“The Chateau's are worth the money!” 4 of 5 stars

Nordic Village Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Rte. 16, Jackson, NH 03846   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Jackson
Wentworth, New Hampshire
“The Chateau's are worth the money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

For our Wedding Anniversary, We booked a First Floor Chateau October 19th and 20th, at the very top of the Resort, on line with Bookit.com and were very pleased with the process.
When we arrived at check-in there were no surprises or "extra" charges and the room was ready for us. (We were aware there is a Service and Tax added) so be sure to ask for a Total Cost when booking.
The Chateau was beautiful, Comfortable King Bed, Marble Kitchen, Gas Fireplace that worked!, nice large screen TV over the mantle, Large Bath , 1/2 bath, wonderful lighting, New Couch and Love Seat, Indoor Gazebo room off the living room with nice round table for cards or games, table off to the side for computer hook-up, Beautiful dining room table with 8 Chairs (not sure why with only one bedroom) The entire place was Very Clean! with 1600 sq ft there is lots of room! The kitchen had all the required Pots and pans, plates, glasses etc. The only reason I didn't give this a 5 Star is the 2 frying pans were "non-stick" and were scrapped so much from the Metal Spatula (NO PLASTIC one in site) that I didn't dare to cook the nice breakfast I had planned for my husband so we went out for breakfast! They really need NEW Frying Pans with Plastic spatula and this place would be perfect. All the other pans were Stainless Steel and nice. For the Price they should invest in a Scanpan or get all plastic Cooking Spoons and Spatulas.
We didn't use the other facilities, pool, hot tub, etc
As for wildlife, we saw a mother Bear with 4 Cubs cross the parking lot out back, that was a treat as we watched from our bedroom window! In the morning I saw 2 Turkeys wandering around the grass. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: If you can afford it stay at the Chateau's, you get so much more and the extra room is wonderful...

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Three couples stayed overnight at the Nordic Village Resort to celebrate our milestone birthdays. Some of us took advantage of the Fitness Center, while others spent time at the indoor pool/hot tub. The Club House was not conducive to the cold weather (ping pong, pool tables) as it was not heated. We stayed in a 2 room suite which included a mini refrigerator, microwave, toaster, small 'kitchen' sink, along with dishes, etc. We enjoyed the gas fireplace. The staff was friendly and helpful. There are nice shops and great restaurants in Jackson and in nearby Glen and North Conway. We are not skiiers, but I would think it is a great place to stay for those who do ski. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: 2 - room suite was great for our purposes. We stayed in Lillihammer.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Millville, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed here numerous times many years ago.
First time in probably 10 years. Only disappointment was that the wood fireplaces were removed and replaced with gas ones; but the gas ones weren't able to be used either. Apparently not the fault of the facility BUT the fire marshall so a bit frustrating, especially after dinner and swimming.
The pool was nice and warm. Outdoor hot tub didn't seem to be working correctly as there were hardly any jets working.
Everthing else was more than up to par. Room was clean and well maintained, staff was friendly.

Only other frustrating thing was the lights outside the room were on all night and a bit bright. Maybe time to add some curtains to the windows? The heating system was also a bit tricky to figure out...couldn't figure out which thermostat to use? Better directions would help. Rooms (except penthouse I think) have fridge, stove, microwave, coffe pots and dishwashers....all you could need for your stay.

We will return again as overall the experience was very good.

Room Tip: Other than the penthouse roooms, all have some type of kitchen which was awesome. Nice to eat b'...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

we stayed here for 2 nights the first week of October. We paid a little more for this than a standard hotel room but were very happy with what we got -bedroom ands half bath, full bath , small kitchen and large living room, two tv's and a gas fireplace that worked well. Our place was on the first floor and we had no complaints. Much better than a small hotel room. We enjoyed our stay

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for two nights ; 11 – 12 Oct. Good location, close to Ski Resorts and Mt Washington, about 10 mins drive from North Conway shops but a bit isolated from restaurants/bars. Nice enough condo, plenty of room, separate dinning table etc, but all a bit tired, felt like I was in a 80's time-warp! That said, it was clean and everything worked except the focal point log-effect gas fire which was disabled until further notice due to “fire department regulations”, but more likely to have been condemned by them as being too dangerous. I think this will be the same for all gas fires across the resort. Wasn’t really a problem for us as we were only there one night and it wasn’t too cold, but guess having no log fire would be a big disappointment for those returning from a day’s Skiing. Also I couldn’t get the (electric) heating to work at all, this may have been because I hadn’t turned it on, but given it was cold enough for there to be a slight snow fall when I was there, I would have expected the heating to have come on automatically. In the end we had to put a couple of rings on the cooker to take the chill of the room. The view from the balcony was fantastic, down the valley behind Mt Washington. We spent an hour or so in the Spa Pool, given the time of year (between the winter and summer seasons) we had it all to ourselves. Couldn’t complain, although like the resort in general, it was a bit dated, but everything worked, was spotlessly clean and a good fun end to the day. If you are looking for 5 star luxury, this isn’t for you, but if the price is right and you are not too fussy about the latest facilities (e.g. no flat screen HD TV here!) and just want a base for exploring/Skiing as we did, then it’s fine, but the resort is overdue a facelift.

