“Great meal!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pine

Pine
2 E. Wheelock St., Hanover, NH 03755 (Formerly Pines)
603/646-8000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had chicken with risotto while at a wedding reception here. It was out of this world delicious! We also had steak filet that was perfectly cooked and just as good.

Visited May 2013

Etna. NH
“Vulgar and Pretentious”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

In "renovating" the Hanover Inn to the tune of $43 million (a mere $30 million overrun), Dartmouth College and its advisors have managed to leach out any hint of New England. Not only did they manage to do it, they sought to do it. Now more a conference center than a hotel, it gives corporate types more of the same they love -- a sleek, expensive bubble, furnished and decorated by someone with the unerring touch of a bad dentist. It's nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

As for Pine, the restaurant which bills its menu as "celebrity chef inspired," the choices are pedestrian and the preparation bland. Better go to Lou's for breakfast, the Canoe Club for lunch, Market Table for dinner, Murphy's for a nightcap -- all within a two-minute walk.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nancy J, General Manager at Pine, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Rovingtheworld,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your honest candor in how you personally feel about the renovation of the Hanover Inn. I understand that everyone’s tastes differs in what appeals to them for both design and cuisine and it appears that we have fallen short in your experience. We have received many positive comments about the new design of the Hanover Inn and rave reviews of our new restaurant PINE. While the building is an integral part of guest experience what truly makes a property special is the Service. Our employees are the heart and soul; of the Hanover Inn and strives to provide a warm, attentive and gracious level of service to each and every guest.

I would be delighted to meet with you personally and address any concerns that you may have.

Thank you for your consideration.

Joe Mellia
Hanover Inn Dartmouth
New London, Connecticut, United States
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I ate lunch and breakfast at the Pine this past weekend (May 18/19, 2013). In each case, I was very satisfied with my meals. My food was good tasting and cooked to my satisfaction. The portions were not too big and not too small. The service was good, and the prices were average.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Asti Spumanti”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

OMG -- I ordered a glass of Muscato with my desert on Mother's Day and I got a glass of sickly sweet Asti Spumanti -- and the waiter had the "finesse" to come to our table to offer me an other glass "on the house" with the label in full display. Funny. Even funnier was that they charged us $12 a glass.... I informed the bar tender on our way out and he was even embarassed....

Visited May 2013
Cornish, New Hampshire
“fun, friendly, fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've been for drinks once, dinner twice: the atmosphere is great, the food even better- best value anywhere around.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Pine? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pine, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.