“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Gorham
Toledo, Ohio
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was a pleasant little surprise along the way. Every now and then it is good for the soul to stay in lodging that reminds you of yesteryear. Nothing fancy, but the well-sized room and comfy bed was just what these weary travelers needed. Nice and quiet for a good night's sleep. The view of the golf course was green and lush, and the grounds were blooming springtime flowers. Did not eat in the restaurant, but there was one available. My husband said the large exercise room had old equipment, if that would matter to a guest.

Room Tip: We stayed on the road side overlooking the golf course and loved the view. But the other side was o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Scott L, Owner at Town & Country Inn and Resort, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. These allow us to do a better job for our guests in the future. We are happy that you were comfortable with your accommadations. Perhaps next time you can enjoy our dining room and some great New England Cuisine!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Owls Head
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've stayed here 6-7 times, usually with kids, and I've always be happy. I stayed here yesterday during a powerful storm. The electricity was knocked out shortly after checking in. The power was out for about 6 hours. The management handed out candles and water. I was able to get a glass of wine in the bar, by candlelight. But there was no power, no running water, no food, and no pool or air conditioning. I realize there's nothing the owners or management could do about the power. The power was restored around 9 PM. When I checked out I asked the woman at the reservation desk if the resort was "extending any discounts". She laughed and said, "No. It was out of our control". I realize it was out of your control. I'm not stupid. But the ownership, management or employees DID NOTHING for the guests. They did not offer any food, free rooms, discounts, breakfast.....nothing. The BEST response to my question should have been, "What did you have in mind? or What can we do to make this work for you?" Instead the management or employees hid behind the power company and OFFERED NOTHING to the guests. Very foolish. I talked to more than a dozen guests who were amazed there was no backup power, or that nothing was offered to the guests. The management could have brought food in, grilled cheeseburgers and turned it into a party. Instead, they hid behind the power company. Not good. The rooms have been upgraded, and the General Manager was very helpful, friendly and professional. But I think they missed the boat on this one.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly remodeled room, away from the pool, and ideally away from other guests. When you obt...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the review. I am the person you spoke with and am sorry you feel we should have done more during this situation. As I mentioned, 3 hours is about as long as I have seen the power go out, so 6 was considerably more. Hiding behind the power company we were not, as most people understood it was beyond our control. I don't know of any hotel that has any back-up power, New York City was out for days last summer! As I had mentioned, the other side of town had power and available restaurants. Having a cookout in the darkness would have been more dangerous than anything. Fortunately we rarely loose power, unfortunately it did happen while you were here.
Goffstown, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here on Memorial Day Weekend. From the outside, the place looks really nice. Its a big facility with plentity of room for toys. Snowmobiles in the winter, and ATV's in the summer. However, the rooms are old, and in need of remodeling. Our shower was not working properly, and there were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling. In addition, I had to fix the sink. The stopper would not go up and down easily. Maintanence came and put on a new shower head, but that wasn't the problem. I knew that, and told them so. I've stayed here before, and it wasn't this bad. The place is tired, and needs some work. The indoor pool was cloudy; it didn't look clean. It was raining, and the roof was leaking into the pool. It could be a nice place, but they need to spend a little money on the place. We didn't use the restaurant on this trip.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel..
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Berlin, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Front desk royally messed up my reservations. Fourth day they had to move me to another room because they messed up the booking and when I got upset about it, they said to go somewhere else if I didn't like it. That was the best advice they could have gave me. I went up the road a half mile and stayed at the Royalty Inn which is cleaner with modernized rooms. I thought the Town and Country rooms in the lower level building were outdated with bathrooms from the 70's but when they tried to move me into the building up in back of the office, it was terrible worst rooms I have ever seen. I wish I had taken some pictures. I am only the road 5 days a week and this is the worst place I have ever stayed at, with the arrogant management and worn out rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Scott L, Owner at Town & Country Inn and Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for signing up on Tripadvisor to post your first review! I am most sorry you feel we messed up your reservation, but by requesting a 5:00pm checkout on a Friday night of a holiday weekend, we were not able to keep you in that particular room. The attendant offered to move you to a different room to accommodate your request and only after your profanity filled tirade did she ask you to stay elsewhere.
After having had thousands of room nights from your construction co-workers over the past 18 months, we have had been very accommodating and sorry we were not able to please you.
Good Luck!
Lisbon Falls, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I have been going to the town and country inn for 14yrs now each and every year we go back we always say cant wait for next year ,from the moment you check in until you check out the staff is amazing, our rooms have been beautiful, the scenery around you is breath taking .the food is excellant , when we travel elsewhere we always compare our stay to the town and country, havent found anyone to beat them yet !! keep up the great work TC we love it there

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Grantham, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My Husband and I went to the Town & Country Inn for a weekend snowmobile event. Unfortunately there wasn't much snow (as was most of the state at the time) so we chose not to bring our snowmobiles. We still had a good time. We went out to dinner twice and enjoyed dancing at the inn in the evening. We went there 11 years ago for New Years Eve. Both times the night life was a lot of fun for us! The building are not connected for all activities (the pool and restaurant are in different buildings) but an easy walk for anyone. The rooms are older, but clean. The staff was friendly. Its a convenient location up north and definitely an affordable lodging option.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have just returned from a weeks skiing in New Hampshire with our school, St Annes Catholic High schoo for Girls in London. We were very impressed with the level of service offered to all guests. It was a very friendly place and all staff were very helpful indeed.
The accomodation was very comfortable and the quality of food in the restaurant was very good indeed.
We would certainly consider the Town and Country inn for any further trips to the New Hampshire area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Scott L, Owner at Town & Country Inn and Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We are so happy to hear everyone had an enjoyable time here at the T&C. The group was well behaved, polite and easy to please. Hopefully the rest of the trip, from the skiing, shopping and flights were as pleasant as your stay at the Town & Country. We look forward to your return!

Been to Town & Country Inn and Resort? Share your experiences!