“Wonderful boutique hotel in hanover” 4 of 5 stars

Six South St Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6 South Street, Hanover, NH 03755   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hanover
New York City, New York
“Wonderful boutique hotel in hanover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was given the name of this hotel on a list of hotels in area for visiting camps. When I clicked on the link expecting a quaint B&B, it was completely surprised that an updated, modern hotel like SSS could exist in the area. We stayed there and were very impressed with the friendliness of the staff as well as the design/decor of the rooms. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds ever and I have stayed at many top notch hotels. We didn't have time to eat there so i have no review of the food. The Starbucks in lobby was a good touch (need real milk, not creamer though)...how does a college town NOT have a starbucks? The lobby set up w/tvs and easy access to internet/printer etc was a convenient feature. Great location in town, close to everything including dinner choices and the famous gelato stop by the movie theater. We paid to overnight park but i think you could find street parking if you have patience. Made for a refreshing break and change from the chain hotels in strip malls.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ssshanover, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
We love to "surprise" and "impress" here at Six South ! Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We've only been open a little more than a year,but, more and more "camper's parents'" are discovering us. Thanks for helping to spread the word !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed in Hanover as part of a two-week college tour. My wife likes the predictability of national chains. I like the boutique hotels. I won in Hanover (mainly since there are no chain hotels). This hotel is great. Very trendy and upscale yet still friendly and warm.

We were greeted by the valet who parked the car and helped with the bags. Front desk check–in was as smooth as silk and the room, although a bit small, was nicely appointed and very fresh. Based on reviews I read here on TA, I requested a corner room facing the street. There are windows on both walls that open for a nice cross breeze. There was a little street noise until 10:30 or so, but I didn’t close the windows until 6:00 the next morning (the rest of the world started moving before I was ready).

There are a plethora of restaurants within easy walking distance (we ate at Molly’s for dinner and Lou’s for breakfast) and a terrific little bakery right across the street – gotta try the chocolate croissants!

We were there to tour Dartmouth – only a 5-7 minute walk from the hotel. I noticed the Hanover Inn right across from Dartmouth and took a look in the lobby. I think they were going for “eclectic” but it looked more “garage sale” to me. I was almost swayed to stay at the HI since it is closer to Dartmouth, but the SSS is only a few minutes by foot farther away…I’m glad I stayed at the SSS. If my daughter decides to go to Dartmouth, the SSS will be our home base for visits. Great hotel, friendly service and good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room facing the street. Windows on both sides allows for a nice cross breeze. We...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Your review and positive comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.
Here's hoping that your daughter chooses Dartmouth and we can welcome you as our guest for the next four years !
Burlington, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I read the positive reviews of SSS and when I found out it was $50 less/night I decided it was worth a try. I was a little reluctant because we've stayed at the HI in the past and we've really enjoyed staying there.
I am happy to say that we were not at all disappointed. The SSS staff are very friendly, the rooms are very clean and modern (perhaps a little small) and the beds were comfortable.
I would definitely recommend SSS and would definitely stay there again. They serve Starbucks coffee in the lobby (we didn't notice it until the second day but we made up for it by having 2 each).

, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
We're so glad that you gave Six South a trial run! Glad to know that we didn't disappoint too!
Thank you for the positive review....in particular, speaking well of our friendly staff. It seems to be a reoccurring them that ,as general manager, is very satisfying.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

For years, the Hanover Inn was the only hotel available in Hanover. With the arrival of SSS, there is another choice that meets all the needs of a traveler - a nice facility, a good location, friendly staff and a more than adequate restaurant and bar on site.

I've stayed there twice, now, and I recommend it to anyone who is visiting Hanover. We most recently stayed for Dartmouth Commencement and despite the hotel being full, all of our expectations were met.

, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thanks so much for the positive review. Not everyone makes the time to tell us how we are doing!
Comments from our guests are very important to us and help us to stay at the top of our game!
Hope to see you back at Six South soon!
Starkville, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Very nice place. Preferred by Dartmouth College (they put their guests (like me) there). Walking distance to college (nice walk). Also walked to dinner (many nearby choices) and down to the river and across to Vermont for a nice walk. Great bakery right across the street (try their meat pies!). Room were clean and functional (good shower, water pressure, TV, bed, etc.). Very expensive bar and restaurant, but New England is just generally more expensive than the South anyway. Free WiFi and coffee. Very quaint small downtown in Hanover, right outside your door. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Mexico CIty
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Our first stay in Hanover, due to school research. In a small beautiful town, this hotel surely gives a landmark feel to the place.
Perfect linen and clean accomodations helped us relax after a long long trip.
Breakfast with excelent ingredients and friendly service even with a late arrival after the kitchen closing hours.
Would like to have had a better disposition of management for a late check out. They didn't help us with this. Also not nice to have an expensive parking as a guest.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stayed at the Six South Street Hotel in mid April and were very happy with our experience.

I wasn't sure what to expect in a college town, but this has a big city feel. The room and bathroom are large and comfortable, and are well designed.

Breakfast was included in our rate each morning for an extra dollar and was great. There was only one staff member on, but she was efficient and cheerful, and she remembered us the second day.

A couple of small things that could be better. One is that there was only one elevator for the four floors. This is a large hotel with lots of people moving about, so there are times when you feel like you wait longer than expected for an elevator. Another was that there were no tea making facilities in the room. Coffee & tea is available in the foyer, but there are only paper cups available for use which is disappointing.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ssshanover, General Manager at Six South St Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Six South. Your comments are most welcome. I'll be sure to share your positive comments with our breakfast server. I know she'll be pleased that you recognized her in your review.

Been to Six South St Hotel? Share your experiences!