“A gem of a B&B!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hancock Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hancock
Hancock Inn
You added Hancock Inn to your Saves list
33 Main Street, Hancock, NH 03449   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hancock B&B and Inns
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“A gem of a B&B!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had the pleasure of spendin nine days at the Hancock Inn and they will be some of my most memorable. The owners, Marcia and Jarvis Coffin are delightful. You could not ask for more attentive and charming innkeepers. They want you to be comfortable and happy and will go the extra mile to make that happen. The breakfasts are generous and delicious. I could go on and on about the dinners as well, I tried nearly everything on the menu and was in heaven on each occasion. You could hear the very same amongst the other diners. Trust me, after nine evenings, you pick up on these things. If you happen to dinner one evening, be sure to say hello to Andrea..she will make you feel right at home as do the rest of the staff. As for the rooms, mine was comfortable and had eveything that I could possibly need. I chose one of the smaller rooms, if not the smallest and was very comfortable. As a woman travelling on my own, I felt right at home. I prefer B&B's when I travel and I have stayed in quite a few. The Hancock Inn is at the top of my list and I imagine will be there for quite some time. I look forward to my next visit, I hope you do too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Jarvis and Marc... C, Owner at Hancock Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you, thank you! We are looking forward to seeing you again - SOON, we hope.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We enjoyed a fabulous evening at the Hancock Inn restaurant for a family birthday celebration. The private dining room was perfect for our group of 10, the service was superior, the food was wonderful and the atmosphere could not have been better. Out-of-town cousins stayed overnight - one with a dog - and raved about the beds and delicious breakfast. Jarvis and Marcia Coffin went out of their way to make sure the evening was a success for all - including the dog. Lovely inn, grounds and town. Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I can't add much to the praise already heaped on this fine inn. We stayed in the Rufus Porter room, which is decorated with folk-art landscape murals by the itinerant artist. It was a cozy corner room with its own bath, a very comfortable bed, and a charmingly uneven floor. Breakfast (included in the room rate) was served in the Tavern, a sunny room overlooking the back yard. Both days included homemade granola and a complimentary baked good along with the dishes we ordered; it all was quite tasty. The dinner we had was also lovely, with the menu perfectly suited to an upscale country inn. The staff was universally welcoming, cheerful, and helpful-- including Potter, a golden retriever who seemed to show up at just the right moments.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stoddard, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have visited the Inn on several occasions for dinner but this was our first stay. The staff was friendly' accommodating and helpful. They made us both feel right at home' even part of the family! The dining was AMAZING!! I expected the diner to be great but was really surprised and "wowed" by the delicious homemade breakfast and the attentiveness of our hosts. We can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was a guest at this lovely, well renovated historic inn in the lovely village of Hancock. My room was tastefully decorated, comfortable and quiet. I did take advantage of the TV and cable. I enjoyed my private, recently renovated bathroom with tub. The innkeepers were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was home-made and served in a lovely room with views to the yard. I dined each night in the restaurant which retained it's homey, historic atmosphere. The menu had a wide range of offerings and I enjoyed a very good selection of wines. I will mostly certainly return when I am travelling in the area again. I can highly recommend Hancock Inn.

Room Tip: There is a wide offering of room types, sizes and amenities so select what suits you.