“Bright, Clean, Friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Hampton

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Hampton to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Hampton
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   815 Lafayette Rd, Hampton, NH 03842 (Formerly Inn of Hampton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Hampton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Bright, Clean, Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is quite nice. I booked it through Hotwire and was quite happy with it. My room had a high bare wood ceiling which was beautiful, and a very comfortable king sized bed. Staff let me park my motorcycle in front of reception so it was under shelter and on camera, which was great. Laundry on site was cheap and efficient.

Only downside, the pool is currently being renovated to make it accessible, for about another month if I remember right, but otherwise this is a nice property.

They offer check in specials through Yelp and FourSquare.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Hampton, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the kinda words. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff to be professional and accommodating. I hope that you will come back and see our completely remodeled indoor pool soon! We should be completed with the project shortly. One note: we do not offer any check in specials but I recommend signing up for the Best Western Rewards program to earn free nights, upgrades, and special offers. Best regards and thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
scranton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Booked using Priceline. Pleasantly surprised with the hotel and assigned room. Nice neat and clean. Hotel itself and room in the bldg were both in good locations. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Hampton, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments, I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will come back and see us again when you visit Hampton. Best.
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had a great stay. The service was prompt and check in and check out time was minimal. The room was clean and the hotel had a clean smell to it. The breakfast was great and the waitress was very helpful.It was the most quiet hotel that I can remember staying in. Would stay here again if we pass through this way again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Hampton, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review, I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon! Best.
Little Falls,NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I just returned home from this place, and I would recommend it, albeit somewhat hesitantly...

My room was clean, and "recently renovated", but certain aspects of it- such as the bathroom fixtures- were relics of the past... There were dirty little secrets in the closets, too, but the rooms were large and fairly well tended-to, overall.

The staff was terrific. I had to move after my initial check-in, and Diane K. went above and beyond to settle me into a room with a working heater. :) All sarcasm aside, she was perfectly professional and efficient, as was the rest of the desk-staff with whom I had dealings.

On the "down-side", my room phone didn't work no matter where I plugged it in, and the door didn't lock from the outside. I never leave anything of value in a a hotel room anyway, so that wasn't a huge deal to me, and the room could be dead-bolted with a little effort once I was inside for the night. I advised the staff as to the problems, and they were quick to assure me that things would be looked-into.

Maybe this was because I stayed there during off-season, but I loved the fact that the place was as quiet as a tomb. I slept like a baby there, on the second floor... And this place gets a huge thumbs-up from me for allowing me a late (12:30) checkout on a day when I had nowhere else to be until 1.

The internet rate of $85 for two or more consecutive nights was a bargain for the area, too. One could pay >$100 for a charmless hellhole on Beach Road in Salisbury, quite easily.

I'll likely stay there again, since I have a family member in distress in Amesbury... It's not bad at all, but the common-areas such as the corridors could certainly benefit from more frequent use of a vacuum cleaner. As long as they run specials for multiple nights and remain as accommodating as they've been so far, this place is my destination of choice in the area, and there isn't a lot of meaningful competition around there, from what I've seen.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Hampton, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments, it is our goal to provide a quality lodging experience and top-notch customer service and your feedback allows us to know how we are doing. I am sorry to hear your that stay did not go 100% smoothly, but I am glad that our staff was able to be of assistance. One note: our renovations are still on-going and the white, porcelain bathrooms vanities are slated for replacement. In closing, we here at Best Western appreciate your business and we wish you and yours a happy new year. Best.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at this facility two nights October 16 and 17 2012 on our return from exploring Maine. A note to any traveler is that October 15 is the "end of the season" in tourist areas in the northeast. We received an off season rate of $98.99 + $8.91 taxes per night which was a great deal for that area.

The facility was nice. Since I am a frequent BW guest, we were upgraded to a suite which contained a small stove and an extra TV in addition to the standard amenities. The bed slept wonderfully.

Our first morning, we drove west of the hotel to an Amtrak station in Exeter. For $60 or so total, my wife and I secured round trip tickets into Boston (1 hour trip) where we hiked the Freedom trail. The next day we drove into Boston to catch our flight out.

The breakfast was a full breakfast containing eggs and meat and a full compliment of other continental choices. Since this BW has a conference facility, they have urns of real, brewed coffee and not the coffee syrup mixed with hot water dispensing machines found in most other BWs. (I normally get a real brewed cup from the machine in the room at other BWs)

My only negative comment was that the business computer was woefully outdated in age and software. The computer was old and slow. The Amtrak site used flash but the computer didnt have it installed so I couldn't really use all of the functionality. Firefox was outdated as well as IE. When I went to print a PDF of my ticket, Adobe reader wasnt installed. A very nice person at the front desk allowed me to use his computer and print out my ticket but were it a busy time, he may not have been able to be so accommodating. I appreciated the help nonetheless.

I would certainly recommend this facility.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sunny_Limbachia, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS The Inn at Hampton, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed both your trip and our hotel. If your vacation travel brings you to the area regularly, we are just 3 miles from Hampton Beach, 8 miles from the historic sites of Portsmouth & Exeter, and just 60-90 minutes away from New Hampshire's lakes & mountains. I hope we will be welcoming you back to New England soon. (And we're in the process of updating the software & drivers on the guest computer!) Best.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the Best Western while visiting family in the area. We were on the second level and on the back side of the hotel. The room was very clean. The bathroom was spotless and I had no problem letting my toddler run around in her socks or barefoot in the room.The showers had plenty of hot water. 3 women showered, shaved and one toddler bathed and still plenty hot water! TV had lots of channels, there was a really nice wood ceiling in our room, a mini fridge and microwave. Large windows. The free breakfast in the morning was great. Many options: eggs, sausage, coffee, juice, muffins, one day we had breakfast sandwiches, pancakes. It wasn't 5-star food, but it was good and it's free. The pool was also very nice and clean. Free internet. I also had no problem with my cell phone and neither did my travel companions; we have 3 different services: Sprint, Verizon and AT&T.

My complaints: VERY little counter space in the bathroom. Well, no counter space. It had a very nice, fancy sink but no space to put makeup, curling irons etc. Also, walls were very thin. This is the only reason I didn't give 5 stars. We could hear the people next to us cough and hear their TV all night long, and we could hear people talking outside and in the hallways.

Room Tip: Pick a room at the back of the hotel, and the second level. There will be less street noise.