“Unprofessional and Disrespectful” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Janmere Motel

Janmere Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Janmere Motel
52 Ashworth Avenue, Hampton, NH 03842   |
Ranked #20 of 43 hotels in Hampton
Springfield, MA
“Unprofessional and Disrespectful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2008

Totally Unprofessional and Completely Disrespectful!!

I telephoned the Janmere Motel the day before my arrival into the Hampton Beach area. I spoke to a woman at the front desk (Possible Owner) and inquired about the availability of a room for a single elderly gentleman. I had business in town and preferred to stay along the shore. I was informed that YES, they had rooms available and they only accepted cash or travelers checks. I said that would be great! I would arrive the next day, shortly after 12 noon (Earliest check-in time) and I'd be paying cash. I gave the woman my name and asked if there was anything else required for my room and reservation? I was told NO!
While traveling the next morning, I repeatedly attempted to contact the Janmere to get some basic directions to their Motel and received NO ANSWER. Once I arrived in the Hampton Beach area, I went to the Janmere to find NO ONE in the office & check in. WHAT?? Office Closed? I called the Janmere Motel number and another woman answer the phone. I informed her of my conversation with them yesterday and the reservation I had made. I was told in a very disrespectful tone and attitude, "They're all gone for the day!" They won't be back!. I asked, "What about the reservation I had made for that evening? Rudely I was told, "What about it ~ They're gone!!"
I COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS!" What was the purpose of our conversation yesterday? Why was I told that YES they had rooms available for my stay on 9/15? Why then provide information on "cash only" and travelers checks? Why be so disrespectful and in my opinion dishonest about everything? WHY IS THE JANMERE IN BUSINESS??
STAY AWAY!! My thoughts turned to when I was younger with my wife and our young children, and if then, how we would have been left high and dry! Thank goodness it only me, an elderly gent searching for a place to stay (Pay) for the night!
Shame on you Janmere!!

• Liked — Nothing!!
  • Disliked — Everything!!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

This past Saturday my mother, my two young children, and myself went to Hampton beach for the day. My mother was planning on staying over night and my husband was going to drive down after work and drive my children and I home. We came across the the Janmere hotel which looked clean and had a pool, my mother went inside paid for a room and was told only registered guests could be on the property or use the pool. We went in the room used the bathroom and put the kids in the carriage and headed up to the beach. As we were walking out of the parking lot the women (owner??) walked right up to me and asked are you a registerd guest and told us we couldn't be on the property my mother said thats why we are leaving. We were gone for at least three hours, my husband arrived so my daughter and I walked back to the room to get our bags and carseats. As soon as I shut the door the young man driving the golf was knocking on the door telling me to go up to the front desk they wanted to refund our money. I was in such shock I couldn't believe we were being treated like this. I went up to the front desk and asked what the problem was the nasty women said she wanted my mother to leave because she had "visitors". I said I don't understand we were literally in the room for five minutes and now i was just getting my bag and carseats so we could go home with my husband. She said that this was the policy and they have to do the same for everyone. And to top it off they didn't even refund all of my mothers money. I still am furious and can't belive that happened. Do NOT stay at the Janmere Motel!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — nothing!!!!
  • Disliked — The owners or staff!!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

My family has been staying at the Janmere for over 10 years now. It is by far the cleanest and quietest hotel in the Hampton Beach area. The staff is friendly and helpful, and make you feel welcome. We have been going to Hampton Beach once a year for 20 years now, so we tried out quite a few hotels before we found this one. Now this is the only place we will stay. It is a block back from the beach, so it is a quick walk to the boardwalk and the beach. The pool is immaculate, as is the parking lot. We highly recommend this hotel, especially to families who are looking for a clean, family-type hotel.

• Liked — Great location and very clean accomadations.
  • Disliked — The room decor could be updated.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2006

We stayed here and loved it. The owners were very friendly and the rooms were spotless. The location is perfect right behind the heart of town. They take cash only which is fine for us. We will be back for many years to come.

Ang

• Liked — friendly and great customer service, very clean and big rooms
  • Disliked — Like all the hotels on the beach they are older buildings so if your used to a marriott this is much different but quaint in my opinion.
  • Tips/Secrets — enjoy the clean groomed beach. This hotel is has great customer service and cares about the guest.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2006

We arrived in Hampton Beach for a concert without reservations and after driving around for about an hour we pulled into one hotel that looked a bit scary without even stopping we left and pulled into the Janmere. I asked to see a room and although small it was clean and exactly what we needed, but I let my better half make the decision and she liked it.

It was a little unusually to see a property not taking credit cards but you knew it when you first walked in, no discounts for AAA or extended stays, but they were upfront with it. The second thing told us was no visitors which was also noted in the room.

It was right across from the concert so it worked out great.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
rutland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2006

Aug.6th-9th, 2006.
myself and my husband and another couple rented two rooms without reservations and were accomodated with two rooms together. the rooms are not huge but comfortable and clean. we had a/c and a fridge. the staff was very friendly and the security very comforting. the grounds and pool are extremely well maintained. if the fact that they do not take credit/debit cards nor do they have maid service,does not bother you, you will be very happy here. i only wished they had fitted sheets and a clock.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — no fitted sheets
  • Tips/Secrets — bring cash
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2005

This was our second stay at the Jan-mere in 12 years and not much has changed. The rooms are large and CLEAN. NO musty mildew odors that are so often found at a beach side resort. Our room was on the 1st floor and had 2 double bed and 1 twin bed and a full size fridge and freezer. out side of the room there were 2 chairs and table to relax in while the rest of the family gets ready. This is a stand alone motel,which means it is not located above a restaurant or souvenier shop like so many of the motels in hampton beach. The pool was spotless with umbrella tables and lounge chairs and i belive it to be heated. A great stay and perfect location, one block off beach but easily walked. dunkin donuts is 3 minute walk for a.m. coffee!

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Janmere Motel? Share your experiences!