“Promising” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 37 Restaurants in Hanover
Lebanon, New Hampshire
“Promising”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've been to Noodle Station a few times now and overall, I like it. Most times I've ordered the Thai Tiger. The sauce is tasty and has just a bit of heat. The portions are really huge. My issue is with the ratio. I'd like less noodles and more vegetables and protein. Also, vegetable slicing is inconsistent. I've had some really big chunks of onion and cabbage. I ordered the pesto sauce once and I have to say there was something unpleasantly gritty about the texture. Generally, the service has been good and wait times not unreasonable for cooked to order food. I can see how people can have experienced inconsistency from cook to cook and perhaps that will work out over time. It's just nice to have a new option downtown.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Claremont, New Hampshire
“Good portions okay food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had the spaghetti and meat balls. The portions were generous and the food was okay. Even though I've heard less than good stories about the quality of the service, mine was fine. The prices were high - especially given the quality of the food.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
New London,NH
“Really Rather Revolting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My daughter and I stopped in Hanover the other evening and wanted to find a simple meal. Noodles and soup seemed like a good idea but The Noodle Station was a serious disappointment.
The idea is to choose your noodles,sauce,veggies and protein and then have it all cooked to order.
The reality was sticky, dry noodles splashed with sauce and greasy meat (daughter's lo mein) and a soup made from powdered soup based only partially dissolved with a handful of cabbage and some previously frozen peas and canned mushrooms. Daughter ordered "fruit tea" that turned out to be fruit drink mix combined with non-dairy creamer (powdered) and ice. No evidence of tea. She skipped the tapioca bubbles but was unable to drink the mixture after 2 sips. For 3.75 a glass it was not a cheap experiment!
We ended up spending just over 20 dollars which was VERY expensive for what we got and most of our food ended up being tossed in the garbage as inedible.
We had previous experience with noodle shops and were optimistic, but this place is a disaster. Had I looked at reviews (Yelp) I might have saved both money and the experience of tummy upset. There are good restaurants in Hanover. This one is not one of them.

• 1 of 5 stars Food