“Exciting ride with spectacular views” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 14 things to do in Jackson
Activities: Skiing, Viewing foliage
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular ski area in the northernmost reaches of New Hampshire.
Kittery, Maine
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Exciting ride with spectacular views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I was dying to try a zip line but was hesitant because of my fear of heights. I feel like I conquered them, when a friend talked me into taking the leap. The part that bothered me most was the chairlift that takes you to the take off platform. When I was younger, I was stuck on a chairlift for an hour. I think that was the reason for my fear. But it went off without a hitch. When you get to the take off point for the zip line, there are two lines, side by side, so I was able to go down next to my companion. They make sure the safety harness is secured and off you go, traveling down the mountain at about 45 miles an hour and 75 feet off the ground. You are slowed to a stop by a long springs at the base station off the parking lot. It was a blast!

Visited September 2012

Fresh Meadows, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A beautiful kitty with a personality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This mountain is not for first-time skiers. But, those who can brave it will surely enjoy the views and the long trails (by East Coast standard). We were there in late March and the skiing was still terrific. The summit views are breathtaking and there is even a raised viewing platform that you can climb up to. The winds are pretty strong, so don't forget to bundle up.

Halifax, Massachusetts
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“We will come back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I took my two sons to Wildcat on a sunny March weekend. In what has been a terrific year, we came up the weekend after a rainy spell and cold snap. All things considered, Wildcat recovered well. There were plenty of icy spots on the mountain, but the groomers were in good shape. Due to a lack of open terrain, some spots did get skied off and the impact was felt on the non-groomed terrain, especially the places that had a lot of skier traffic. Visibility wasn't so good on the next day and being St. Patricks Day, the crowds started to pack in so we headed off. All staff from the first employee we met through every lift attendant and the cafeteria workers were terrific. There is a very nice vibe in the base area and the lodge is a good one with plenty of windows facing the mountain. We will definitely be back.

Nashua, New Hampshire
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“good challenge! Not for a beginner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Fabulous spring skiing! Highly recommend it! Friendly personnel, good grooming, expert slopes and advanced intermediate.

Saint John, New Brunswick
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Wildcat ... purrrrrfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our 2nd time to Wildcat proved to be as awesome as our 1st time. We recently skied 2 days there (we were staying at the Attitash Grand Summit and our lift tickets were good for both Attitash/Bear Peak & Wildcat). Because of the elevation, the snow at Wildcat is better (IMHO). Luv luv luv the highspeed quad to the summit. Our 1st day was cloudy so getting down the top 1/4 of the hill was a challenge, visibility was much better the 2nd day, but you can't fault the hill or Management for clouds.

We brought our own lunch, and was very thankful. I thought the cafeteria prices were way over-priced ... I did try a bowl of soup (to accompany the sammie I brought w/me) ... it was $6.95 for a very small portion; it was grossly salty so I actually took it back. None of the food looked worthy of the prices they were charging. I don't know why attractions feel compelled to serve up mediocre food for quality prices!

Food aside, we absolutely loved Wildcat and look forward to our next time.