“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Tolland
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I stopped for lunch and I was not impressed. Maybe it was my fault in making a poor selection. He had the Tooky Bomb sandwich and really liked it. I had the clam chowder and it was the worst I have ever had. There was some spice in it that absolutely overwhelmed the clams; I couldn't even identify it but thought it must be rosemary. Whatever it was, it spoiled the chowder and it is my opinion that they need to revise the recipe. The fries are great and my ham sandwich was fine. The decor is a bit shabby with peeling wallpaper. The service was lacking but it was a Saturday and very busy. When I pay my bill, I expect to get my change back right away, not wait for the waitress to take orders from a party of six first. Maybe it was an off day for me; I will say I would try again and hope for a better experience.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Montauk, New York
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

True gourmet food at very reasonable prices. Wonderful atmosphere and friendly service. Children welcome. Local seasonal veggies! Killer desserts!

Visited June 2012
“Simply fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Food is great some entrees are expensive but you get what u pay for! My recommendation would be a rack of ribs with potatoes, the sauce on the ribs is amazing and will leave u wanting more and the homemade I potatoes an homage gravy is delicious!
Almost everything at tookys is made there from the bread to the salad dressings...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hillsborough, New Hampshire
“Tasty steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Love their peppercorn steak, garlic mashed potatoes, crisp salads and fresh baked bread. My wife and I often share an entree, and I'll add a bowl of French onion soup.

Visited August 2012
Connecticut
“Fun little pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We headed into this restaurant with the kids one night while on vacation. The smells from the restaurant before we even got in were pretty tantalizing. I had balsamic glazed steak tips which I paired with a local beer. The steak was tender, juicy, and lightly seasoned and the beer was great. Unfortunately, my youngest was fidgety, and I didn't get a chance to sample dessert. Despite cranky baby, our server was friendly and attentive. I would definitely go back when in the area.

Visited August 2012