Let my start off by stating that I never complain or have a problem with the hotels I have stayed at and I realize that no place is perfect. Due to a last minute emergency, I had to cancel my 2 night stay at the Christmas Farm Inn. The policy states a cancellation fee which I understand but it states that if you reschedule you will not lose the one night deposit. When I called to cancel, I wanted to reschedule right then and there. (and a more expensive room than originally booked.) The front desk said they had to see what the procedure was and I would be CALLED back as soon as possible. Instead, I received an email with the cancellation policy that I was already aware of. So I called back and left a voice mail with the Innkeepers.. no word so I called the next day and was told they would be given the message.. no word.. so I called back leaving the Innkeepers ANOTHER message.. no word again so I called back and front desk said they were busy and I would be called back that night. NO WORD BACK! At this point, I realized I was charged another night's room without being notified!! This was not stated in the policy. Needless to say, my husband and I now don't want to return there even if we were allowed to rebook. We are upset because the Innkeepers do not have the decency or professionalism to return my phone call and give me an explanation. They were scamming us by adding money on the credit card without as much of an email telling me in advance. It is there loss because since coming here last year on our honeymoon, we planned to return every December. We also raved about the place to friends but now those friends are warned. All we wanted to know was if we could reschedule to a more expensive log cabin and add the forfeiture deposit toward a new reservation. I would have even been willing to lose half of the deposit and pay upfront considering we did cancel at the last minute and I realize there is a cancellation policy. Such a disappointment...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Christmas Farm Inn and Spa is a historic country Inn with a state-of-the-art spa, offering dining and lodging in Jackson, New Hampshire. Our 15 acre campus is the perfect retreat to enjoy the amenities of the Mt. Washington Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Christmas Farm Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Christmas Farm Inn And Spa
- Christmas Farm Hotel Jackson
- Christmas Farm Resort