“Nice and good” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 101 Restaurants in Hampton
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Enjoy oceanside dining at Breakers Restaurant, open for lunch and dinner daily. With a refined yet casual, pub-style atmosphere, Breakers is a favorite among hotel guests and Hampton Beach locals alike. Sample our award-winning Clam Chowder, try one of our seafood specialties, or order up a zesty specialty pizza. Cap the night off with a specialty drink in Breakers bar or dance the night away with our DJ or Live Band. During the summer, Breakers features a sumptuous breakfast buffet on Saturdays and Sundays.
montreal
“Nice and good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

good food and service, nice atmosphere, even if a little bit expensive. It is worth trying it for a drink or a meal, Buffet breakfast is very good qualitu/price ratio

Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Great seafood, friendly staff...good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Been to this restaurant a few times, it's decent. The menu has a wide variety with a great selection of seafood. The staff are very friendly, everyone seems to enjoy their jobs. :)
Your meal is served quickly and there is no issues with substitutions.
If you are not staying on the beach, parking may be a bit tough... but as long as you don't mind a 5-10 minute walk you'll be fine.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield, MA
“Diverse menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Ordered mahi mahi and fish sandwich, both with sweet potatoe fries. The mahi mahi was basically raw and was sent back. The fish sandwich was cooked well. The sweet potatoe fries were the best I've had, nice and big. They comped our lunch due to the issue with the mahi mahi so we used our $10 groupon on a snack later which was pork sliders. The sliders were oozing with pulled pork. Better restaurant than most on the strip. Don't know if I'd eat there without the coupon?

Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Top Honors for Breakers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

My adult children and I just returned from a long weekend at Hampton Beach. We drove up on a stormy afternoon filled with pelting rain and blustery winds. Checked into the Ashworth by the Sea hotel and just didn't want to venture outside when it came time for dinner. Decided to eat at one of the three restaurants in the hotel...Breakers. We were so impressed with our dinner the first night there that we came back for dinner the next night and ate the breakfast buffet two days in a row there.

The service was tremendous. We were seated within 15 minutes for dinner and never waited in line for seating for the breakfast buffet. There were six of us so we weren't really a small party. Our orders were taken quickly and our food arrived in no time. The waitstaff were friendly and attentive and checked on us often. They recognized us after our first visit and even called us by name when we came back again. Nice touch Breakers!

At our first dinner we got an appetizer for the table...our server suggested that the nachos would be big enough for us to share. We decided to top ours off with the pulled pork option in addition to the cheese, black beans, jalapeños, roasted corn, chopped tomatoes, and scallions that were already heaped high on them. Man...these nachos were tasty and just the right size for all of us to munch on before our entrees arrived. Some of us ordered beer to swig down with our nachos, while others sipped on the coconut lime margaritas and the ginger-pear martinis. Dinner for me was a land and sea combo with an absolutely perfectly cooked medium rare, melt-in-your-mouth filet, four big baked stuffed shrimp and grilled asparagus. Yeah...it was all good and I left nothing on my plate.

At our second dinner I picked one of the specials...a pan seared snapper topped with a grilled fresh pineapple slice sitting on a bed of rice that must have had some coconut in it and grilled asparagus. We skipped the appetizer this time and decided to save room for dessert. We were celebrating one of my daughter's birthdays so we also asked for a bottle of champagne for the table. I ordered the fudgey wudgey chocolate cake...it was dark and rich and moist and oh so delicious. One of my daughters ordered the smores dessert tray and this was so very cool. A table top smores station on a large plate complete with a mini sterno grill, graham crackers, chocolate bars, and marshmallows, as well as strawberries and peanut butter cups for a little extra special twist. This was a big dessert and was definitely enough to share. It looked like a lot of fun to eat. There was a small child at the table next to us and he was eating his meal out of a boat. Love the special details Breakers!

The breakfast buffet was very convenient and there were lots of options to choose from for our morning meal after our long walks in the early AM on the beach to see the sunrise. Scrambled eggs, plain and blueberry pancakes, waffles, bacon, sausage, french toast, red bliss potatoes, loads of fresh as ever fruit, cold cereal, yogurt, pastries and breads. I even had a mimosa the first morning. The food on the buffet was plentiful and always looked fresh. The waitstaff were quick with coffee and juice and showed up just in time to remove your empty plate so you could head back up for another helping if you were so inclined.

I will definitely enjoy more meals here whenever I am at Hampton Beach. I guess I could get very picky and find one small area that could be improved. The dinner rolls that came with the meals were very generic, store bought, pull apart style dinner rolls. Just kind of didn't match the rest of the food that was being served. I am not a big bread fan, so it really didn't bother me, but some nice home-baked speciality breads would be a higher caliber offering for their guests.

Derry, New Hampshire
“Great lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Lunch specials were delicious and plentiful. Happy hour was also terrific. Draft beer and appetizers were great.

Visited July 2013