“Excellent Location and Staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Ashworth by the Sea
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   295 Ocean Blvd., Hampton, NH 03842   |
Ranked #6 of 43 hotels in Hampton
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Excellent Location and Staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The location of this hotel is by far the best on Hampton Beach. I have been visiting the area ever since I was a child and among all the run down shanty type motels scattered along the coast this is without a doubt your best option for a more "luxury" experience. I use that term very loosely as you are still staying at Hampton Beach but I was very pleasantly surprised and will certainly be returning in the future.

The rooms are a decent size and of beach appropriate decor. They all have balconies that are very nice to enjoy ocean views. If you are a smoker they do not allow smoking anywhere on the property, even on the balconies, and my guess is because they are all pretty close to your neighbors. Depending on what building you are in you may or may not be private from your neighbor’s balcony. Some or open to others while some or slanted to the side to provides privacy.

My fiancé and I stayed for a weekend with several other couples and the staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. The free valet parking is a nice touch and the food was good. They have an indoor pool although we did not use it so I can't say very much about that. We did however enjoy the bar scene downstairs and had an excellent time. They have a dj and dancing and we loved the short walk to our room after enjoying a few adult beverages.

All in all if you are planning a stay on the beach but want some nicer accommodations than the usual hotels and motels this is a must do. If you are a local celebrating an anniversary or birthday and want a romantic weekend away with some great entertainment at night this is a must do.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashworth_By_The_Sea, Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Mr. Costanza,

Thank you for your kind words. We are delighted that you "returned" to the Ashworth and enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you the next time !

Warm regards,

499 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Southern, NH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We bought a package deal that included one night for 2 adults and 2 kids stay free. The package was supposed to be an amazing deal. The morning we were set to go, I went on their website to see how much the rooms were that night...the EXACT same price with AAA (a $10 savings from their regular price) as the "amazing" deal I had purchased in advance. Upon arriving, we discovered that we were only allowed a tiny room with one bed. When I asked where the 2 kids were supposed to sleep, we were told in the bed with us. This was a very uncomfortable set up with 2, 10 year old boys with you and one of them is not yours. We could get cots for them if we wanted but that would be $10 each and only 1 fits in the room.
Also, don't be fooled by the "view of the ocean" from a side room. You will be extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by them telling you that you can see the ocean from a side room, it's mislea...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Ashworth_By_The_Sea, Manager at Ashworth by the Sea, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Road Trip 3,

Please accept our apologies for your less than acceptable experience. We regularly participate in several on line promotions, such as the one your purchased and your feedback is very valuable in ensuring these programs' future success at our property.

As it was a sold out evening, we were not able to upgrade you to a room that would have accommodated 2 adults and 2 children. Unfortunately, the reservation request was made reflecting 2 adults. We simply did not know about the children in advance.

We do hope you will give us another chance to demonstrate our typical high standards of excellence and appreciate your taking the time to share your comments.

Best Regards,
Lebanon, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I loved this place ....I was with my girl friends, we were tired of walking around on the beach, looking for parking. This place has valet parking which was great. It is worth the money ! The Sand bar has live music ( check the restaurant website). The beach is across from the bar. You sit there, with your drinks, watch the sunset, listen to the live music, eat your dinner. It is a LOVELY experience. I have been to a few beaches myself but this was a great experience. My friends were visiting from Texas and they thought they were in heaven ! The breeze takes away all your worries. refreshes you. The bar is well kept, clean and I loved this place. I would go there again and again and again !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The location of the hotel is great, but we had a side room because the deal we received from Groupon.com (and I was aware of that so it was not a surprise or issue). But if I had paid peak rates I would not be pleased. The girls at the front desk were very pleasant. And the young man working as the valet was friendly and helpful. The meals we had at the restaurant were great as well as the coffee shop. The couple issues I had were that the decks are in need of TLC, I didn't sleep well even though the bed was very comfortable, I could hear everything through walls and floor above (we were on the first floor with at least one young child that was VERY active directly above us and other noises from a young in love couple nearby). I thought the room was very clean until we moved the sheets to go to sleep and noticed something overlooked on the bed skirt.

Room Tip: Ocean view from the front of the bldg is a must.
Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I along with another couple stayed April 13-14 at Ashworth by the Sea, our first time staying there. It was also our first time staying at Hampton Beach, and after researching on Trip Advisor (and once again the reviews were spot on), we chose this nice hotel. We wanted a place within walking distance to the attractions especially the Casino Ballroom since we had tickets to see the band America who were playing there that night (they were excellent!). The location is awesome, right across the street from the ocean, the staff is so friendly and efficient, and it's very clean. For lunch we had some appetizers in their Breakers restaurant and also ate dinner there that evening, and we had breakfast the next morning in the Wharfside Cafe, all very good. The wait staff were so friendly, and service was great.

Our room was clean, fairly small, and we got a good off-season rate, but the walls were thin where we could hear a lot of noise from others in surrounding rooms.

All in all, Ashworth was a great find, and we would not hesitate to stay there again the next time we are in the Hampton Beach area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Buxton, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed with a group of friends there last weekend and we had an absolute blast! From the guy who came out and drove my car to the parking place to the random employees I dealt with while there, they were all awesome!!! It was the off season, but you'd never know it. The place was sold out-packed and I couldn't possibly come up with a bad thing to say about the place! We stayed in the summer cottage. It was beautiful, well stocked, and super comfortable. I'd recommend anyone stay there. Whether you stay in the hotel or the cottage, you will have fun for sure. Super helpful employees all over to help you with whatever your needs may be!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was our first time to Hampton Beach and we were there to enjoy a concert for the weekend. It was important that the room be right because there were 4 of us sharing and it was. We all loved it and the beach in the morning was beautiful and sunny and warm. Couldn't have asked for more. Everyone from the Valet boys to the front desk were very welcoming and eager to please.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and book the beach side with balcony. It is worth it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ashworth by the Sea? Share your experiences!