“Modest digs, good value, friendly owner and great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Grayhurst Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
The Grayhurst Hotel
You added The Grayhurst Hotel to your Saves list
11 F Street, Hampton Beach, Hampton, NH 03842   |
Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Hampton
Manchester, Connecticut, USA
“Modest digs, good value, friendly owner and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the Grayhurst three times over the last few summers and have always enjoyed my stay. While the rooms are small and modest, they are clean and well kept, plus there have been recent upgrades like new beds, flat screen TVs, plus all of the rooms have a fridge. You also cannot beat the price, especially when compared to other hotels in Hampton beach that are trashy and run down. This classic hotel is located one block from the main drag and the beach. It also directly neighbors the ballroom and arcade, which hosts concerts all through the summer. I love being able to sit on the deck and hear the show perfectly- without dealing with the crowd! It also includes free parking with your stay. The owner is friendly and will give recommendations for restaurants and the like. I feel like I'm staying at a family member's house! I'm sure I'll be back soon.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seekonk, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here 04/27/13 for one evening. The location for us couldn't be better as it's directly across the street from the Ballroom/Casino and we were in Hampton beach for a concert.

I cannot comment on the apartments on the property as we were in a "general" room on the 2nd floor. (This was the only room type available as the property was just opening for the season and the other rooms weren't ready yet).

The owner, Ken is very friendly and welcoming. The room, while small, was clean with a comfortable full size bed. There is a small fridge in the room along with a microwave and plenty of drawers under the platform bed. Note that there is not a flat iron or iron board in the room, not sure if there is one available to borrow.

We would definitely stay here again but I would like to try either an apartment or suite if there is one as more than one night in this size room would be difficult for us because we like to spread out.

A friend recommended Grayhurst to us and we're glad she did. Book it, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 10 is a corner room and has 2 windows.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Grayhurst is the best place that I have stayed in Hampton Beach, NH. The beds are comfortable, clean rooms, multiple sitting area to enoy the view. Ken is awesome and it's only steps away from from the beach!
We had a deck that let us be able to sit outside when we were'nt at the beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Willington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I would recommend coming to grayhurst by far. Starting with Just calling Ken to set up my vacation stay was great! And then my arrival he was still the same wants to make sure you have all you need & enjoy your stay! The Grayhurst is a perfect location,, friendly service & you have all you need in your room & it's super clean. And you are sooooo close to the beach, and boardwalk for shops,resturaunts and so much more! I can't wait to go again next year!

Room Tip: 2 room suite. Suite 11
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My girlfriend and I wanted a good affordable place to stay for our little vacation. Ken was really nice, respond to email very quickly, and the place was really clean. Not new, but really clean. I would recommend to anybody!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Overall, you can't beat it! Ken was fantastic, the location couldn't be any better and the place was very clean. The room is a bit small but perfect for a couple just there to sleep. It's got a perfect beach like atmosphere. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good time!

• Stayed August 2012
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We picked this hotel based on the Trip Advisor ratings and was not disappointed. This year we did a Mountain / Ocean Vacation, and the Grayhurst Hotel was our Ocean part of our vacation. Like someone said if you are looking for the Ritz and huge rooms go elsewhere. But if you are looking for a great location, friendly staff and owner, clean rooms, great prices this is the place for you.

It is a vintage hotel which looks like they are modernizing. With the rooms being small, the greatest thing that Ken has added is the new platform beds, Mattress and Pillows very comfortable, and ours had 3 drawers that pulled out and provided a huge amount of storage, which minimized the feeling of the small room as you could tuck a lot away. The maid was in and out fast and everything was clean and in order, excellent job. I was weary about the parking when making the reservations, but once we arrived I found out it was a 2 min walk down the street right at the police station, so that made me feel good about that. The hotel was so close to things, we parked the car and never went back until it was time to leave.

I don't know why I had this feeling, but I felt very safe and didn't have any worry about leaving things in the room. It was like family watching over us and our stuff. And after spending the first day at the beach, I knew I made the right choice after over hearing people talking about their hotels that they were staying at we knew that we made the right choice.

Also Ken was very helpful in making the most of our short two day stay. Will be back again and hopefully for a longer stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Grayhurst Hotel? Share your experiences!