“Good points AND Bad???” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Janmere Motel

Janmere Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hampton
Janmere Motel
You added Janmere Motel to your Saves list
52 Ashworth Avenue, Hampton, NH 03842   |
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Hampton
Pawtucket
“Good points AND Bad???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Okay...let's start with the good points. It's clean. Great location...near everything. Great security...anyone steps on that property that doesn't belong.....and they are on top of them immediately! Nice pool. Now for the bad...well.......they ask you to keep your kids quiet...umm....the kids are on vacation.....how do you keep kids quiet in a pool? They are SUPER strict about their "rules". Break one..and prepare to be be-headed! They are on the expensive side for dated rooms....very drab and dreary...almost depressing. The bedspreads are from the 60's...please...splurge and update some. You feel like you are under watch 24/7...because...YOU ARE! They need to take a chill pill...and spend some money on renovations...and most of all..come down on their prices...the Taj Mahal...they ain't !

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Ok, first I have to say the Janmere is getting a bad name for no apparent reason. They are strict and very tight security, I have no problem with that. The rooms are clean and new carpeting was recently installed. The beds are firm, the room had a full refrigerator. The only thing I would recommend is putting in microwaves. The pool area is immaculate and the pool itself is crystal clear, I have been to a lot of pools and it is so dirty and cloudy you can''t even see the bottom. It is close to the beach and the Sea Shell Stage, perfect. I would not hesitate to stay here again. We will be back....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Enfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

I just finished reading the reveiws from people about the Janmere and i am shocked at what i read . It seems the biggest issues people have is the no credit cards accepted and no guests allowed . Personally i pay for vacations in cash , if i use credit cards for my whole vacation then i should not b there . Its not an inconvenience its the way it is . As far as guests go , who would want to spend their vacation entertaining , vacation is a get away to relax , maybe u should buy some property there so u can set your own rules . The people at the Janmere work very hard for us customers , if u have a complaint or issue just go to them . Dont wait until u get home and hide behind ur computers and make them look bad because YOU didn't have cash or ur friend could not come over for a drink . Business is Business , and if those two issues ruined ur vacation shame on u not them . I prefer to stay at a motel that is clean , friendly , close to everything i need . Hey i wake up and 3 minutes later i am drinking a Dunkin Donuts Coffee . Many motels offer what you are looking for but what if one night you just wanted quite and your neighbors wanted to have a party , tons of fun right ????? Hey , its all in what you want for ur vacation , not every place is for everyone but you will never find a better place that has the whole package than the Janmere . Its kind of funny , i would love to see all of the complatints open motels and run them there way , they would not last a season . Janmere and Staff Rocks , speaking of that , i have to go pack for my getaway at the Janmere . Oh no, i cant find my credit card and i have to tell my freinds they cant visit me . No biggy i need a break from them anyway , and i can hit the bank on the way out . Lovin it in Ct

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Worcester, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

I returned today from a visit to the Janmere Motel. I must say that when I first arrived I thought it was great. It appeared very clean and the room we were in was larger with many updates.

I was informed at check-in that only registered guests could be in the rooms, and I can respect that. When we returned to our room last evening a friend of mine had to use the bathroom. I'm thinking no harm done right? This meant a visitor for 3 minutes while using the bathroom. We were approached by a "boy" driving a golf course and we were told that no guests are allowed. We explained that this person only used the bathroom. Words were then exchanged and we were told "that we should check out"!!!!!!! In addition to that we were told that we can never stay there again (like I was planning to anyway)!!!!!! After this ordeal we sat outside for a few moments. The "boy" in the cart continued to watch us and make us all feel uncomforable. I was ready to come home and rave about this place, but after that incident there is no rave about Janmere!!!! Save yourself the headache and constantly being watched like a hawk and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

We discovered the Janmere Motel about six years ago, after going to Hampton Beach for several years. We discovered it quite by accident and have been going there ever since.
It is one of the cleanest, well-maintained motels in the Hampton area. It's location is great as it is off the main street, but an easy walk to the beaches and strip. It is family oriented and has staff on all night, so you feel a sense of comfort. The rooms and pool are clean and well-maintained. The service is great, owners and staff very accomodating. We are from Vermont and try to make it to Hampton at least once a summer and more if possible - we always return to the Janmere. We would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dalton Ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

Very unique place, my second stay...it's all been said before, let me say it short and sweet..

great location, park the car and just walk...

ultra amd I mean ULTRA clean..even the parking lot..

Ancient rooms...paneling..old chairs you name it OLD.

Hand towels not BATH towels..

NO VISITORS Please...

If YOU have to be alpha dog...please find another place, but ig you can follow the rules, and like a clean qield place run by prison guards, you have found Nirvana..

now the price..I just paid $125 a night for room 3..two full size beds...is that good? remember no maid service, make up your own beds if you care to...get you own fresh towels [small] at the office and one bucket of ice..

but you know what? ain't nuthin' deluxe in Hampton Beach...why expect it in a motel room...

I'd go back in a minute!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Québec
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

Someone recommanded me this motel in Hampton Beach so I found the phone number on internet and made a reservation. I dont know what happened but I made a mistake on dialing the number and called an other Motel and make a reservation (my mistake).
When I arrived at the Janmere Motel, after a 7 hours drive with my 2 young childrens, I was told very unpolitely that I had no reservation at this Motel and to please leave. I went bach to my car, a bit desesperate and called my credit card company to try to sort it out (try to find my reservation...) The lady at the office sent the janitor 2 times to kick me out of the parking lot (where I was since 3 minutes on the phones and not disturbing anybody or anything) He was very rude with us even if I asked for just 5 minutes to fix my problem.) He forced us bach on the street with the kids not attached in their car seats....

I dont understand how these people can still be in business. Please dont encourage them.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Janmere Motel? Share your experiences!