“Nice as always” 4 of 5 stars

New York City
31 attraction reviews
“Nice as always”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

They updated all their restrooms in additional to the potter pottys. They now charge
48.00 per adults, kids 12 and under free. We got really lucky with this parking lot, they only charge $15.00, normally $20-$35 dollars. The parking lot was on Avenue or Street sign "C", once you park car, it is right along the boardwalk, closer than all the other parking lots that I have parked in on the last 5 yrs. We enjoyed all of the food alusaul. Only drawback, we couldnt find our normally whole lobster spot, so we tried another one. The first 10 whole lobsters we order where not cooked. thank God one of our friends realized it and brought it to our attention. We had to return approximately 10 - 12 lobsters. The other 20 or so lobsters after that was cooked. They apologized to us and gave us new cooked ones. Alittle pain in the butt since it is so packed their. I was a beautiful hot day and we also enjoyed the beach. Have fun and go with an empty stomach. this year also was hard to find a stand that sold soda. Last yrs, it was easy and they had it right infront of the stores. this yr, had to run around to find soda and drinks, kind of strange.

“Not worth the hassle”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I thought it was a ripoff! After driving around in circles it cost me $12 to park at a meter! Then they tried to force us to single file by closing the left lane THAT GOES INTO THE PARKING LOT. I ignored the sign and kept driving around until a spot opened up. Are they kidding or what? The other lots were charging $20 to park. It used to be $10.00 then the admission fee at $8 a person? Just to walk through the crowds! The crowds were so packed it was like walking through a crowded bus. I was disappointed with the food I got. $8 for tiny little portions that don't even fill a plate! With few healthy options. Once you got the food there was no place to sit down to eat it. They did provide a place to sit but the wait in line to get in wasn't worth the wait. It was overcrowded, average tasting food, and overpriced. I think I will not go back next year. Its just not worth the hassle.

Albany, New York
10 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Beach................Clean and not crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

i went to Hampton Beach over the Labor Day weekend. The beach is very clean and the people
were very friendly. Great place for seafood.

Visited August 2013
Cape Cod, MA
8 attraction reviews
“The Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been traveling to Hampton regularly since I was a kid. I love it! My favorite beach by far! The water is cold but the sand is always clean and the lifeguards do a great job!

Visited August 2013
Boston
9 attraction reviews
“Surf NH? Beginner? Don't be nervous like I was - come to Cinnamon Rainbows”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My 8 y/o and I took a surf lesson at Cape Cod in summer of 2013 and our instructor recommended that we check out the NH surfing to keep practicing. He said to go to Cinnamon Rainbows surf shop and rent some boards and wetsuits (a must) which we did on Labor Day weekend 2013 - I was nervous about showing up at a surf spot and not knowing what I was doing, but decided to try it anyway. showed up around 20 minutes after the shop opened and the line for board and suit rentals was 15 deep but moved quickly. They outfitted my daughter and I with beginner boards and wetsuits and recommended a local break (Jennes Beach) with a sandy bottom (important if you spend a lot of time bouncing off it like me). There were probably 70 or 80 surfers in the water when we got there but 95% of them weren't any better than I was and my fear of looking like an idiot or upsetting some locals disappeared quickly. There was also plenty of room for all. The shop provided a variety of options for strapping the boards to the roof of my Accord and the staff was super friendly and not at all pretentious. I'll be back soon - I do recommend a lesson if it's your very first time - not because you're going to learn a ton, but it helps erase the notion that there's anything magical about getting up on a board.