“close to the B&B” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Glen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Late Night
Description: The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub offers great family dining as well as an adult only dining area. Our Patio area is open during the Summer months. Our new menu features locally sourced produce whenever possible and several unique Gluten Free and Vegetarian items. In addition, our Specials feature only locally sourced meats, cheeses & produce. There are always live bands in the Pub on Friday & Saturday nights. We also have an Open Mic' night every Monday.The Pub opens at 3:30 Mon-Fri and the Dining Room at 5:00. On Sat & Sun, the Pub opens at 3:00 and the Dining Room at 4:00. We serve food util 9:30 Sun-Thurs and until 10:00 on Sat & Sun.
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“close to the B&B”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is typical pub/restaurant that caters to skiers and hikers. The beer choices were great, but the food? meh. It was close to the Bernerhof Inn, so that was a plus.

Visited July 2013

“Great time at the parka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

This restaurant was a great place to try. First time going tonight and well worth the stop. I will be going back in the future for sure. The atmosphere is wonderful and sitting in the old train car was a great experience. I highly recommend the north country pot roast. Great portion at a great price. Thanks for making our first time experience delightful.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
rpp302, Owner at The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your review! It is wonderful to get to have someone here for the first time. I hope you will be frequent diners with us!
Terry O'Brien
Bayside, New York
“An OK place to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Was here recently for dinner and for the life of me can't remember what I ate. Wasn't bad, but wasn't impressive either or I'd remember. Had air conditioner blowing directly on me and had no option to change my seat...it was kind of chilly to say the least.

Visited July 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Rockin at the parka!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Whether you're looking for a great place to bring your kids for dinner or listen to live music... This is the place! We have been going to the area for years to visit our girls at camp and its definitely our "go to " place. The chef has done a superb job of creating a fantastic menu. I had the brisket wrap with blueberry coleslaw that was amazing! I love the decor with all the old skis ( reminds me of my teenage years skiing up there) on the ceiling and outside dining space. Staff couldn't be friendlier. We love live music and are never disappointed. Red parka rocks and can't wait to go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Hampshire
“Menu sounded great but food was disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We vacation in this area frequently and the Red Parka looks cute and always has a full lot. It has been around since 1972 and while that is charming, it seems like they haven't updated much. The menu seemed promising and I selected a grilled chicken salad with local cheeses. It was $16 and was awful. It was drowned in dressing and the small portion was soggy. The salads at fast food joints are better. My husband's meal of a salmon burger was equally disappointing. My daughter didn't touch her cold and clumpy Mac and cheese and my son wouldn't eat the ribs, so we sent them back. It's a shame such a local landmark couldn't get it right. Next time, we will drive on by.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
rpp302, Owner at The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I am so sorry about your experience. I am especially sorry about the Entree Salad. Apparently, we need to train the salad maker some more! I wish you could elaborate on the problem with the Salmon Burger as it is one of our best selling items on our new menu. And our BBQ Ribs have been one of our top sellers for over 30 years. I would be more than happy to talk to you at any time and see what we can do to make your experience better if you should decide to give us another chance.
Terry O'Brien