“Wild Ride down the Rapid River” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Raft NH is the premier whitewater rafting outfitter in NH and offers the closest Class IV rafting experience to Boston! With trips ranging from mild class II to wild class IV there is a trip for everyone. All of our rafting adventures are all inclusive and include: safety gear, an experience guide(s), transportation to and from the river from our convenient raft base in Gorham, a light riverside snack and lunch! We also offer flatwater rentals (canoes, kayaks, stand-up-paddle-boards and river tubes) for your unguided flatwater exploration. Be sure to ask about our "Paws & Paddles" package which combines daytime whitewater rafting and evening rolling dog sledding adventures all into one adventure packed day.
Candia, New Hampshire
“Wild Ride down the Rapid River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have to tell you that if you have been white-water rafting before, or for that matter, never have been, you MUST check this river out. Incredible hits and the fast moving currents make for an adrenaline rush that you will tell everybody you know and people you don't know about. Raft N.H. guides and employees were top notch. They were friendly and helpful from the time they direct you to park your vehicle, signing in, assigning guests gear, the safety speech, they fun bus ride, the white-water experience, the lunch after the trip, to the picture show at the end. I work for another rafting comping in Maine and I have to say that all the staff at Raft NH are top notch professionals. I was impressed from beginning to end. If you are going rafting, ride with Raft NH. You will have the time of your life. Thanks for reading.

Billerica, Massachusetts
“Whitewater rafting in NH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I took my two old-ish kids (18 and 22) and two friends for our first rafting experience on the Errol Rapids trip. On our excursion, there was another family of 5 with younger kids (8-11years old). We had a lot of fun, and the guides, Ryan, Zack and Kristen, were great--helpful and informative. We took a total of 4 trips down a 1-mile stretch of the river. Be advised each time you get out, you will have to help lug the boats back up a few hundred feet of dirt road to the bus and trailer. Although advertised as Class II, this stretch of river didn't seem that challenging to us. Probably perfect for the young kids, though. The first trip down, everyone rode in the 2 rafts. After that, the guides offered us the use of big inner tubes or inflatable kayaks. Everyone chose one of those, and I think only one of the small kids rode the raft once after that. For a first rafting trip it was OK, but I think we could have handled something more challenging like the Class III trips that are only offered on the weekends. You will have fun though. (Bring your own water shoes as the ones they loan don't drain water.)

Boston, Massachusetts
“Clench level midnight! Pucker up and hang on tight because it’s gonna get wet and wild and AWESOME.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Mkay, so picture this, you are up in the middle of nowhere, beautiful, magic kingdom, New Hampshire kickin it old school with some bros on a bachelor party. This guy Brady (ok human) is getting married to this girl Grace (top of the top type of lady, maybe she needs better perscription glasses). You make a terrible decision and drive up to New Hampshire on a Friday night after work and drink boatloads of craft New Hampshire beers and then end the night with scotch like a genius. Most guys call it quits after Friday, chill a bit Saturday play some Polish horseshoes and think that it was a great weekend. WRONG sissy bros!

Instead, we WTFU at 5:30 in the AM. Smashed outta our beds and headed downstairs. Made 16 eggs and got in the car about as green around the gills as humans could be. We drove from Franconia up to good ole Gorham New Hampshire the city that is known for…being Gorham New Hampshire. MAJESTY!

We had a reservation set for 8 handsome guys with RaftNh.com. We got there and were directed to go park behind a Burger King. Opened up the trunk of the car once parked, riffled back a couple of beers (you will want to because a long bus ride is ahead). Walked across the street, filled out a waiver and got on a bus for the trip down a river. Bus ride is long, but we had this driver Kevin who was the man. Guy was a laugh riot. Also had Kristen as a guide and another guide Sean (Shawn if he does not spell it like a goon). So we chit chat the entire way up to the place. Stopped at a lake and skipped some stones 80’s movie style while having some dude heart to hearts. Hopped back in the bus and ripped up this crazy bumpy squirly logging road and went across a “bridge” that was two rickety planks (AWESOME BUS INERTIA ACTIVATE DUKES OF HAZARD STYLE).

Got off the bus and received some pro level safety training. Picked boat leaders. I got Larry. Larry is a bona fide BAMF. Guy was drafted outta high school by the Royals (an MLB team or so I hear). Didn’t get a contract (cuz it’s the freakin MLB) and kicked around the minors till tearing a ligament or tendon of some sort. Here’s the kicker, did not tear the ligament playing ball, nope, saved an orphan from a burning house and tore it while lifting a felled beam off of her leg! HOLY SMOKES.

So Guide Larry, myself and this burlfest of a human named Ned get our boat. We had two other jamokes with us, some guy with a spider tattoo and his wife. Spider tattoo was not such a fan of (did not paddle like a boss at all). Wife it was her birthday – turned 36. She was slaying it. Paddled so hard her glasses broke!

