“A success story for the little guy” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hudson, New Hampshire
“A success story for the little guy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I remember going here when they first opened - and this was around 1998. I hoped they would survive and I'm so happy they have. When my daughter comes up from Philadelphia, she *always* has to have at least one meal at Dynamite. Lots of selection and good prices with good service. For me, though, the best part are the weekday box lunch specials. Inexpensive, good variety and always delicious. ...and the miso soup? Best I've ever had. My daughters love the mahi rolls as well. Lots to love in this place.

Hudson, NH
“Try Dynamite Sushi for a DYNAMITE sushi experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Dynamite is a very popular neighborhood sushi bar with the most fabulous food, including non-sushi alternatives for guests that do not partake in sushi. Everything is made to order, most often by the owner, Ho...who always remembers your name. Dynamite Sushi is a family run business and the food is always totally fresh. The presentation of each plate is beautiful. I would highly recommend making Dynamite Sushi one of your favorites whether you are dining in or doing takeout. Perfect for the whole family!

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Like the food but call ahead for hours...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

My wife and I enjoy the food however you need to be aware that they have a hole in their restaurant hours between 3 and 4:30. Its best to call before visiting especially if you are driving a ways to get there. We live about 20 minutes away and have forgotten about their break after 3pm and also at least on one occasion showed up and they had a private event and sent us away. We have told ourselves a couple of times that we wouldn't go back because of the disappointment in having to turn around because of the hours or private event. Like the review above, we don't mind going there but certainly don't go as often as we would have because of those experiences.

Visited November 2011
Hudson, NH
“AMAZING food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Dynamite Sushi is my all-time favorite "find" of a restaurant. It's in a small plaza in and would be easy to drive by and miss if you're not looking for it. My husband and I moved to Hudson 5 years ago and decided to try all of the local restaurants to see what was good. We were absolutely BLOWN AWAY by the sushi at Dynamite! It is the freshest, most delicious sushi we've had anywhere. They have all the standard stuff plus some excellent, unique and adventurous combinations that always keep us coming back for more. The seasonal specials and maki rolls named after favorite customers are always worth a try. A few of our favorites are Renee's Maki, Ho's Salad and the steamed shumai with the delicious yellow sauce. If you're in the area, I would highly suggest giving Dynamite a try!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Great food, questionable service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

First of all, the food is very good; best Korean and sushi in the area, hands down.

The service is another thing all together. I have been here many times, and there almost always seems to be a hitch. Tonight was no different. We came in around 6:30 and all tables were taken. We were offered seats at the sushi bar, but we decided to wait the '20 minutes" we were told it would take to get a table. Sure enough, after 20 minutes a table became available and they cleaned it. Then they came back to us and told us that they had decided to to give the table they had promised us to another party in the restaurant, a large party who they decided to 'spread out" a little more. We then asked when they thought there would be another table, they said 20-30 minutes!

At this point we debated leaving, but decided to eat at the sushi bar. I really dislike the sushi bar, because you are facing away from the restaurant into the bar, but the wall is so high you can't see the chefs. It's almost claustrophobic, sitting with your face to the wall. Anyway, you would think under the circumstances that they would send a wait person over right away, but it took almost 20 minutes for one to get to us- just to order drinks and apps. so, all things considered, after being told we would be seated in 20 minutes, it took about 45 by the time we got a waitress. Sorry, that is not good service from my point of view.

When the server finally showed up, things got better, but it was definitely annoying. I may go here again for the food, but it won't be nearly as frequent as I would if they had decent service.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Dynamite Sushi? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Dynamite Sushi, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.