away from the entryways.

• Liked — Cleanliness..no kids!
  • Disliked — Room location! Breakfast food!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

This is the second time we visited The Snowflake Inn. We found the rooms to be spacious, very comfortable bed and great linens. We have stayed at other local inns and none have lived up to the Snowflake. The Inn keepers are great and do their best to be as helpful as possible. They make your dinner reservations and will help with any other local activites you want to book. The spa, hot tub, area is great! Other complained of feeling like being in a fish bowl...that is rediculous!! Unless the inn keepers are standing on a ladder..they cannot see you. The breakfasts are coffee and pastries.......but they are great and homemade...delicious! We travel alot and my expectaions are very high...and this place is wonderful. I can't wait to return!!

Christina......RI

Stayed January 2008
Derry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2008

My wife and I spent our first anniversary, and New Year's weekend at the Inn at the change of 2006 to 2007. The accommodations were great and we felt part of the family. The lobby was gorgeous, still decorated with a HUGE Christmas tree and beautiful decorations! The weekend was highlighted by our dinner (part of the package), and our in-room massages. We celebrated our Anniversary with our dinner and New Year's Eve with a private champagne sleigh ride at nearby Nestlenook Farm.

The innkeepers were friendly, even using their camera to take pictures
of us on our anniversary when our camera batteries died (and remembering to e-mail them to us after we returned.)

We are expecting our first child this July and hope to make another trip to the Snowflake Inn sometime in the late Spring to relax before the arrival of our baby!

• Liked — Location and atmosphere (quiet)
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Snowflake Inn? Share your experiences!