“You may arrive as a stranger, but you'll leave feeling like a family member.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast

You added Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   342 US Route 302, PO Box 240, Glen, Bartlett, NH 03838   |
Announcement
Free Couple's Massage!
Ranked #1 of 5 Glen B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colonial Heights, Virginia
“You may arrive as a stranger, but you'll leave feeling like a family member.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

The Bernerhof Inn, where they don’t treat you like a guest, but rather, a member of the family.

For those of you who may be looking for a quiet and relaxing retreat, away from the hustle and bustle of downtown North Conway NH, then make the drive a little further along to the Bernerhof Inn B&B in Glen NH.

Your hosts, Melissa & Leonard, (by the end of your stay you’ll know them as Missy & Len) are an engaging and happy couple who are always welcoming their guests to not only stay at their inn, but to hopefully become an extended part of their own happy family.

The layout of the ground floor of the Inn is quite relaxing; their lobby also doubles as a large and relaxing living room. Just to the left will be the breakfast area, which will be busy every morning as Len is going to spoil you with his delicacies made with only the freshest local ingredients (during my recent stay it was Pumpkin Pancakes). Warning; Those of you who order a second helping of the breakfast entrée that morning, should prepare themselves for a larger second portion, which is even more delightful.

To the left of the breakfast area will be the Black Bear Pub which features a bar which also doubles as a breakfast buffet in the mornings and a cozy and quiet retreat in the evenings where you can share stories of the many sights and adventures that you shared that day with either a glass of wine or a beer. And if while you are enjoying your vacation, somehow you still have to stay in touch with your favorite sports team, they do have a large screen HD TV which is viewable both from the bar and the room which I call the den.

But the best part about the Bernerhof Inn is to be discovered upstairs in your elegantly decorated rooms. The pictures of the rooms shown on their website don’t lie, but they don’t show the slightest wonderful details either. It’s when you make those small discoveries yourself that you’ll know that you are staying at a wonderful place.

Now while they do serve a wonderful breakfast each and every morning, and this bed & breakfast also has their own pub onsite, it is also worth mentioning that these wonderful extras are available exclusively to their few guests. You won’t see any locals coming in and causing a ruckus. They do have a unique security feature to help insure your up most privacy during your stay.

During my two nights here, I had no problems falling asleep and was pleasantly surprised by the breakfast the following morning. My only regret was missing out on the chance to play some board games and/or cards with Melissa as I inadvertently stepped out one evening. But I’ll just have to make that up to her when I return next year.

The Bernerhof Inn & Bed & Breakfast; more than just a relaxing, romantic retreat. A place that will leave fond memories until your return once more.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
MelissaLeonard, General Manager at Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Paul,

Thank you for your beautiful words.......It's guests like you that make our job a pleasure! The benefits to what we do is meeting people like yourself....who are not just a guest in our inn, but family, whose smiling face we will look forward to seeing in the years to come. Len and I love what we do and consider ourselves blessed to be able to live the lifestyle we live. This is our home and our guests our family....we strive to make sure you have everything you need and more......it is our sincere desire to make your time spent in the beautiful Mt. Washington Valley a memorable one.......So thanks again Paul.......we can't wait for you to come back to your "home away from home" !

LIfe is a journey and we meet many people along the way........our guests are the defining point in our journey.

Len and Missy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

We got the last room available on busy Columbus weekend and unfortunately that was the Freedom Village room . We were prepared for the smallest room on the 3rd floor , but not for a bed that sunk in the middle. Photos also did not show the slanting ceiling that threatened to bump our heads.
Besides that, the place is beautiful, staff is kind and helpful and breakfast is rich.
We managed to extend our stay in the North Conway room (1st floor) which was bigger and more expensive, and - had a good matrass.
We wondered - if you book the small (cheaper) room, are you getting punished with a bad matress?

