“Great view and food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Lawrence, Massachusetts
“Great view and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

This is a place to watch the beach and boulevard which catching a good seasonal meal. You sit on the deck and enjoy the weather and atmosphere.

Visited August 2014

New Hampshire
“Terribly average like all other restaurants on the Hampton Beach strip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We happened upon Bernie's this weekend after lounging on the beach all day. It was busy and looked appealing as it had two decks with one overlooking the beach. We were seated right away in a decent spot and started with the caprese skewers. I thought it was great that they had organic mozzarella on the menu, but the proportion of cheese to tomato was way off. Only a few tomatoes and a lot of cheese was present. It's usually the other way around so I wasn't quite sure how to feel. I ordered white wine and it was brought in a plastic cup and not very cold.

Next we had fried clams and shrimp skewers. Everything was OK. Some of the sides weren't good at all. The food was nothing to write home about, and I felt that our server even had a hard time recommending something when I asked what he thought was his favorite. Maybe he was well aware that it was all just "OK."

It has a great view but not nice enough for us to go back...especially with a $90 tab and sub par food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Great time and view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

It's my second time going to this place and looks like they gave it a nice renovation, busting a tropical ambiance, compared to the old pictures here presented.

I liked coming here because of its great view of Hampton Beach and to have some drinks while listening to live music. My grilled chicken sandwich was above average and I loved the blueberry BBQ sauce. The service might be slow if it's busy, but I find the team to be very attentive. I had a beer that wasn't good and they changed it for me with no problems or extra charges.

Maybe the only negatives I notice are, if it's windy you won't have peace, the bathroom looks a bit old, and you'll always want the front seats, but they will not always be available. I'm definitely going back to enjoy the rest of the Summer.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tewksbury, Massachusetts, United States
“Decent food in an outdoor beach bar atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Went here for dinner ..service was a little slow but it was a busy Saturday night. Typical bar atmosphere in an outdoor setting with big screen TVs set in the walls. Drinks were decent and food was pretty good. Even the dishes all around us looked very appetizing. .two drinks and 2 steak tip dinners cost us roughly $60:00 before the tip. Easy walk from our hotel on Ashworth Ave so it was definately worth it. Would go back fo sure .

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, slow service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We decided to stop here for afternoon drinks/appetizers. We went upstairs and were immediately seated at a table overlooking the beach. The waitress was over right away to take drink order and was very friendly. I got a beer and my fiance got a frozen margarita. The margarita was weak and nothing special... especially for $10 or whatever. We got the lobster rangoon app and the hummus/tabouleh app. Both came out very quickly. The rangoon was superb...highly recommended. The hummus plate was good... lots of veggies, pita etc. But once done with our drinks and food, we sat there quite a long time with no visit from our waitress. Finally at some pointisaw her in the distance and got her attention to bring the check. We paid cash to avoid waiting even longer. Was $50 with tip, little pricey for a snack and a drink but typical of Hampton eateries on the beach.