“Good food and friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 36 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
New Jersey
“Good food and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My family spent one night in Hanover dropping children off for summer sports camps/academic programs at Dartmouth. I picked the Canoe Club based on the restaurant's website and Trip Advisor reviews.
I called the restaurant a few days in advance to make a reservation, and when we arrived our table was ready and we were seated immediately (even on a busy Saturday night!)
Our server was friendly and efficient. The menu gave lots of options without being overwhelming. Fairly standard soups, salads, appetizers to start and plenty of beef, chicken, pasta and fish choices as entrees. Everything was delicious.
My son (who is 22, and yes they checked his ID even with Mom and Dad there!) ordered their "trio of beer on a tray". You can select 3 different beers from their extensive beer list and they are served in 7 oz. glasses on a wooden tray. I must admit it was pretty cool!
The atmosphere is "upscale casual" and the restaurant has a lively buzz without being over crowded or noisy. It's definitely a fun spot with good food! and service!

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ocean Grove, New Jersey
“Nice atmosphere, Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011 via mobile

Very enjoyable dinner. Very attentive service. Dessert was amazing.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brisbane, Australia
“Lucked out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I came here after work. It was crowded, and I had to sit at the bar. Despite that, the service was prompt. Admittedly, I was hungry, but the seafood plate was absolutely superb. I've been here once before, 6 years ago, and the experience then was also excellent. I figure they've got their act together. I'd be surprised if you were disappointed. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Claremont, New Hampshire
“Great food & people watching, okay service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

We went for our anniversary dinner and have been there many times before. I wanted something with local produce and ordered a dish with fiddleheads that was wonderful. Our service was just okay, the waitress was kurt, seemed to have more important things to do than to provide us with a smile or friendly service. But, again, the food is excellent. The window seats are the best, great light, and fun people watching in busy downtown Hanover.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bellevue
“Awesome food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

While visiting Dartmouth the coach recommended this charming restaurant one block from campus. I was dining alone and had a fabulous late lunch of a grilled sandwich, great salad with goat cheese and well priced wine. Cute welcoming environment, friendly waiter and the owner wandered by and shared iPhone app tips with me. I felt welcome and not so far from home. Great family atmosphere. Next door to a great little bookstore too.

• Visited February 2011