“I liked it” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Earth
“I liked it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

Have passed by Jesse's many time going back and forth to the Medical Center and the building has always intrigued. Finally in the area late afternoon when they are open. The interior is as rustic as the exterior. Service was good as we were there early, but the waiter was a bit phony; too friendly and too many "Right on" comments to my selections or questions. Food was prepared as ordered and of high quality. Prices were reasonable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Florida
“Excellent dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

Parking is ample. The waitstaff is friendly and helpful. I ordered a dish made of lobster and macaroni and cheese. My spouse ordered roast pork and mashed sweet potato and asparagus. Warm brown bread with butter kept us going until we were served. My spouse had a lettuce salad heaped high with pepper, onion, and shoestring potatoes on top. Our entrees came hot. Neither of us could finish the entree. I'd expected the usual macaroni and cheese with a modicum of lobster; what I got was a huge claw and tail meat, plus smaller pieces of lobster throughout the creamy mac and cheese, all baked with a crumb topping. I actually left large chunks of lobster in the dish, unfinished. Despite not finishing the entree, we opted for coffee and dessert, about seven different flavors including key lime pie, tiramisu, etc., each served in a large shot glass. This restaurant was an excellent choice for a couple of travelers, and we have nothing negative to report.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great food, good portions, service was most impressive...can't wait to go again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

Kansas City, Kansas
“Substandard steakhouse.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2007

Substandard steakhouse.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2007

My husband and I were staying in White River Junction, VT and made the short drive to Jessie's in Lebanon, NH (about 10 minutes away). We both really liked our food at Jessie's. The mashed sweet potatoes are a MUST have.