“Disapointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 44 Hotels in Hampton
Sherbrooke, Canada
“Disapointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Well, beds were too soft and had flat pillows. Air conditioning was VERY noisy. The BBQ's were either broken or out of gas (1 worked). There were no playgrounds for the kids. The place was clean! I asked a question to the person who worked at the front desk and felt like I was disturbing her. She wasn't very helpful. We could see about 3 inches outside the door (with the door closed) and the blinds were to small for the window, we had to put a towel to hide the inside of the room. Needs paint and repairs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Brockton, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Like other reviewers mentioned, they took a picture of the backside of the hotel that looks nicer by the picture than it really is. We thought we were in the wrong hotel at first.

This place fit us for our girls weekend away, its close to Wally's and close to the beach. The rooms weren't well maintained and like someone else mentioned the lobby was not really a lobby. I hated standing there waiting for the lady, she kept answering the phone and it took a while to get checked in. When I had a question it took a while for her to offer assistance. Just was not exactly customer service friendly.

The rooms were a good fit for us for size, the best out of the 3 hotels I have tried up there. I liked the size and the extra area with the little mini kitchen. That was cool, nice size fridge, but again the rooms are not the Marriott and not very maintained. It's better than a campground, but for the price; you are paying for the location, not the room. So keep that in mind. I went into a few hotels while we were there trying to figure out for next years weekend away and some were worse than what we were in and some looked a tad better. I would even consider staying here again because of that little extra room with the kitchen, not because of anything else.

I did not like (I will stress this) that they made you pay for parking to keep your car there on Sunday. I've stayed up at Hampton Beach before at different hotels and they had no problem you leaving your car there after check out. This place; made us pay. After spending almost $700 for two rooms for two nights for only two spots, you would think that would have been something nice to include. Their lack of compassion made me angry; the guy was just flat out rude.

In the end; we had fun because you make the vacation your vacation. We were all together, the size of the rooms were great (not the best kept rooms but worked) and we were close to everything. We did not use the pool. I don't really think you can find a great, well kept hotel up in Hampton Beach that is modern. I've been to 3 hotels that have been higher priced that I never feel the hotel is worth the money. It's the location not the hotel we are paying for. I look at tripadvisor as my guide, so who knows where we will end up next year for girls weekend away.

The size of this place works, you don't have to walk down hallways inside a place and your close to everything. If they just put more effort into customer service (didn't nickel and dime you) and keeping the place better maintained they would have repeat business.. like me and my friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
manchester,vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Photos and descriptions on webpage are deceiving. Arrived to find only one parking space for our three cars/rooms. Lobby isn't even a lobby and again-take your credit card out of sight to do the charges.
Noisy, people yelling and swearing on the second floor-yelling at drunk (during the day) guys lounging on small grassy picnic area downstairs. Picnic table on patio outside door so there is no privacy unless you immediately close your shades. Walked into room to find dirty towel on towel rack, tp holder missing and fan cover missing--oh wait-they were in the bathroom under the sink. Filthy AC filter, plugs on and over counter for fridge, dirty carpet and outdated tv with minimal channels. Called 3 times for wifi--they called us back 3 hours later ... NEVER stay here again. Two other rooms we had were even worse with blood on toilets, filthy carpets, broken AC-cardboard with pen written on it for fan speeds and missing nobs.
NO noise control-drunken guests bothering us at picnic tables directly outside guest doors, smoke goes right into ac--no hotel owner in sight---UGH

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Pictures are misleading, the place might look nice, but it only shows the back area. The room itself wasn't too bad, BUT there were nails sticking out where the strip joining the rug and the kitchen floor were, have to be super careful or wear shoes. Don't bring a crawling baby. no sink in bathroom. ONE sink to use for bathroom, brushing teeth, and washing dishes and food prep, CAN YOU SAY EWWWWW! The partying noise was unbelievable! Went on until 4:30 AM one night! Each night we had broken up sleep; laid there for a few hours awake--yelling, arguing, running down the balconies. Management was virtually absent. The balconies from both buildings face one another with not much space between them, didn't even want to sit out there. No screen if you open up the huge window in kitchen, if you have kids, they'll probably fall out, we were on top floor. Wifi was very spotty.

Room Tip: I liked staying at The Sands, not far down the street. Price wasn't all that much different and...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I just returned from a 4-day stay at the Flagship Motor Court in Hampton NH. I booked this mini vaca in April requesting the King Room with Kitchenette. Prior to leaving, I checked their website to see if a coffee maker was included. There was no description of what the kitchenette offered on the site. I emailed the manager and received a one word answer, "Yes". No description of what kind of coffee maker (Mr Coffee vs. Keurig, etc). When we arrived at the room, it looked like all the other rooms in the picture portfolio, a fridge and a microwave. There was a hood range and fan, but no stove. I returned to the office and expressed there must be a mistake. I was told to go look in the cabinets, there was a coffee maker, toaster and a hot plate. So much for eating in. I can't decide if this was a deception on their part or if they just need to spell out on their site what is actually offered in the kitchenette.
The place itself is a little shopworn, some of it not looking rather safe. For example, the refrigerater had duct tape on the cord and there were nails sticking through the door. The bathroom tiles could use replacement and the hood above the non-stove needs to have the filter removed as it is grease coated.
To their credit, the room was clean and very quiet. Could not hear neighbors through the walls. The king size bed and pillows were very comfortable. The AC worked beautifully and if wanted, linens would be changed daily. It was not a horrible stay, but to be honest I will do my homework the next time and not go through one of those search engines that find the "best deal around."

Room Tip: All rooms face out to the courtyard that offers picnic tables and grills. Some of the other rooms ha...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Worcester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and i have been coming here for the past 7 years . Our son loves to come to Hampton Beach and always request we stay here. We have never had a problem or issues with cleaningness or anything else. Our son has many health issues and we would never expose him to anything that would jeopordize his health. We just stayed her this memorial weekend and as always we had a great time. I do not understand why people keep giving such bad reviews on this hotel which is so unfair. For the rate they charge i feel they offer more than enough comfort and amenities and if a person is expecting more than they should stay at a five star hotel. I reccomend this hotel to all my friends and i will advice you not beleive al you read go check it out yourself and you will see that thiis hotel is a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Selkirk ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

It was my first time there...so it was a last minute thing. Couldn't get the room until 3:30 got to the room and the door looked like it was busted in a few times...took a few times to get the lock to work...the cabinet doors were falling off, the bed was hard as a rock and the pillows had a yellow tint to them....the bathroom walls were peeling and Spiders all over the wall. After a few hundred mile trip you want to take a nice hot shower..well, take a shower before everyone else does because there was no HOT water. If your Military or Retired Military dont go! they pissed me off when they told me they dont believe in Military or giving a Discount...if There was anyplace else to go I would have left. I paid 253.00 for two nights and it was a Nightmare. Please dont waste your time here...There are plenty of places to stay...just dont do it here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Flagship Motor Court? Share your experiences!