“Good Food, Good Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pine

Pine
2 E. Wheelock St., Hanover, NH 03755 (Formerly Pines)
603/646-8000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 36 Restaurants in Hanover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
New London, Connecticut, United States
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I ate lunch and breakfast at the Pine this past weekend (May 18/19, 2013). In each case, I was very satisfied with my meals. My food was good tasting and cooked to my satisfaction. The portions were not too big and not too small. The service was good, and the prices were average.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hanover, New Hampshire
“Asti Spumanti”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

OMG -- I ordered a glass of Muscato with my desert on Mother's Day and I got a glass of sickly sweet Asti Spumanti -- and the waiter had the "finesse" to come to our table to offer me an other glass "on the house" with the label in full display. Funny. Even funnier was that they charged us $12 a glass.... I informed the bar tender on our way out and he was even embarassed....

Visited May 2013
Cornish, New Hampshire
“fun, friendly, fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I've been for drinks once, dinner twice: the atmosphere is great, the food even better- best value anywhere around.

• Visited March 2013
Enfield, New Hampshire
“The PINE---Hip and Unpretentious Fine Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The Pine is a great find! I love it. The food was outstanding---if you like duck, go for the fettuccine w/duck confit! Delicious. And the tuna and steak tartare...fabulous! When I go back I'm going to have to force myself to try something different.

The atmosphere is laid back chic, an understated elegance that gives you that fine dining experience without feeling stuffy and pretentious. The antique pine boards adorning the walls of The Pine are reclaimed from an old barn on the Dartmouth campus. They pay hommage to days gone by while providing a trendy comtempory vibe. The restuarant is laid out in a spacious room that despite it's large size maintains a level of intimacy. The subtle lighting and background music add to the overall experience.

The waitstaff did a great job. They know the menu and made supurb suggestions. Unlike a lot of local restaurants, they don't rush you. It's refreshing to be able to enjoy a meal without feeling like you need to hurry up so that your table can be turned over to someone else. At the same time, the staff at the Pine was very attentive. Every time a member of our party left the table, our waiter was right there folding the napkin and placing it next to the person's plate. When one the food arrived and one of our party was away, the staff at The Pine asked if they should keep the food warm until the person returned. At The Pine you get attentive service that is "just right"---there when you need it and not there when you don't need it. Perfect.

Pricing for the menu was surprisingly affordable given the quality and portion size of the food. It is definitely a nice place to eat that is affordable. It's a price point that allows you to go out for a special evening without feeling like you got robbed if you are on a budget while at the same time, if you aren't on a tight budget it lets you enjoy a nice meal and atmosphere on a regular basis without putting you on a budget.

All in all The Pine is a great addition to the area and I'm glad I went. I will definitely go back. SOON!!!!

• Visited April 2013
Hanover, New Hampshire
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Thank goodness for renovations! As locals, we realize that great restaurants are hard to come by. Hanover has had the same mojo for years... until now. Pine is wonderful. The Hanover Inn really has done a fantastic job renovating this space. Before it was a gathering room and now it's a hip, rustic, locally furnished place. The vibe is great. Music suits the atmosphere and best yet, the Inn embraces the idea of using as much local produce, meat and dairy they can. Seasonal vegetable litter the menu and the plates are simple yet unbelievable to look at. I had the Halibut and just looking at the plate my mouth began to water.
Let's talk cocktails... Dear heavens James is a wiz. Drinks were amazing.
Service was also amazing. I have read all the other reviews, and I am not sure where the slow service remarks come from. We dined on a busy Saturday night and we couldn't have been more satisfied with our waitress. Mary Lou was fantastic! She was there when we needed her and invisible when we wanted privacy.
I am so glad Pine has come to Hanover! Can't wait to go back

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Pine? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pine, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.