Room Tip: Quite thin floors and typical condo is on three floors, so unless you want direct access to the outs...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ManageratNordic, Manager at Nordic Village Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. Nordic Village is within minutes to several alpine mountains as well as Jackson Ski Touring and Great Glen trails for cross country. We do have several restaurants in Jackson Village, only a couple of minutes by car. A lot of families choose to dine in during part of their vacation as some of our condominiums are fully equipped with a kitchen, as well as dining room, living room and bedrooms. Our gas fireplaces are functional in most of the condominiums now. We did have the unfortunate incident of a fire in a wood burning fireplace a couple of years ago. Now all wood fireplaces that were converted are fully functional. The existing gas fireplaces needed to be inspected, not because they were deemed dangerous, just as a precaution, per the fire inspector. Because we have so many units and some privately owned, the inspection process has taken a little longer than anticipated. I am sorry that you experienced a problem with the heat, and had our front desk been made aware, our maintenance department would have been happy to solve the problem. All in all, is sounds like you did enjoy your stay and we hope you visit us again during ski season to enjoy Mount Washington Valley in the winter.
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

First let me say -- my husband and and I really liked the penthouse we stayed in , the building was called the Zurich.
We stayed on top floor and we had planned to have our coffee out on our priviate balcony on our last morning there. So -- I made us some coffee and went outside on the balcony --and at about 9am, I heard something down below and low and behold , this guy was opening the sewer cover and placing the hose in the leach field and was beginning to empy it !!! OMG !! We needed to stay indoors since the stench was so bad!!! I can't understand why this cannot be done closer to check out time ?!?!? I mean come around 11am or later to do this?? I mean why is there no conderation for the guests.... ?? We left right away at 10am and then we saw the other guests in the building also leaving the property!! I did tell the office of this and they said the last person just told them also...I asked if this was an emergency call and the guy in the office told me NO, was just regular maintenance and they can't control what time these guys come! Not a good thing.... :(

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I do apologize that you and your husband were inconvenienced on Monday morning. We do have bi annual maintenance done on the septic system and I do agree, it should have been scheduled around 11 a.m. Again, I do apologize and hope that you will visit Nordic Village again.
Monroe, NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My whole trip started badly when I made reservations in June for an October trip. I booked through Orbit and was very satisfied with that. I looked at the resort and saw they had a better room, so I called and asked to switch rooms. They told me it was no problem and it would even be cheaper for me. I picked this resort because of the jacuzzi and fire place in the room. During the weeks that followed, I called back several times to confirm my reservations and was told I could not change my room, and in fact on one call, they told me they lost my reservation. Finally the day arrived that we arrived at the resort. Finally we found the office and made our way in. The front desk clerk was "busy" on the computer and after a few minutes of me standing there, looked at me and mumbled "just a sec". We then checked in and tried to find our room. When we got to the room, it was very nice, but freezing. We turned the heat all the way up, and then saw the note on the wall that said the fireplace was not working due to some fire codes. Very nice. Off we went to dinner. When we came back, we settled in to watch tv. In the room above us, apparently there were many children, or a small herd of wild buffalo, based on the noise of running back and forth. Drove me nuts. So we decided to turn in. Once all snuggled in bed, we shut the lights off and realized the porch light for the unit above us shon directly into the bedroom. Awesome. We tried the below sub par sofa bed but decided to take the mattress from the bedroom and put it on the livingroom floor. The next morning, the animals were on the loose again. We went to the office before our trip to the fair, and they assured us that the people were checking out today and no, they had no rooms available to switch to. Off we go to the fair. It was pouring rain, when we came back, a nice hot shower was in order. Oh no, what is that I hear? A new herd of wild animals above! AHHH! Ok forget the shower, lets head to the pool and hotub. It was 50 degrees out but the water was wonderful. Until a couple joined us that had just checked in. They said they came with no reservations and waited in the lobby for 40 minutes before the manager finally said they could have a deluxe suite at no extra charge..?? I thought no rooms were available. SIGH! Back to our room, to listen to the animals upstairs and sleep on the livingroom floor! After much alcohol and sleeping pills, we managed to fall asleep. In the morning we awoke to the animals again, must have been feeding time. We gathered our belongings and went to the office. The clerk commented on how early we were checking out but didn't bother to ask how our stay was. Did she perhaps have a crystal ball and decided it was not a good place to go? Upon coming home, I wrote the hotel an email, almost verbatim to this review and asked them to contact me. 2 weeks later, and I have heard nothing. Words of advice? Make sure the luxuries you are paying extra for actually WORK and make sure you are on the top floor. I don't think we will be back in the near or distant future.

Room Tip: Upstairs room and make sure luxury items you paid for actually work, ie fireplace
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Nordic Village Resort? Share your experiences!