“I love coming back year after year!” 5 of 5 stars

Storybook Inn & Suites
At the Junction of Rts 16 & US 302, Glen, Bartlett, NH 03838   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Glen B&B and Inns
Vernal, Utah
“I love coming back year after year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My family and my friend's family have been returning to the Storybook Inn every year now for quite some time. We always get the end units at Brookside where we have big rooms with an outside patio. We set up our grill on the grass next to our unit and we enjoy three or four days of peace and quiet, as well as my cooked meals. The kids love to go swimming in the outdoor and indoor pools, play at the swing set area, and visit the game room where they play ping pong and constantly hound me to give them more quarters so they can play the video games. They run all over the back yard and side yards. I feel safe letting my kids run about, as we are situated a long ways from the road and are surrounded by woods. The front desk clerk has always neen helpful and friendly to me and my kids. We usually go to Attitash's alpine slide and water slides, aout five minutes away. I like being situated in Glen, because I'm away from the hub bub of North Conway's traffic, lines, and people. I get everything I need In Glen-- a grocery store and several restaurants are within walking distance, not to mention being able to walk to Storyland. Storybook's the perfect place to start off from to get to the places we like to visit in the shortest amount of time.

Room Tip: Queen rooms with the outside patio are worth the extra $10 than the standard poolside queen rooms--q...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sudbury, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

While the location is nice, and they have rooms set back off the highway and was very quiet, that is where the charm ends. The hotel needs a major overhaul. We stayed with our two toddlers, and while hotel rooms are never child safe this was worse than most. We had to switch rooms as the tv( that was a larger non flat screen) sat on a wobbly tv stand. This could easily been pulled over, and hurt someone. There was no in room coffee maker, but the fridge and microwave were nice to have in the rooms without having to request. Overall we will not be back and hope the storybook inn revamp their property.

Lancaster, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The family and I have visited Storybook Inn for years. We missed last year since we decided to try another hotel. We were disappointed with our visit this year. On our previous visits, the indoor and outdoor pools were great. Plus, the indoor and outdoor spas worked.
On our current visit, we found the outdoor pool cloudy and green. They also had a garden hose feeding water into the pool. Of course, that caused the water to be really cold.
The indoor pool was a little cleaner but still had a little green color. In addtion, it was cold and not heated. I remember the indoor pool used to have a comfortable temperature.
The indoor spa did not actually work. The jets were really weak and it was not very hot. In addition, the paint was chipping off into the water.
The outdoor spa seemed to work, but it was not really hot.
Overall, the staff was really friendly and helpful. It does appear that the Inn's maintenance has become very laxed, compared to our previous visits. I also noticed that the price did not match the original price list, when I checked out online. Somebody else, on TripAdvisor, noticed that also.
I doubt we will visit again. That is too bad since we did enjoy our visits in the past.

Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My husband and I took a trip to NH to take our 2 year old to Storyland. We chose this hotel because it was so close to the theme park. I usually research every hotel that we stay in and if I had looked on trip advisor first, I would have known to stay away from this place, but for some reason I didn't look into it beforehand. This place is straight out of the 50s and has not been touched since then.

Pros: ???

Cons: The pool was very old and dirty (We only saw the outside pool, so not sure what the indoor one looked like). The small tv in the room came in fuzzy. When we turned the water on to give our daughter a shower the water came out rusty and ran brown for about 5 minutes, ew! The towels were very rough and had stains on them, also ew. There were bugs throughout the room. The sliding glass door that lead to the patio did not lock! We propped a chair up against the handle in hopes that it would stop someone from breaking in. There are several buildings to this place and we were placed in one further back. We were the ONLY people in the entire building. So sketchy! We were only there for one night, so we didn't do anything about it and after being in the park we were so exhausted that we just decided to deal with it, but under any other circumstances we would have gone to a different hotel. I also noticed that the prices listed under the rates section on their website were way lower than what we were actually charged. Supposed to be $125 for a weekday and we were charged $140. If I had known what we were getting into I would not have even paid the $125. Definitely DO NOT recommend this place to anyone!!! EW, EW, and EWWW!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
wales, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Checked in for five nights on spur of the moment whilst touring USA, very surprised to find somewhere but extremely quiet with loads of rooms spare (strange as other places were full during this week, 4th July!)
Room was clean and adequate although coffe making facilities would have been nice.
Negative side, washing machine was unplugged so rather than just plug it in I went to reception to see if it was ok, I was told that the maintenance guy would come and see, 30 minutes later and after having seen him walking around, I got fed up with waiting and went to a local launderette.

Outside pool was a tad cold for my liking, the indoor pool area is great, very spacious and pool warm. Hot tubs are weird, warm but no real jets!

Great wifi around pool area, room sliced with new towels EVERY DAY....

Would stop there again if in area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashua, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've been by this place many times on the way to Storyland, so decided to look it up on line. They were offering a June special for $89 a night. Generally, I like to book online however there seemed to be a conflict with the pricing when booking online and the pricing listed on their website. I called multiple times, only to hear that the front desk was closed. I finally left a message and someone did get back to me. She told me there was a problem with the website. I booked 2 nights and waited for my e-mail confirmation. I never received it, so I called to confirm. I called many times and kept getting the same message stating front desk was closed. I finally got in touch and apparently she had the incorrect e-mail. She stated she would send me confirmation. I still never received one. The day we arrived for check-in, it was around 5p.m. I was crossing my fingers that we even had a room since I still never received a confirmation email. When we arrived, the place was like a ghost town. The office sign was lit, however there was no one around. There was a note on the door, stating if we needed assistance to go to the Main Inn. I walked into what I thought was the Main Inn, however it was dark. Went back to the car and place a call. Luckily, I reached a person. She stated she would send someone to the office to help us. Check-in was no problem. We arrived in our room, only to find NO towels. So I had to make another call to get some. We found out that the indoor hot tub had no jets, kind of a bummer since it was pouring rain. Water was luke warm. Indoor pool, water was definitely not heated. It was as cold as the outdoor pool. I noticed in a previous review back in August of 2012, that there was a problem with the hot tub, however wanted to give this place the benefit of the doubt. Overall, the place was passable. Room was clean; however this place is just past its prime. It was so odd; we were there for two nights and only saw one other guest staying there. Wondering how a place like this can stay in business. Upon, check out we just left the keys in our room and left. Again, office had no one around and place was like a ghost town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Penobscot, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a very nice inn and suites that is locates right about in the middle of all the attractions around Conway and Jackson in New Hampshire.There in an indoor and outdoor pool and hot tug.Very friendly staff,very large rooms,some have a door between them for your convience if you need more then a room.The only complaint I had was the light over the table was out in the room too far and I hit my head on it a lot.It should be in over the table more.You couldn't ask for more helpful staff.Seems like every where we go in New Hampshire the people at these places are very pleasant.You can walk to one of the finest resturants in N.H.,the Train Depot.just across the road.Up around the corner is the Story Land attraction.Just a few miles the other way is Conway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Storybook Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!