Room Tip: Don't book the smaller rooms Try to get a room that does not face the road
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
We are so very sorry to hear that you found our mattress to be uncomfortable. I can assure you that all of our mattresses are Simmons Beautyrest and are only 14 months old. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention as we will definitely address the issue. The Freedom Village room is a smaller room on the third floor and has a sloped ceiling due to the angle of the roofline. I again apologize if you were uncomfortable, but am happy that we are able to offer The Freedom Village room at a reduced rate to our guests. We think it is important for people of all economic backgrounds to be able to stay at our inn.....Some people find this room to be a treasure as you receive all the benefits that the Inn has to offer. We were very pleased to hear that you extended your stay with us and hope you will stay with us again in the future. We take all reviews very seriously as we take pride in our work.....this is our home and your comfort and satisfaction is our top priority.

Best,
Len and Melissa
Innkeepers
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Glen is located just north of Conway which is full of comercial strip malls and touristy activity. The Bernerhof gracefully sits off the road and is a beautiful house. Upon my arrival, Leonard was a very gracious host. He checked me in, helped me unload my luggage and escorted me to my room. He also lent me an Ipad for my enjoyment, not to mention that there were Macs on every floor for your use. He told me he used to be a baker, and his level of expertise showed. He had delicous hot apple cider and a variety of cakes, including fresh made apple cider donuts for us to enjoy in the afternoon. There was also a variety of teas with your own individual tea pot if you so desired. Next he led us to the bar area, a warm and cozy area. There were a variety of cold beers and several bottles of wine. He said he didn't have a bartender, so if you had a beverage just to let him know. I had reserved the Intervale room, which was lovely. The room was clean, the linens wonderful. I slept like a baby. Breakfast was excellent!! In the bar area I was greeted with the aroma of fresh coffee. You helped yourself to coffee, juice, fresh fruit that was excellent. Before I could finish my fruit a piping hot full breakfast was laid before me. Scrambled eggs, pumpkin pancakes with maple butter and bacon. Not only can Leonard bake...he can cook too!! My stay at the Bernerhof exceeded my expectations on all levels and is highly recommended. I will be back one day for another apple cider donut!! :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Cranleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

We stayed two nights and thoroughly enjoyed this delightful Bed and Breakfast. Our room was The Intervale and was absolutely as described on the website - beautiful in all respects, spotlessly clean and immaculately presented .
Breakfast caught us out on the first morning as we were so impressed by the buffet that we were somewhat surprised when, soon after sitting down, a fair-sized cooked breakfast appeared before us! Still, it set us up for a day of wondrous sightseeing.
Len, apart from providing us with a very warm welcome, is also a bit of a techie as there is a MacBook in public space on each floor level and iPad(s) for loan - a very welcome facility after almost one month on the road.
The Red Parka provided good hearty evening meals, good value too if you remembered to ask for the 10% Seniors discount!
Although we were told on check-in that the Intervale was the quietest room in the house we did experience some early morning traffic noise - cause by roadmending trucks repairing the highway damage caused by Irene.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Clane, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

My wife and I had a strange experience in this B & B, we stopped in for 2 nights in May on a driving trip around New England and happened to be the only ones staying in the place.

We kind of got the impression the owners were sorry they hadnt closed the place for the month and gone on holidays themselves.

On a bad note the breakfast wasnt to our liking, way too sweet and stodgy, but besides this the B & B is beautiful. We were upgraded to their best room on arrival, no extra charge, and given the use of an ipad for our stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Had a wonderful time at this bed and breakfast! Was more then advertised!! The breakfast was far beyond the typical continental fare, rooms had all the amenties and comfort you could ask for! Most new hampshire activities are in a short driving distance in beautiful new england scenery! Great stay, highly recommended to anyone!

• Stayed September 2011
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I planned an impromptu getaway with my daughter to visit Storyland. I booked a one night stay at the Bernerhof Inn. Upon checking in, we were offered an upgrade to a large suite. Beautiful!! Our room was super clean and beautifully decorated. The decor of the entire Inn is absolutely charming. Breakfast was fantastic and our hosts were very accommodating to a 7 year old's palette. My daughter and I immediately agreed that we wanted to spend a 2nd night as our surroundings were so lovely and welcoming.
The Inn is ideally located to many of the mountain attractions. We will definitely be returning.
Thank you for a wonderful, relaxing stay!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bernerhof Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!