“Amazing B and B with warm hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stonewall Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hillsborough
Stonewall Farm
Save Saved
You added Stonewall Farm to your Saves list
235 Windsor Road, Hillsborough, NH 03244   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hillsborough B&B and Inns
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Amazing B and B with warm hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

My wife and I just stayed here on a road trip in June 2011. Our room was wonderfully put together, clean and charming. It wasn't all done up like a lot of cheesy B and B's but really authentic. The common room is lovely and they have games and old diaries from historic residents to read. The history of the place is incredible and Meg tells great stories. Meg is really nice and let us give water to her lamb and make ourselves at home in her kitchen. The grounds are lovely for walking around and the breakfast was A+. This is THE place to stay. Hillsborough is a great place and this B and B is right near some of the most amazing stone bridges I've ever seen. The Franklin Pierce site is nearby and the towns near-by have good dinner options. Stay here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Glastonbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I had the pleasure to spend last Saturday night at Stonewall Farm. I can only say good things... the owner is delightful- very laid back and friendly. The home itself is meticulously maintained and the surroundings splendid! I lingered at the table after enjoying a delicious breakfast and enjoyed the company of my friends and a lovely couple from Maine. I would recommend this B&B highly and hope to return again!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I have stayed at Stonewall Farm many times over the past few years and am now warmly welcomed as one of the family. On my first visit, in October, I was treated to a gourmet breakfast in front of a warm fire in the wonderfully cozy dining room. This winter there were opportunities for snowshoeing and cross country skiing that I was not able to do, but other guests had a tremendous time. In the warmer weather I've played with the sheep, goats and dogs and enjoyed nights with spectacular bonfires. Sitting on the back deck one summer evening with family and friends, we enjoyed seeing ALL the stars you could imagine in the night sky. This past March I saw my first ever bald eagle as it flew between the house and barn and tipped its wings - simply breathtaking. Just this past week I was introduced to the new family additions: the cutest black lamb - which I got to bottle-feed - and 12 baby chicks that will eventually provide the freshest eggs. I'm returning this week and hopefully catch all the varieties of lilacs as they bloom all over the property.

The Curtis family is so warm and welcoming, and Meg's breakfasts are sure to please. She is quite accommodating when it come to diet restrictions, so please let her know in advance so she can provide you a delicious meal to your liking. You won't be disappointed!

There is so much more I could write, but perhaps it's best to have you discover this gem for yourself.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Just enjoyed a "girls weekend" at the lovely Stonewall Farm, and we plan to make it an annual trip. We enjoyed a fantastic morning of snowshoeing and beautiful scenery. So relaxing! Meg , the owner, is so warm and welcoming and such a fabulous cook. We had the best French toast, ever! The dining room is so inviting and cozy with a wonderful wood-burning fireplace. The bedrooms each feature a private bath and it was so quiet...great for a good night's sleep.. The bedrooms are beautifully decorated and so comfortable. Can't wait to go back! Must be beautiful there in the summer.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

I normally wouldn't post a review so quickly, but here I sit at my desk in NYC, still thinking of the great time our group of friends had at Stonewall Farm this past weekend. Meg and Skip (our hosts) helped us ring in a very memorable New Year there.

Everything was so quintessentially "New England" that I found myself taking pictures ridiculously often: of the roaring fireplace, the antiques in the house, the barn, the property.

We very much enjoyed the hospitality and delicious breakfasts. Our group took advantage of having Meg arrange for massages for our spouses. She also arranged for a snowshoe rental and we spent several hours in the fresh snowfall exploring the surrounding area.

I highly recommend Stonewall farm...can't wait to visit in the summer to see the changes of the season.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

This traditional New England farmhouse has beautifully furnished rooms and moder bathrooms. The wide plank pine floor proved its authenticity. The property's mature perenials and appletrees were a pleasure to take in on a morning walk. The single sheep in the yard seemed to welcome dog's curiosity.
We thank Meg and Skip for a wonderful breakfast (the best french toast we ever had, stuffed with yogurt and fruit), and for making us and our large pointer-dog welcome as we travelled through a beautiful part of New Hampshire.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

My wife and I stayed at Stonewall Farm this weekend. We loved every second. We went snowshoeing (a first for us) and had drinks (and brownies) by a fire after. It was everything a B&B should be. So quaint and beautiful. The owners were great, very accommodating.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Stonewall Farm? Share your experiences!