“In need of updating...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 44 Hotels in Hampton
Palmer, Massachusetts
“In need of updating...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Family members were planning on staying here, so we decided to go along with them without reading the reviews. a week before hand, I made the mistake of reading the most updated reviews with talks of bed bugs and fleas. Panic set in, but I was locked in so we decided to brave the storm.

It wasn't horrible... but I wouldn't stay there again. We rented a king size w/ trundle for the kiddo. Her bed squeaked every time she moved on it. Ours was so low to the ground, I swear you could've just put the mattress on the floor. There was no box spring and I woke up every morning with a sore back. Only one outlet near the beds, so we had to keep unplugging and sharing. The fridge was new, but the AC was old. The bathrooms really were horrible though. Broken tiles and it just looked filthy. Thankfully I brought cleaning stuff just in case! The bedding was horrendous as well. We pulled everything off the bed and used our own.
For everything that we brought with us, we could've rented a house for the entire week!

We were on the 2nd floor, and the first night we heard people partying at the pool until 2:30am and the people upstairs from us were stomping around until midnight. You can hear EVERYTHING.

Way overpriced for what they provide.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Marlborough, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I called for rental. The oriental woman said she was outside and would call me right back. Never did. I called back 3 days later and she appologized. Was going to rent two rooms and due to her not calling me back she stated she would give me a really good deal. She quoted me $79 for each room. I told her I would call back the next day. I called back and an oriental man answered. She was in the background and he was talking with her and then told me that was not the rate and if I didn't like it to go somewhere else. At that point I said I would, and hung up. During my coonversation with the woman I mentioned some of the reviews I had read ans she blamed it on a neighboring hotel that was giving them a bad name. Obviously, they are giving themselves aa bad name. They also own the Flagship - Stay Away. I work in Customer Service and the way we were treated was horrible.

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

dirty filthy rooms they dont wash your bedding
or bathrooms they charged our credit card one price then when we got there said we had a smaller room and of coarse we were from out of state so we had to take it everything is booked solid in the summer months they have buckets under the sinks the bathroom door on the inside had holes thick dirt caked in the corners near the tub not to mention mold an fleas as well as when i turned the shower off the handle fell of

Room Tip: if you can go there ahead of time maybe a month or to to see it if you can or check for reviews
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Revere, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Made my reservation for one night stay online for a king bed. Things seems fine but 20 mins later got a phone call stating that the room type I've reserve ( even though clearly online its available) that its not available but for extra $20 I will get three beds. Why would i pay for 2 additional beds when i only need one. They did nothing to help the situation. I havent even stayed there yet and already im having problems.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cavendish, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Where to begin? The nasty beds? The nastier bathroom? The broken cups? The owners locking up and leaving at 10pm and not getting back till 8:30am? Maybe thats why a group of drunks that climbed the pool fence at midnight and raised unholy hell until 3am could get away with it? Worst place I have ever stayed at Hampton Beach hands down. The ONLY good thing here is the beach one block away. It was actually unbelievable. Words cannot describe. Never again.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Just recently stayed here for a couple days with family. Rooms are old and outdated, not all that clean. The TV remote did not work and we had to have them replace it. There were no drapes on the doors and you could see in on the sides even though there were blinds. Nice balcony though to sit out on. The AC worked fine, but overall the room was not excessively clean and one of the beds was really uncomfortable. There are only refrigerators in the room and some of the furniture was falling apart. The pool was supposed to be heated,but not really that warm. It was kind of dirty also. They had a jacuzzi that allowed 4 people at a time that was okay. Only parking for one vehicle, which was a pain as my husband came to meet us the next night and had to pay $10 more to park after paying quite a bit for a plain room, but it was at the beach. Would probably chose to stay elsewhere if I have a choice again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL! I booked a room at this hotel for 6/23/12. I booked it because I received a good rate on the hotel and it seemed fairly decent. 6/23/12 turned out to be an excellent beach day at Hampton. When I arrived to check into the hotel at 4:30 pm I was told they no longer had any rooms and they didn't have my reservation. When I told them when I booked, how I booked, they told me they cancelled the reservation due to not having all my credit card info. This surprised me because four days before my trip the Regal Inn charged me a deposit fee for my room. How could they do this without having my credit card info? I have since spoken with Expedia customer service who has confirmed the Regal Inn charged my credit card.

When I was turned away with no offer of help or a room I spoke to another guest who was staying at the Regal Inn. They had gotten a room as a walk up that day and they paid a much higher rate than what I had booked my room at. The Regal Inn gave away my room because it was nice outside and they could charge other people higher rates.

I am still trying to get my deposit back from the Regal Inn as well as filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of New Hampshire. Don't make the mistake I made. Don't book at this hotel.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Regal Inn of Hampton Beach? Share your experiences!