“Rockin at the parka!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Glen
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Late Night
Description: The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub offers great family dining as well as an adult only dining area. Our Patio area is open during the Summer months. Our new menu features locally sourced produce whenever possible and several unique Gluten Free and Vegetarian items. In addition, our Specials feature only locally sourced meats, cheeses & produce. There are always live bands in the Pub on Friday & Saturday nights. We also have an Open Mic' night every Monday.The Pub opens at 3:30 Mon-Fri and the Dining Room at 5:00. On Sat & Sun, the Pub opens at 3:00 and the Dining Room at 4:00. We serve food util 9:30 Sun-Thurs and until 10:00 on Sat & Sun.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Rockin at the parka!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Whether you're looking for a great place to bring your kids for dinner or listen to live music... This is the place! We have been going to the area for years to visit our girls at camp and its definitely our "go to " place. The chef has done a superb job of creating a fantastic menu. I had the brisket wrap with blueberry coleslaw that was amazing! I love the decor with all the old skis ( reminds me of my teenage years skiing up there) on the ceiling and outside dining space. Staff couldn't be friendlier. We love live music and are never disappointed. Red parka rocks and can't wait to go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Hampshire
“Menu sounded great but food was disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We vacation in this area frequently and the Red Parka looks cute and always has a full lot. It has been around since 1972 and while that is charming, it seems like they haven't updated much. The menu seemed promising and I selected a grilled chicken salad with local cheeses. It was $16 and was awful. It was drowned in dressing and the small portion was soggy. The salads at fast food joints are better. My husband's meal of a salmon burger was equally disappointing. My daughter didn't touch her cold and clumpy Mac and cheese and my son wouldn't eat the ribs, so we sent them back. It's a shame such a local landmark couldn't get it right. Next time, we will drive on by.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
rpp302, Owner at The Red Parka Steakhouse & Pub, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I am so sorry about your experience. I am especially sorry about the Entree Salad. Apparently, we need to train the salad maker some more! I wish you could elaborate on the problem with the Salmon Burger as it is one of our best selling items on our new menu. And our BBQ Ribs have been one of our top sellers for over 30 years. I would be more than happy to talk to you at any time and see what we can do to make your experience better if you should decide to give us another chance.
Owner
Reading, Massachusetts
“Best meal EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I took my daughter and her friend (8 & 10) to the Red Parka Pub for dinner while on vacation. My daughter got ckicken fingers with sweet potato fries, her friend got sirloin tips with baked potato, both of the kids menu, and both large portions. I got the pick 2 sampler (which gave 5 different options). I chose the sirloin tips with grilled onions, baked potato, and fresh green beans. The food was incredible!!! The staff was very friendly, and attentive...especially Gillian, our waitress. To top things off, we saw a black bear outside the restaurant!! Great food and nature at it's best!! I highly recommend this place!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your great review. If only we could train the bears to come out every night! I hope to see you again soon.
Terry O'Brien
“Food was great but service couldve been better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Nice quiet place away from their next door bar. The waitress took forever to give us our meal and then when she did my steak wasnt done the way I asked. I had ribs and steak, and the ribs were absolutely amazing! And the fresh veggies were a splendid touch. My only complaint was how long it took the food to cook almost 30 mins and how the waitress never checked on us. It was so bad that another waiter had to help us and he was great!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review. I will definitely address the issue of the server not checking back with you as this is a huge pet peeve of mine. I do appreciate it when guests give us constructive feedback that we can use to improve our service. I hope you come back soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Summer dinner at the Red Parka”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went to the Red Parka Pub for dinner with my family during recent trip to Storyland. I have been coming to the area for 30 years but had never eaten there so thought I'd try it. I had grilled chicken teriyaki which was excellent, but my wife's haddock was not the freshest and the kids food was only ok. On walking into the restaurant we were hit with the smell of sour milk, and the restaurant feels grimy; dirty carpet, the wood wainscoting was stained with food, ketchup, cobwebs in the corner, etc. It looks like the place needs to be cleaned out and power washed. Service was very pleasant and generally attentive.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review. I am glad that your meals were good. Summertime is difficult to keep things as clean as we would like with all of the children that come in. I'm glad you mentioned the carpet - even though we just had it cleaned as we do several times a year, it doesn't seem to look it. This reinforces my plan to replace the carpet with something else this fall.
The wainscoting is a problem. It is unfinished barnboard and I guess we will have to sand it down to get it to look new and clean. It is 40 years old which is contributes to the wear and tear on it.

At any rate, thank you for your thoughts.
Terry O'Brien.