“July 21st - 28th” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nautical Motel & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Nautical Motel & Suites
You added Nautical Motel & Suites to your Saves list
147 Ashworth Avenue, Hampton, NH 03842   |
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Hampton
Massachusetts
“July 21st - 28th”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My wife and I along with our two grandsons arrived at the Nautical on July 21st and were greeted by Richard. He took me to his office and gave me our room keys. When he saw me open my trunk to unload our luggage he sent one of his employee's over to do it for us. When we got into our room it was clean to the eye and smelled very clean. The pictures on the internet were exactly the same as what we had for a room. Our bed sheets,wash clothes,and towels were changed daily. The room was also cleaned by their staff. The only issue we had was the air conditioner froze up and Richard took care of that immediately. All in all our stay at the Nautical (7/21-7/28)was very good. I do NOT know where these people came up with all the bad reviews but we never encountered anything like that.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I tried to be open-minded when booking a place for my friends and I to stay at Hampton Beach. I read the reviews for this place and thought "well, it can't really be that bad." I'm not hard to please and didn't expect anything spectacular for a motel on the beach. When I got there though, the manager was really short with us and just handed us keys. When we walked in, the futon was dirty, it smelled like must, and the beds were gross. I slept on a towel and used my own bedding. I didn't feel comfortable sleeping or walking around barefoot in my own space that I paid for. What a waste of money!!!!!! If you need a simple but nice place, try "Drift Resort Condos," "Kentville on the Ocean," or "Oceanside Inn." The Oceanside is a bit more expensive, but the other two not too bad. Trust me, ANYwhere is better than this dump.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

My family and I booked this hotel online and based on the pictures it looked like a nice place. Wow what a surprise. We arrived at what looked like a crack den for junkies. The deck wa about to fall off, the paint was peeling, the siding covered in mold. This all before we even opened the door. When we finally opened the door to our room we found what looked to be an abandoned home. Junk tag sale and free on the side of the road furniture. The fold out bed was a chair from the early 1970s. The 2 bedrooms were small with mattresses much older then I (I am 32) there were holes in the floor, holes in the wall, dust and dirt everywhere to say the least. Very unsanitary. We went in to check out the bathroom which hadn't been cleaned in some time and we were shocked even more when we noticed the shower had no shower head. Instead just a hole in the wall with a rusty pipe sticking out. This really threw us over the edge. We took our complaints to the "hotel manager" but apparently he was only the evening manager as he rudely explained to us. He said it was not his problem as we rented the room from the "day manager" and then began to yell at my wife. After that we decided it would be best to pack up our 2 small children and venture out at 9 pm on a Friday night to find another hotel. Please do your research about nautical motel before you call, you will find many horror stories about this place online. Learn from my mistakes and find another hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
Norwood, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We got to the motel on 7/6, and were first told no rooms were available,but then the clerk found a reservation with only my last name written down on a piece of paper.He told us he didn't believe anyone was in our room, so he went to it and looked in the window, jiggled the handle then handed us the key and said it must be ours.He said if someone comes in during the middle of the night to come down the next morning to see what they can do for us.We went to the room, and the towels in it were already wet, a few bugs were on the walls and floor, (a couple dead,a couple alive). We left within a few minutes and stayed at a different hotel that had super service and was clean.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brunswick, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This place is totally disgusting. They have foreign people working there for 8.00 an hour and they do not clean well at all. They put pictures up of one room looking clean which is probably a picture when they first opened the place 30 years ago.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere, picture looks good on computer but it is not good
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

nice place good people great neighbors prompt service all you can ask for well being at the beach and don't forget to drink at stacy janes

• Stayed May 2012
Medford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I did not have the experience that some are posting. A beach motel is a beach motel. It was clean, habitiable and close to the beach. The kids and I loved it.

Room Tip: Check out the room and talk to the management before renting.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Nautical Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!