We get in this lake – scenic as the day is long. Then it become terrible for a bit. You have to paddle across said lake under your own power. I though a river was gonna do all the work, was a little too hungsy for this and had to rely on burlfest Ned to get us to the river head and out of the tranquil, headwind right in your face lake. But once we got on the river WHOA NELLY.

You hit like 6 awesome rapids! The rafting is big it is fast and keeps on coming at you. I’m talking like the real deal Evander Holyfield relentless. It was epic. Smashing down rapids, paddling for your life. Paddle some more, hold up, hang on, KEEP PADDLING. Oh we are gonna flip, everyone to the left of the boat, whew saved it Awesome!

Rip roaring rapid after rip roaring rapid, exhaustion starts to set in, you are worried for the next but guess what? PERFECT timing you are at the end. Hop in the river, swim, float do what ever! Then super surprise (spoilers ahead), you get towed in your boat back down the river and then across that pond where we were 80 skipping stones earlier. BONUS time you get to drink beer while this happens YES! Also we saw 3 moose! That’s right y’all one, nope, two no chance but three flippin moose just chilling and doing moose stuff.

Magic, highly recommended, would go again, give this place a 10! Thanks Larry, Kristen and Neal (Neil if he is not a goof as well, but I am pretty sure he is Canadian sooo he probably spells it like a total heel and goes with Neal).

Go to RaftNH and have a great ole time!

Clearwater
“Loved every bit of it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I want to say that I will rate this place 100% for the rafting part of our trip. We all had a blast and our guide was awesome. I will have to say all the staff were excellent including the bus driver who was also the photographer. They made it fun, exciting and us wanting to come back and do it all over again. The price was reasonable and you have to pay half up front as a deposit and the remainder 14 days out. Well, I changed credit card numbers, didn't think about it and when we showed up they didn't cancel our reservation for 9 people, it was still holding. I think that was excellent customer service. Now for the bad part they need to hear. The frustration for all of us started in the beginning. For all you future customers out their you need to be on time. We were suppose to take off at 9:30am however some of the other customers that signed up weren't there yet. We stood around with our vests and helmets on just waiting and it was very frustrating because we were early just to make sure no one waited on us. We never boarded the bus until after 10:00am. The bus ride would have been boring however one of the guides stood up and mentioned different historical and current facts about the area as well as the guides continually made jokes so before we knew it we were there. I will say the next 3-4 hours was great. We were having a blast going down the river. At the end they took group pictures, individual pictures and any other pictures you wanted. We all loaded back onto the bus and then frustration soon came when we got to the lunch spot. It was fine that the sandwichs were running late because we all can understand things happen but the frustration came when we all ate and then still had to wait a bit for them to set up the equipment to show us the pictures on a tv. The bus would have taken everyone back when they were done watching the pictures of our day however everyones cars are only parked 2 minutes away so you could see groups of people getting upset and just walking back to their cars. I guess that is where the sales person in me comes out. I feel they should have set the tv up while we ate lunch, had t-shirts, hats and other items to purchase right there and then when the excitement was still running thru everyones veins we most likely would have purchased more items then were purchased. We were a party of 9 and we ourselves left the tv area, walked back to our cars and just my sister went to the office to purchase a DVD of all the pictures...which I will add was an excellent price for 40 something dollars. Unfortantly for them I was so frustrated with the length of time between the food and the picture veiwing I didn't even go back to the office and purchase the 9 t-shirts I had intended to purchase from them for our group as a gift. Instead I purchased those items at Lost River Gorge the next day. I think if the customers would have been on time at the beginning and we could have left at 9:30am then we also would have been able to go down the river a third time instead of twice. The reason I believe this is because I over heard a repeat customer ask a guide if he thinks we can do three trips down today instead of two and the guide said, "Doesn't look like it since we haven't left yet." We did do two trips and that included swimming around for 15 minutes or so at the very end of each trip. Even with the beginning and end not so great we would 100% go again. The difference is we would now park our car were lunch is served, we will purchase the t-shirts before we even go on the raft and we will come back the next day for the DVD of pictures. Not sure if we would wait around for the sandwiches after though because it was after 2:30pm and dinner is just a couple hours from that time. In closing, they do have bathrooms at the beginning and ending areas for your use.

Visited June 2014
Medford, Massachusetts
“Oh, your going to love this one!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

A group of my friends took me out to me out on the Rapid River Class IV trip for my bachelor party. What a blast I must say.. we had had a great time.

Lucky Kristen was our rafting guide with a much of rowdy bachelors looking for a good time on the rapids.. She did a fantastic job putting up with our rowdy bunch, but also made sure to show us the best time on the rapids! We even did some raft surfing! Don't know what that is?! Well then you will have to go and find out! Was an experience that we cannot wait to do again!

The rest of the staff was great as well! All high energy folks who have a passion for what they do, looking to show anyone a good time out on the water.

If you are looking for a great trip this is one you can't pass up!