“Great Stuff, and Better Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Hopewell, NJ
“Great Stuff, and Better Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We were up there a few weeks ago to attend a football game - our son's Bridgton Academy team was playing the Dartmouth JV's on a Sunday - and wanted to bring some hot food for the post game tailgate to feed our hungry players before their long trip back to Bridgton, ME. Since we are from NJ and had no place to prepare our own grub, we needed to buy local. After getting a recommendation and directions from a coed we ran into to "go to EBA" (that's what the kids refer to this institution as) we found the place, explained what we were trying to accomplish, and were treated with about as good of service as we could have imagined. The boss, or manager, or whomever (I'm sorry I did not get his name now) came out of the kitchen and gave us ideas about what he could do. We picked a "meat lovers pasta" dish, a full pan. It was delivered at the field at the time requested, it was way better than we ever expected - yes you could serve it to your ivy league friends without fear! - cheesy, meaty, hot, delicious sauce! Thank you EBA, you guys deserve kudos from our whole team, this was one of the first dishes to disappear from the buffet line, and our kids really know how to eat, I promise you! And thanks from the parents from Jersey too, you really were just the joint we had hoped to find!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Phoenix, Arizona
“Still Awful Pizza After All These Years!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stopped by Hanover to see the old Campus and my old Fraternity.
But first I drove over the Connecticut River to Norwich hoping to find a nice place to eat. I could only find the Norwich Inn, which was full, so I returned to Hanover.

After paying for parking (no more free spaces in Hanover), I walked from the Main Green to EBAs for lunch. It was empty when I arrived just after 1 PM.

I ordered a small Hawaiian pizza with hot tea to drink.
The Pizza arrived hot and crispy with a scent of burnt garlic. It was just as bad as my college days as an undergrad. But I ate it anyway, just like in the old days.

Next time I come through Hanover, I am going to Lou’s Diner on Main Street.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vermont
“A classic in Hanover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a great spot to meet friends and not feel hurried or if time is short to pop in for something quick. You won't find a glamorous decor but you will find a great menu, reliable tasty food, friendly service, and reasonable prices....hard to ask for more. The EBA chicken sandwich is a not to be missed classic!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maine
“reliable pizza at fair price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This place feeds hordes of college students, which says it all. Reliable, OK, affordable pizza.

Hanover is full of gougeterias, and this joint off the main drag is a breath of thrift all too rare in beautiful Hanover.

Nuff said.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MA
“Everything but Quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have very fond memories of eating at EBA both while attending school in the area and visiting Hanover in the years following my graduation. My most recent visit was roughly five years ago and was very good.

The lunch buffet at EBA was intended to be a highlight of a visit to Hanover earlier this week but was the biggest disappointment of the trip; we arrived at 12:15, which was well within the lunchtime period.

Instead of seeing the three or four varieties of pizza near the front of the buffet as had been the norm, there were a couple of slices so far in the back that it required bending well under the now-useless sneeze guard. (A small tray of what looked like stale store-bought oatmeal cookies was much more prominently displayed.)

Both the competition for the slices and the subsequent 15 to 20 minute wait for the not very good cheese pizza that ultimately came out was reminiscent of "The Hunger Games." Rather than fully enjoying the company of my highly significant other who I had eagerly introduced to EBA, I was keeping one eye on the kitchen door waiting for the pizza.

The cheese pizza that came out had barely any sauce, and the cheese was not very tasty.

Depriving those of us who did not arrive right when the buffet started of at least some toppings as the early birds enjoyed was simply inequitable.

Further, our server was largely inattentive despite the restaurant not being very busy; she actually spent most of our time there chatting with a co-worker just a couple of feet from our table.

The experience this time explains why EBA was not packed as it had been in the past.

I strongly advise visitors to Hanover to choose one of the many other college-town restaurant options.

• Visited September 2013