“a welcoming spot in the White Mountains” 5 of 5 stars

Wildcat Inn & Tavern
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   Rte 16A, Jackson, NH 03846   |
Ranked #10 of 17 Jackson B&B and Inns
Lee, New Hampshire
“a welcoming spot in the White Mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I had a wonderful overnight stay here at the Wildcat. I arrived as a walk-in and was so relieved to find a place that allowed my dog to stay as well. There is a lovely garden area in back where I enjoyed a delicious dinner. There is live music many nights. Everyone from the restaurant staff to the inn staff was friendly, helpful, and welcoming. They made me feel like a regular. The room was quiet and the bed comfortable. I am looking forward to my next stay at the Wildcat to be sure! Thank you everybody for making my stay so pleasant!

Room Tip: My room was on the 3rd floor of the inn and it was quiet and peaceful. There was a gas stove in the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

What my girlfriend and I look for when we are traveling is to meet smart, funny, competent, enthusiastic people that remind us of our friends. The first night we strolled into the Wildcat Inn & Tavern's bar we met James who fits all of those criteria. James is the bartender there and he made us feel right at home, in fact he made us feel as though we had known him for years. It was such a great experience we've told all of our friends about it since we've been home. I have a feeling if I were to email James tomorrow he would respond as if we have been friends for years. We spent the next couple of nights bellied up to his bar having a great time laughing, telling stories and just being ourselves. I wish more people in the Washington DC area were like James. The Wildcats Inn & Tavern in Jackson has remained true to its roots and been a fantastic place for travelers ever since I was a kid. If you'd like to visit a place that really does it right please check them out.

• Stayed September 2012
Vernon, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed this past weekend on a special offer. I have stayed in the past and always have had a great experience with the room, staff, and the food. The inn is located in a classic building, with all the historic charm. They have done a fine job in preserving the classic charm and feel of the inn and the rooms are nicely appointed. The tavern is a great place to relax and talk over the days adventures. The full menu is avaliable in the tavern with a relaxed atmosphere. Food is excellent, some nights they have live music too. Overall I give the inn a thumbs up, and can't wait to return..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Wells,ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed this past weekend on a facebook deal staff was very friendly and helpful when making reservation this was for a offer of spend $75.00 on food and drink in the dinning room or tavern and your room is free. What a deal!!! Placed us in a very nice room had a wonderful prime rib dinner then went to the tavern for some drinks and entertainment. Staff was extremely helpfull and even pointed out some nice places to check out in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I had dinner here last week and must say that the service was amazingly slow despite the restaurant being almost empty. While the waitress was polite, it took a good 15 minutes to be greeted, over 30 for our appetizer to arrive, and another 15 for our main course. Unfortunately, the main courses were nothing out of the ordinary and overpriced. SO disappointed in the Wildcat! The bar area is fine for beer and pub grub (had a hamburger there once...) and the entertainment was good. But definitely not the place for a good meal :-(

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the igloo this week.
PROS:
It was in an adorable town and within the very pretty gardens of the inn. Having a two bedroom place was ideal for us and we enjoyed the character of the old ice house. There was plenty of space and it was well equipped for the most part. I also appreciated that it had air conditioners to get it a bit cooler after a hot day and then we could open the windows. It was a quiet spot despite some concerns we had about being next to the tavern.

CONS:
Well, it was basically the service and the sleeping sofa. My mother was on the sleeper sofa and it was just absurd, it in horrible shape, springs everywhere, and she just sunk into a little pit in the center when she was in it. The other problem was there were no pillows and blankets for her but we couldn't get one of the closets open no matter what. When we went to find out if there was a blanket she could use the service we received was humorously bad. I had to go back and ask several times and they couldn't come up with a single blanket. Finally, another guest offered up their blanket. Although it was fifty degrees that night we were told it w warm and she wouldn't need one. They almost couldn't have been less helpful.

This mimicked our service at the restaurant, which was something we will laugh about for a while. But sitting in the garden was lovely, too bad the food and service was so very bad.

Stayed August 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I just got back from my weekend stay at The Wildcat Inn and to say I was impressed would be an understatement. The hotel is located right on Main Street in Jackson New Hampshire. To get to the hotel you go under an amazing covered bridge, and the quaint town of Jackson and The Wildcat Inn pops right out at you. The property is absolutely stunning, from the mountain backdrop to the beautiful garden in back of the property. However what stands out more than anything is the service off the staff. Amber at the front desk was amazing. My first morning at the hotel she pointed me to the free coffee and fresh orange juice. She also pointed me next door to yesterdays for a great breakfast. I came back later on after exploring the beautiful town of Jackson and was amazed to see the Bar/Tavern area very lively. It seemed odd to me that the Tavern would be busy on a beautiful day, however when I met the staff it did not suprise me one bit. The bartender (who's name is escaping me at the moment) was very informative on the great selection of beer the tavern had. Jordan, the hostess was very friendly and is a true credit to this establishment. She informed me on where to go and what to do. However after having so much fun that afternoon, I knew the tavern would be my one and only stop later on. My room was room number 12 and it was awesome. I highly reccomend this room due to its beautiful views of the garden. The bed was super comfy and the room as a whole was very well appointed. The halls of the hotel are filled with amazing paintings and pictures, giving a very real feel to the property's history. Later that night I headed back to the downstairs for dinner. I was going to eat in the dining room, however due to my earlier experience at the tavern I chose to eat there instead. The dining room has a very old New England feel to it and is beyond beautiful. The Tavern was awesome and the food was great. Sandra the bartender was on point all night. The band was also very good playing mostly blues and classic rock. The Tavern got real lively and was alot of fun with a great mix of people. My favorite part of the tavern is they have an old ski chair as a seat for the table. The tavern decor was exposed wood, old pictures and plenty of seating. All and all a perfect stay I will be returning!!!

Room Tip: Room 12 is awesome.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Wildcat Inn & Tavern? Share your experiences!